Well Hello!

Merely a Coincidence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's not that Kim Jongdae enjoyed bumping into the obnoxiously tall Park Chanyeol. It just, happened. Unwarrented? Yes. Annoying? Most definitely. Suspicious? Oh hell to the yes. Regardless, Kim Jongdae ignored the fact that he preferred going through his day without bumping into the extremely nerdy—very cute—and hilariously clumsy giant, and tried his hardest to find a means to avoid the invasive conversations that followed said meetings.


Obviously, Jongdae was not one to get things that he wanted. Park Chanyeol was a force to be reckoned whenever he started stumbling down the halls and a face-splitting smile broke out on his face when he saw the very small framed Kim Jongdae. Of course, Jongdae had high hopes for the fact that this being their last year in highschool, he would not have to deal with the daily excursions of avoiding Park Chanyeol. 

There was one thing, that even though Jongdae would rather be caught dead before he would admit, it was Chanyeol's nickname for him that had sprung from his lips on a daily basis after a horrible day last year.

 

Kitten.

 

It wasn't really an uncommon thing that his friends always said that he looked especially feline when he was running on minimal sleep, and Jongdae was used to it. It was just something about the way it rolled off Chanyeol's tongue, the way his voice rose an octave at the final syllable and just carressed Jongdae's ears that it brought shivers down his spine. One of his friends, Baekhyun, had pointed how stiff his shoulders had become when Chanyeol had simply greeted him one morning with, 'Morning Kitten', and had simply froze under his friend's arm.

No, Jongdae was not interested in Chanyeol like that. It was simply impossible, not with those borderline creepy smiles and annoyingly deep voice that didn't even match his oddly charming boyish features and the way his eyes were always so—oh. Maybe he did. Baekhyun smiled knowingly when he saw everything click in his friend's eyes. It was perfect, well, Chanyeol actually realizing that he teased Jongdae by calling him kitten and joking about his height occasionally—which more often than not had him being kicked in the shins by a rather childishly annoyed Kim Jongdae. He wasn't that short.

 

 

"Well?" Jongdae lifted his tired head from his desk in the back of their English classroom to look to his friend. Confusion passed over his features before he noticed the expecting look on Baekhyun's face.

"Well what? Don't get all cryptic on me or I will personally tell Kyungsoo about that skirt you wanted him to put on you for his birthday." Baekhyun gasped and shoved Jongdae in the shoulder.

"You and I both know you wouldn't do that! Especially when I still have a picture of you asleep with those cat ears on! Oh you looked so adorable! Anyways I wanted to know if you ever plan on asking Chanyeol out. I mean, he's been passive aggresively flirting with you like a seven year old and you still think he's just going out of his way to annoy you!" Baekhyun looks mildly annoyed but also coos when he opens his phone and shows Jongdae his lock screen wallpaper.

It really is a picture of him in cat ears sleeping. Baekhyun also took the time to photoshop in a very obvious blush to his cheeks and hearts surrounding his face. Jongdae gasps with pure horror in his eyes.

"When did you even take that! Why is that even your wallpaper?" Worried for his friends sanity and the fact that he already has a very possessive boyfriend, there are two reasons to be concerned about such a photo. Firstly, Kyungsoo might just murder him—that guy has sent some deadly glares whenever Baekhyun, his overly friendly boyfriend, gets a little too close with some people—and that Baekhyun has an excruciatingly embarassing photo of him on his phone.

"Oh I have my ways. Besides, Kyungsoo thinks it's adorable, and my homescreen is a little bit too y for public display. You're just too adorable not to be on my phone!" Baekhyun chuckles and starts waving his phone around as they exit the classroom. Jongdae whines and resorts to begging Baekhyung to put his phone away when Kyungsoo walks up to them with a very gentle—more like not murderous but that's about as gentle as Do Kyungsoo gets—smile.

"Hey Baek, Jongdae?" Kyungsoo looks at him questioningly as Jongdae is currently tugging on Baekhyun's sleeve and pouting like a four year old. Jongdae wails and punches Baekhyun in the shoulder lightly.

"Oh ignore him, he's just in denial with the fact that he's adorable and everyone knows it." Kyungsoo hums in agreement and Baekhyun raises an eyebrow at the confirmation. 

"I'm more into y than adorable." Baekhyun grins widely as he looks over to Jongdae teasingly who gets very red and turns to the nearest set of lockers to bang his head against because he did not need to hear that.

"Anyways I just think Jongdae should ask that giant out or something since he finally figured out he finds him extremely attractive and somewhat endearing? What was it that you said Dae, really nice eyes?" Jongdae looks even more embarassed while Kyungsoo looks rather amused at his suffering—the sadist that he is—just when a voice turns Jongdae's look of small embarassment to mortification in seconds.

"Who's got nice eyes? Does Kitten have a crush?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter