It felt like Home

Moonryu Drabbles

“All I need is for you to listen to me.” Sera said as a tremor managed to creep in her voice.

 

The younger girl’s hands released their grip at her sides as she walked towards Hyuna. Even taking a couple of steps closer to her past lover, Sera felt distant from her.

 

“Hyuna..” Sera mustered waiting for her to turn around.

 

The older girl effortlessly faced Sera with her eyes wandering on the ground.

 

I’m always soft for you, that’s the problem. You could come knocking on my door five years from now and I would open my arms wider and say ‘come here’, it’s been too long, it felt like home with you.” Sera struggled playing out her words. Her eyes glassy with blind incomprehension. Does she even care? Does she even notice I’m hurt? Does she...

 

There was no sympathy or emotion that could possibly ease the younger girl’s heart. Sera wanted to hear her voice.

 

Hyuna crossed her arms heaving a sigh before starring at the smaller black haired girl.

 

“That’s ridiculous.” She stated.

 

In response, Sera was unsure why her chest felt tight enough to hinder her breathing while her eyes were beginning to tear. She questioned her state on why she is putting so much effort on this particular girl she spent with for so many years.  Sera loved her that’s for sure. But she couldn’t let go of her.

 

“Do you care about me Hyuna? Do you know how much pain I’m feeling right now? I can’t accept this.” Her voice grew louder almost screaming. Her muscles trembled with fear and sadness. The fact that Hyuna was blankly gazing at her with disinterest seeped through like a frostbite in her veins. Sera’s hands began twitching uncontrollably. Why am I letting my emotions get the best out of me?

 

“I don’t.” Hyuna scoffed stepping away from Sera. “It’s been how long… three years? You’re still not over it? You left me first.” She shrugged her shoulders relaxing her tense muscles from the shock of Sera’s yelling.

 

“You didn’t bother contacting me. You unfollowed me everywhere. I want an explanation, Hyuna.”

 

Sera’s tear stains began multiplying. Her vision became disoriented making Hyuna’s figure look blurry.

 

“It’s complicated to explain.”

 

“I just want to hear it. All of it I don’t care if it takes ten minutes… thirty minutes. I want to listen.” The tone of Sera’s voice became brutal. She was desperate to make closure.

 

“It’s a waste of my time. But I’m going to make it short.” Hyuna tentatively said dangling her arms on her sides. “I never wanted to see your face again. During that time and everywhere I turned something always reminded me of you. It gave me so much pain that I had to end it. Deleting your number and unfollowing you on Twitter and Instagram was the first thing I did. But that didn’t stop from hearing your name. Every time I went on an interview, they would always question me about you. I hated it.” Hyuna scoffed.

 

The silence lasted for ten minutes. Putting together the right words to explain to Hyuna about how immature her statement was tiring. She didn’t want to fight. The ache in her chest stung and she didn’t want to keep it up much longer.

 

“Why are you still standing here if you hate me so much? Please leave I don’t want to hurt you anymore.” Sera reluctantly replied, lowering her head.

 

Hyuna didn’t have anymore words to say. She couldn’t comprehend what Sera was going for. Sera would never give up on anything that she loved. According to her ex-lover’s judgement, Hyuna already pressed all the pressure points to finally give Sera the realization to regrettably give

up.

 

Walking up to the front door Hyuna gave one last glance at Sera. Her head was down,syn shoulders slumped, and destroyed. Somehow there was an ounce of symapthy in Hyuna’s mind, but she erased the feeling after leaving her home.