Chapter 1.

It's Mine! He's Mine! Wait, What?

It all started… With ice cream.

 

The story unfurled right in front of Lee Taeyong’s eyes. Faster than expected. Waaaaaaaay faster than an isopropyl alcohol killing 99.9% of germs on his hands.

 

He feels kind of proud that it happened slightly because of him. And maybe because he can never ever resist Winwin’s undying aegyo. I mean, come on. Could you resist his baby face scrunching up and getting all puffy when he’s asking him to go buy his favourite cold treat for the scorching summer day? The answer is no.

 

All Winwin has to do is say “Taeyong hyung. Please buy me ice cream” with his deep voice and a tug on the elder’s sleeves and he will give in.

 

HE WILL ALWAYS GIVE IN.

 

But there’s one very special occasion that Taeyong would never forget. In fact, he’s very thankful it happened.

 

During their first The Show appearance, NCT 127 almost bagged their first win since Fire Truck was released. They had a neck to neck battle of scores with their seniors Wonder Girls and it’s certainly saying something since they’re just rookies. Taeyong's chest was pounding when the screens show the tabulation of their scores and he himself can't help but feel a bit sad because they were so close yet so far with their first win. After the MCs gave the trophy to Wonder Girls, Why So Lonely bursted through the speakers for the encore and they all greeted their sunbaes first before exiting the stage.

 

On the way to their dressing room, Taeyong noticed the lingering feeling of regret and sadness with his co-members. As the acting leader and mom of the whole NCT enterprise, he has grown very sensitive to his ‘kids’ attitudes and that includes memorizing their habits, their facial expressions and their unsaid words.

 

Inside the room, the PD-nims welcomed and congratulated them on how close they were on winning and that lifted the gloomy and droopy atmosphere. Maybe all they really needed is for people to recognize that they are doing great despite what others are thinking about them.

 

All smiles now, they changed to their normal clothes and thanked all the makeup and coordi noonas before beeline-ing to the van.

 

His Taeil hyung led the younger ones first to the car since Taeyong's automatically seated shotgun. Taeyong smiled as he looks at the others piling up to the back and middle part of the van. He counted the people entering the car mentally and noticed that a certain blonde guy is missing. And basing on how his other members are acting, apparently they didn’t notice that Winwin got left behind.

 

“Noona.” He caught up with one of the PD noonas before she entered the same van. “Go back to the dorms first, ne? I promised Winwinie that we will walk around the block for a while.” He mustered up his best smile and quickly made a story to have a one on one talk with the Chinese teenager.

 

The noona nodded, patting Taeyong’s head as she typed on her handphone. “Remember the rules, okay? Don’t let anyone-”

 

“Don’t let anyone see us. Always wear masks and hoodies. Don’t stay out late. I have that imprinted in my head, noona. Thank you so much!” He grins before running back inside the building to fetch Winwin.

 

The blonde teen is still inside the dressing room but he has changed into his normal clothes too. He has his backpack slung on his shoulders and he’s helping the other staff noonas and hyungs in packing up. Since Winwin’s still has a difficulty in talking in Korean and their interpreter has gone home with the other members, the noonas and hyungs let him help.

 

A soft smile made its way to Taeyong’s lips as he watched from the far doorway. The staff has been showering praises on Winwin while he helps them but it’s a bit saddening the latter can’t fully understand it. “You were so good at doing that front flip, Winwin-ah!” “I really like your voice. Very stable and low. You’ll make a great singer one day!” “Aigoo. This kid sure is helpful. Ya, Winwin-ah~ That’s a bit heavy… Okay, he can do it.” “Your Korean is improving, Sicheng~”

 

Winwin would only smile while putting clothes on neat piles inside a box or he would say “Kamsahamnida” in his heavily Chinese accented voice as he closes the clear plastic containers of accessories and makeup.

 

The older hyung rushed back inside when Winwin insisted on carrying one of the containers that is to be loaded inside the van that is waiting outside. The younger almost toppled when he saw his silver haired hyung run to his side and carried the other end of the container.

 

“Hyung! What are you still doing here?” Winwin asked, his hands busy steadying the plastic monstrosity and balancing himself as they walk towards the opened van.

 

They heaved a big breath after putting down the box at the back part of the van. “You and me are going for a walk, Winwinie~" He smiled and throws one of his arms around Winwin's shoulder protectively. "It’s nothing serious but I want to just hang out with you for a while.” Taeyong smiled and proceeds to leading Winwin out of the parking lot of the building. He fumbled a bit in his bag to grab a cap and a face mask from it and put it on Winwin’s head. “I persuaded the PD noona to give us the rest of the afternoon so I can take you on a tour. It will be nice, right?”

 

Winwin stared at him with wide eyes and smiles as well, keeping close to his hyung in fear of getting lost in the sea of people in the streets of Seoul. “Ah, this hyung. You're so full of surprises, really. Thank you so much.”

 

Taeyong snorted and feigned hurt, unleashing his inner aegyo in front of his dongsaeng. “What do you mean ‘this hyung?’ You rascal. I made a way for us to bond and this is how you repay me?” 

 

Winwin snickered in response, his hands finding his hyung's veiny arm. "I was kidding, hyung. You know I am grateful for you."

 

Taeyong could only smile, feeling really elated to see the younger happy.

 

They trudged a bit farther from the busy streets. They talked about the things Winwin are seeing for the first time and Taeyong explaining them to him slowly. Taeyong also taught Winwin some new words and helped him in using them in sentences.

 

After almost an hour of walking, they arrived at one of the places where they filmed the second episode of NCT Life in Seoul. Winwin excitedly pulled Taeyong to the playground where they showed their representation of the letters of NCT Life by taking pictures around Kyungridan shopping district.

 

"Hyung! Swing!" Winwin pulled them on the swing set and swings himself while Taeyong sat down on the other one, swinging slowly as he watched Winwin.

 

No matter how hard he tries to deny it, he knew he has grown protective of Winwin over the short period of time they were together. Not only to Winwin but Kun as well. The two of them had been stuck like glue because they are the only ones who could understand each other. Kun has a better time adjusting since he has been in Korea for a bit longer than Winwin. He can still remember the scared 18-year-old walking inside their practice room for the first time, barely talking to anyone except to Kun and their interpreter. He really feels drawn to him and he will do anything to keep him away from the harm of being in a foreign land.

 

This must be how Johnny felt towards Ten. And now they’re inseparable. #Tenny

 

“Taeyong hyung. Taeyong hyuuuuuuuung~”

 

His train of thought was suddenly cut short when Winwin’s deep voice interrupted him. He was glad Winwin did interrupt him because it would be embarrassing to stare into Winwin's face without saying anything. “I-I’m sorry, Winwinie~ Heh. Hyung got stuck in a thought. What is it?”

 

The younger reached out for his sleeves and tugged at it slowly, his eyes boring holes on Taeyong’s. He gulped a bit because he just wanted to do whatever Winwin would want him to do. He just can’t help but fall for the younger’s charms. “Ice cream, hyung. Can we buy ice cream, please?”

 

Taeyong feels really gay and cringey thinking how easily Winwin can ask cutely like this. He looks so serious sometimes but Winwin isn’t aware on how strong his aegyo is. His hyung stood up and pulled him along. “Ara, ara~ Let’s buy Winwinie some ice cream, ne?”

 

The duo crossed the street and entered a nearby convenience store. He let Winwin go as the younger wander to the back part of the store where the ice chests are located. Thankfully enough, some people inside the store are mostly middle aged women who are probably buying their last minute stuff before it gets late. Some spared a few glances to Taeyong but they didn’t pry and ask, a wave of relief washing over Taeyong.

 

When Winwin asks for ice cream, Taeyong always waits by the cashier for faster transactions and it can save them time rather than the two of them crowding over the ice chest. Winwin would normally be back with Taeyong after a whole minute of choosing what ice cream would he want to eat. But now, almost three minutes had passed and no Winwin is coming from the back part of the store.

 

Having his worrisome and mama duck instinct kicked in, Taeyong wanders to the back of the store and oh boy. He didn’t expect a scene like this right before his eyes.

 

Winwin is having a very deliberate battle with a girl with the last ice cream cone that the both of them are holding.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~

So I figured out I'll be making the first chapter short. *evil laugh*

Please support this story, guyseu! I am such a trash for Taewin quq

©OfficialT-Hope2016