Meow?

Merely a Coincidence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Alright, mhm. Love ya babe." Baekhyun rolls his eyes as Jongdae makes more gagging noises and pulls the phone away from his mouth, "I want to point out I have pictures of you dressed up like this that I could show to anyone too drunk to remember it at the party." Jongdae becomes as still as a stone. Then a draft flows through the living room and Jongdae's hands immediately hold down the sides of the dress. Baekhyun laughs, enjoying the slightly uncomfortable Jongdae.

"Why are we even doing this aren't we a little old for costume parties?" Baekhyun gives Jongdae a sideways glance as he proceeds to walk to the kitchen to ransack Jongdae's fridge.

"Honestly Dae you don't get anything do you? Besides Chanyeol and Kyungsoo are gonna be here soon, and trust me, Chanyeol's gonna look great. At least I hope." Jongdae laughed as he grabbed his phone to check the time.

"It's ten to seven, where are they?" Baekhyun just dismissively waved his hand as he took out a tub of cookie dough icecream from the freezer and took a seat on the counter. Jongdae reluctantly handed him a spoon.

"Doesn't really matter anyways, doesn't the party start at like eight or something?" Jongdae shrugged and went to grab a spoonful of icecream for himself.

"How do you even know? You aren't even going! Why aren't you going anyways?" Jongdae hoisted himself up onto the counter next to Baekhyun.

"Soo has a major hangover, and I definitely wasn't going without him. Besides, how much more blackmail material do you want me to have?"

"I see your point." The doorbell then rang, then Jongdae heard the door open—Kyungsoo really was past waiting for someone to answer—as Baekhyun hopped off the counter to put the icecream away.

"Baek?" Kyungsoo called out, his footsteps already halfway down the hall.

"In the kitchen! Bring Chanyeol too!"

"I could really just ow—"

 

Kyungsoo walked in tugging on a hunched over Chanyeol due to him being dragged in by Kyungsoo. Chanyeol, who looked rather disoriented, was dressed up in dog ears and the tip of his nose black—obviously forgetting that his nose had the same treatment, along with whiskers. Jongdae cooed at how utterly adorable Chanyeol looked as he hopped off the counter.

"Aw you look so cute!" Jongdae let his arms wrap around the taller's neck as he stood on his toes to kiss him on the cheek." Kyungsoo walked over to Baekhyun to wrap his arm around the latter's waist, giving him his own kiss.

"Hey Baek," Jongdae was still hugging Chanyeol as Kyungsoo finally managed to look his friend over, "I do wonder how you managed to get Jongdae to wear a dress." Baekhyun smiled and placed a finger over his lips while Chanyeol finally pulled away from Jongdae and looked down to his legs. Baekhyun crossed his arms and waited.

"Holy—Jongdae!" Jongdae smiled, much more pleased with the reaction than Baekhyun would have thought. Jongdae did a very slow spin, making sure the dress didn't flip up. 

"Do you like it? Baek brought it for me to wear." Jongdae let a small smile break out on his face as Chanyeol nodded to Baekhyun in thanks.

"I don't just like it. Dae, I love it." Kyungsoo realized it was time for them to go when Chanyeol's hands began to migrate down Jongdae's sides and getting much too close to his rump than comfortable with two onlookers.

"Okay, well—Baek, let's get back to my place. I still have a headache from this idiot whining about the ears pulling on his hair." Chanyeol was too preoccupied with ogling Jongdae to even retort while Baekhyun laughed softly and nodded.

"Alright. Don't forget Chanyeol, you leave my baby alone for a minute and I'll be sure to kill you myself! 'Kay bye~" With that the two were out of the kitchen and through the front door faster than Jongdae could blush.

 

"So, you don't think the dress is weird?" Jongdae smiled teasingly as Chanyeol lifted a hand to run through his hair, stopping halfway to remember the ears.

"Nah, I like it. Ready to go?" Jongdae shook his head, not quite finished.

"One more thing," Jongdae pulled Chanyeol down into an actual kiss, letting the taller's hands rest nicely right above the tail. Jongdae smiled as he pulled away, Chanyeol looking pleased, "Okay, let's go!" Jongdae then made his way outside and into the passenger seat of Chanyeol's car. Poor Chanyeol almost tripped on his way out the door.

 

 

"Chanyeol! Jongdae! You're early!" Sehun opened the door to Jongin's house—Jongdae thought it was more like a mansion compared to his own but who's asking—and Jongdae thought Sehun looked rather hilarious dressed as a mobster—all black suit and red tie, eyes dark and demeaning. 

"Well hey, I didn't know Jongdae was a girl. Sup?" Jongin had appeared and he was dressed up in a similar costume to Sehun; black suit but red tie, along with a toy gun in one hand.

"Oh, shut up Jongin. He looks adorable! Besides, Chanyeol looks hilariously stupid." Chanyeol pouted, obviously offended while Jongdae just laughed and gave him a soft hug.

"You guys look good! You match too!" Jongin smiled, his cheeks tinging with a light blush. Sehun nodded and pulled the two inside the house. Chanyeol walked off to the kitchen with Jongin while Sehun put his arm around Jongdae's shoulders.

"Come on inside, people should be arriving in a bit. Jongin also might be slightly drunk already—that or he's always blushing like a little kid." Jongdae chuckled when a loud 'I heard that' sounded from the kitchen.

"There aren't going to be many people tonight, are there?"

"Probably more than you're used to Jongdae, but you'll be fine with Chan, he worries about you a lot, ya know?" Jongdae had a small smile, obviously unaware of this.

"No, I don't really know. I just thought you all would be happy that I came." Sehun smiled and nodded, while Jongin and Chanyeol appeared in the living room with them.

"Chanyeol probably always is." While Jongin was smirking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter