Chapter 2.

It's Mine! He's Mine! Wait, What?

Taeyong stood still as Winwin and the girl hold tightly on the cone. And it seems like no one is about to let go of it sooner.

 

The girl looks like she’s about in her late teens and she’s wearing a rather tomboy-ish get up which is not at par with her girly looks. She has shoulder length layered brown-black hair and she’s about near Winwin’s shoulder. She really looks cute but the fire in her eyes and the grip on the cone tells a whole new story. He can literally see flames from her gaze and her brown orbs are burning holes to Winwin’s own.

 

Taeyong is itching to step in and pull the Chinese teen away but it looks like the battle is not for him. It is for Winwin and for the girl only.

 

A cough interrupted the tensed atmosphere, cutting Taeyong’s train of thought. And to his surprise, Winwin was the first one to break the silence.

 

”Um, this is mine.” He tightened his grip on the ice cream cone, earning a wide eyed stare from the l.

 

She didn’t seem too shaken by Winwin’s statement to the extent she yanked the cone to her side, almost tripping the bewildered teen. “Chivalry is really dead, I see.” She chuckled and said the statement in English.

 

All the hyung could do was stare at the exchange of very few but heavily weighted words. Knowing pretty well that Winwin can understand English but he can’t speak it that well, Taeyong doubted that he would have a hard time rebutting with a much better English phrase.

 

Of course, he was wrong.

 

The two of them started yanking the cone to and fro while spewing “NAEKKOYA!” and the likes to each other. The intensity of their Korean evident in their voices as they try to outdo each other’s rather dulcet tones.

 

“It’s mine!”

 

“What are you talking about, Blondie boy? It’s mine! I got it first!”

 

“Blondie Boy- Hey, who do you think you are? You… You man handler!”

 

“Tch. I eat guys like you in the morning, excuse you.”

 

“That’s beside the point! Now, gimme it!”

 

“Na naekko!”

 

“Na naekko!”

 

“Mine.”

 

“No, it’s mine!”

 

“Oh oh Blondie Boy getting all worked up just because of an ice cream cone. What a baby!”

 

“I told you, that’s beside the point! Give. Me. It!”

 

“It’s mine!”

 

“No, mine!”

 

“MINE. M-I-N-E!”

 

“No, you’re mine now give me what’s mine!”

 

“No, it’s mine--- Wait, what?!?!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If it wasn’t for the rack of chips Taeyong was leaning to, he would have kissed the floor.

 

The girl looked at Winwin as if he just uttered the Avada Kedavra curse, making her release her grip from the cone.

 

Winwin’s face turned beet red when it dawned to him what he just said. He held the now softened ice cream cone in his hand gently and tried to look away.

 

Sensing the awkward situation, Taeyong realized it’s his time to interfere. He emerged from the array of chips and made his way to the two of them. He slung his arm on Winwin’s shoulder and when he was about to talk, the girl started giggling.

 

Yes, giggling.

 

Confused, Taeyong glanced at Winwin and he is SMILING WIDELY. Taeyong swore he saw sparkles around Winwin’s face when he heard the girl’s laugh.

 

Winwin spoke first, acknowledging the embarrassing moment that had happened a few minutes ago. “I’m sorry, really. It’s just… Uh, my Korean’s still not that intact and I tend to… Uh, blurt out words that are… Um, connected and sounds like of what I really want to say.” He chuckled, looking at the almost melted ice cream cone. “I guess no one would be getting ice cream.”

 

Wow, Taeyong thought. This is the most talking Winwin has ever done before. And with a stranger too!

 

The girl smiled at his statement and waved her hand dismissively. “Aniya. It’s no big deal. You do look like a foreigner so I understand. My name is Ye Ahn, by the way. Not too many men fight over for ice cream nowadays.” She smiled again, beaming while her eyes diverted to Taeyong. Her eyes made a run down on Taeyong’s stature, scrutinizing him a bit before talking. “You really look familiar to me. The both of you, actually. Are you guys celebrities of some sort?”

 

“Um, we’re idols. From the group NCT 127. We just debuted two days ago.” Winwin proudly stated, his smile spreading wider across his lips.

 

Ye Ahn nods at the new found information, her eyes still wandering on the two males’ appearance. “Just as I thought. Listen. About the ice cream, you can have it. It’s getting late as well and I need to get back to my dorm. I’ll just go to the next convenience store to buy mine. Nice meeting you…?” She realized she haven’t asked their names, leaving her sentence hanging.

 

Taeyong answered for the both of them, gesturing to himself first. “I’m Taeyong and his name is Winwin. And please.” He reached for the ice cream cone from Winwin’s hands, leaving the latter’s palm wet with the condensation of the coldness of the wrapper. “You shouldn’t be wandering anymore at this time. You can have it. We’ll be the ones to find another store.”

 

“Yeah. It’s pretty dangerous for you to walk alone, considering the time.” Winwin said in agreement.

 

“You guys are sweet, really. But it’s fine. I can handle this. I usually go home from university at this time so I am used to it.” She smiles and extended her hand, patting Taeyong and Winwin’s shoulders. “Can’t believe guys like you still exists. Feisty yet very thoughtful of women. Chivalry is really not dead, I guess.” She shrugged a bit with a laugh. “You two be careful too, okay? I’ll be going now~ Bye~” Without another word, she her heel and walked to the exit.

 

Taeyong pulled Winwin’s arm to the cashier, the cone in his hand and his wallet already out from his pocket. As he was picking up his change from the counter, he started talking to his dongsaeng. “Maybe we should go too, Sicheng ah-”

 

“Hyung, can we at least accompany her until she gets home? What if something bad and dangerous happen to her?” Winwin said worriedly, his eyes are constantly glancing at the convenience store’s glass doors.

 

The elder was taken aback with the seriousness of Winwin’s tone. He himself is very concerned with Ye Ahn walking on the streets at this hour but at the same time, he has promised the PD noona to go back quickly. “I know Sicheng ah. I feel worried for Ye Ahn as well. But we need to go back. Noona’s instructions though…” He trailed off, shoving his whole wallet inside his pocket and gives the ice cream cone to Winwin.

 

He looked at the younger, his face crestfallen while grabbing the ice cream cone. And out of the blue when they exited the convenience store, Winwin got a hold of Taeyong’s sleeves again, tugging it so he would focus more on him.

 

Oh, no no no no no no no. NOT THIS AGAIN. Give me a break- Taeyong silently prayed to whoever deity is listening to him. Lend me the strength to say no to this lil ball of fluff. JUST THIS ONCE PLEASE.

 

His prayers weren’t heard and he was answered by Winwin’s persistence. “Please, hyung? She can’t be far away from here. Please? Please? Please? Please? I am worried she would be robbed or something! Aren’t you even worried? How could you?!” He didn’t even try to mask his desperation in his cutesy cutesy way of begging to his hyung.

 

And as always, Taeyong couldn’t say no to his favourite dongsaeng ever. Especially not now when he’s being a really concerned soul for someone he met at a convenience store. He sighed in defeat, patting his arm in acquiesce. “Okay, let’s do this as quick as possible. She buys her ice cream, we go to accompany her to her house then we sprint to the dorm. Got it?”

 

The latter smiled widely, all traces of grimness gone. “Let’s go!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~

A/N: SO FINALLY I HAVE UPDATED THIS WOOT WOOT WOOT. XD I am sorry for keeping this chapter. ;; School is getting really tough and omg MY THESIS DEFENSE IS NEXT MONTH HELP ME HELP HELP HELP. 

Please include me in your prayers, guys. I am getting really drained everyday huhu.

ENJOY THIS CHAPTER! Sorry if it's short. T n T

I love you all so much! Tenchuuuuu~ 

God bless and fighting!

©OfficialT-Hope2016