The Game

Lose The Game (Oneshot)

“So...the only way to win the game, is to forget you even played the game?” I questioned.

“Yep.” my best friend nodded eagerly. I just stared at her like she had grown another head. “What?!”

“You can’t be serious?!”

“Well, I can, and I AM!”

“Aly, you do realise that this is just a mind game?”

“Yeah, but its fun. And you HAVE to play”

“…Fine.” I muttered dejectedly

“Yay!” My so called, best friend jumped up and down on the bottom floor of the ‘Street House Mall’.

“Stop jumping like a complete idiot,” She instantly stopped and glared at me…if you count narrowing your eyes so much they looked like they were shut glaring, than, hell yeah, it was one hell of a scary glare… “Aly, you’re going to hurt yourself” I patted her back and kept walking.

“Hey you , you just left me there, making me look like an idiot.” she said running to catch up with me. I’m a fast walker.

“Hey, you don’t need me for you to look like an idiot” I muttered, making sure she could hear it.

“You , Jen. You know that.”

“I’ve heard it here and there.”

“Why don’t you ever take offense to what I say and I always do when you insult me?” She wined to no-one in particular.

“Because, you’re just hormonal.” I said non-chantingly looking around for a shop to buy a certain witch, a present.

“You . And you just made me lose the game!”

I ignored the remark about the game. “You really need to think of better insults. What happened to the book of insults Anna gave you last Christmas?”

“…I don’t know.” She said shyly

“Oh God, you lost it again. Come on” I grabbed her arm and pulled her into Myer “Look for the insults book, while I go look for a present for Cruella De Vil”

“But-”

“Stop arguing, you need to learn insults, and as sad as it may seem, the book “101 insults; sure to insult anyone”, has better insults than you any day” I saw the frown she gave me “Your going to get frown lines” I teased “and anyways, I can find something for her. It’s not that hard”

“Fine, but before you buy anything make sure you show me!” She was the shopper in our friendship, that was the reason I, Jung Jenny, dragged my best friend, Park Alice, shopping on a Saturday afternoon, when I could have been home reading ‘The Babymoon’ by Melanie La-Brooy. I mean Belle’s life, was so interesting. Her trying to get pregnant with Dr Jack, and there troubles…such a great book. But no! I got stuck finding stuff for the witch.

Cruella, was actually my step mother. My real mother had passed away in a bank-shooting when I was 7. My dad had been raising my brother and I, by himself when my mother died. He was doing fine with Yunho and I, but no he decided last year, that now I’m going through a “hormonal” state I needed a mother-figure in my life. So he married Carrie, the freakin’ witch of the west, about 2 months ago. She hates Yunnie (Yunho) and I so much, she even suggested to send us of into boarding school, saying it was what we needed. Pft, yeah right, that witch just wanted us out of the way. 

I walked off into the handbag section of the shop. ‘What do I buy that bitc-witch?’  I walked though all the aisles of different handbags, searching for something she might like. She liked yellow and fairly large bags that could fit a reasonable amount.

“Urgh, this is useless.” I groaned out “Stupid handbags.”

I walked around finding something else to get her, with my hands in my pockets. I rolled my head back, to release the tension in my neck. ‘Maybe, a book…nah, she doesn’t read…what bout a gift card? ...she might kill me for not putting any “effort” into her present…’ “God,” I muttered “What the hell, can I get her?”

I walked passed aisles of clothing, jewellery, technology, shoes…wait, SHOES! We have the same foot size! I may be weird but my step-mother and I have the same foot size, even though she’s like a half-a-head shorter than me. She blames it on not eating the right foods when she was younger…pft, yeah right, it’s more like she didn’t eat anything at all! I’ve seen pictures of my step-mum, she was okay looking…I guess.

I flipped open my phone, 4:30pm. ‘I’ve got to get home soon’ I almost sprinted across the shop to the shoes section to see what I should buy her.

‘I wonder what Aly would have gotten’then after that thought came ‘The Game!’

“Damn, I lost the game!” I wined “Stupid Aly, telling me about the game”

‘Why do I even listen to that girl?’

I hung my head low, as I stared at the floor and walked…into something hard.

“” I rubbed my head and looked up to see the cutest/hottest guy I had ever seen…not that I had seen many. ‘He’s soo hot, that blond short hair, those pink lips, that-’

“Watch it, loser!” My thoughts were cut short. ‘Oh, I take it all back! He. Is. A. Bastard.’

“Who you calling loser, bastard?” ‘Woah, where’d that come from…GO ME!’ He looked shocked, maybe because he had never been talked to like that before ‘GO ME…AGAIN!’

“Tch, whatever.” he muttered and walked passed me.

“” I muttered, once he had left. “Oh well,” I sighed “now on to more depressing matters…damn” I sat down on one of those benches were you try on shoes and thought about what shoes would look decent on her.

“Damn it, I lost the game again!” I cried out, after many moments of me glaring at the floor. I quickly covered my mouth, when I realised that I had said it out aloud. I darted my brown eyes, at the aisles of shoes. When I saw no-one, I let out a sigh of relief. A deep, (y) chuckle rang though my eardrums.

“Eeep” I let out a really high sound, which I never knew I could make myself make, and consequently covered my mouth. ‘Damn Aly. You and your stupid-ness, is rubbing off on me…I should stop spending 90% of my time with you’

A familiar beat played around me…

Turn it up
Just turn it up
That's right, c'mon”

I started to sing along and dance randomly around the small section of the shop I was in…

“Sowoneul malhaebwa
Ni mamsokae itneun jageun ggoomeul malhaebwa
Ni meolieh itneun isanghyungeul geulyuhbwa
Geuligo naleul bwa
Nan nuh eh genie ya, ggoomiya, genie ya

Deulimkaleul tago dallyuhbwa
Nun nae yupjaliae anja
Geujuh iggeullim sokeh modoo dunjyuh
Gaseum bukcha teojyeo buhlyuhdo
Balam gyulae nallyeo buhlyuhdo
Jigeum isoon gan sesangeun nuh eh gut”

“Oh , my phone” I said, a pulled out of my back pocket a slim white, LG U310. I flipped it open “Hello” I was met by the dial tone… “”

‘How could I forget that song was my ringtone?!’ I went to calls to find out it was Cruella, herself, calling me. ‘Better get back to her…before she eats me or something’

“Cruella, cruella, cruella” I mumbled to myself as I looked for her number in my phone ‘Ah, Cruella De Vil, found it’ I pressed call.

“Bring, bring, brin- Hello?” I heard her British voice, making me unconsciously shiver.

“Um, it’s Jenny, and I-”

“Jenny?” she questioned, if she was in front of me I would have hit her “Oh, George’s daughter” she muttered, when she remember, who she had call only seconds before.

“Yes Carrie, it is George’s daughter” I emphasised my father’s name so it could sink in “You called?”

“Oh yes Jasmine, I wanted to see if you would pick up my pre-ordered clothes from Myer” I fumed, she sounded like she was looking at her nails and thinking about the manicure she probably had. ‘Jasmine?! Can’t she get my name right?! Pick-up her clothes?! What am I? Her freakin’ slave’ I was so close to saying ‘Yes, I would mind you of the west, who brain-washed my father into marrying you’

But I sufficed with “It’s okay, I’ll get it now” Knowing that if I said anything else, my dad would be pissed off with me.

“Bye Joanna” I shut the phone, not even saying goodbye. ‘My name is JENNY! You idiot!’

Turn it up
Just turn it up
That's right, c'mon

Started to play and I picked it up straight away “What?!” I yelled into the phone.

“Breathe, sheesh, it’s me Aly. I found it! You find a handbag for her yet?”

“Oh, don’t mention that witch to me…and I’m in the shoe section now. Come here”

“Yeah, kay. But explain when I get there!”

“Yeah, yeah. Bye”

“Bye”

I closed the phone and looked around for some boots, that I could probably wear if she didn’t like them…not that she had ever liked anything I have given her. Like a wedding present. I gave her a special locket that I have always had with me. And what does she do, she throws it at me and say I’m giving her junk. I wasn’t junk, it was a nice simple bear pendant, that my dad have gotten me when I was 8. I had never taken it off afterwards, it always reminded me of why I hated this woman so much.

I picked a pair of black boots, from the shelves.

“Jenny!” I turned around to see Alice, gleaming. She lifted up her arm to show the book firmly gripped in her hand.

“Wait a sec. I’ll just see if they fit…” My voice trailed off as I saw a familiar pair of eyes in between the shelfs. I blinked just for a moment and then the piercing brown eyes were gone.  

“Jen-ny!” Aly waved her hand in front of my face.

“Right” I plonked my on the ground, and started to put on the boots.

“They’re y!” Aly exclaimed placing her hands over . I looked at the boots in the mirror. The boots were a few inches under my knees. My skinny jeans I was wearing were tucked into the boots, making it look sassy and cute at the same time. “You should get them”

“Yeah, yeah” I waved her off sitting on the floor again, sliding off the boots.

Alice picked up one of the boots “These are half price. Just get them, if Cruella doesn’t like them, keep them for yourself.”

“Okay. It’s 30 bucks right?” She just nodded and helped me up. “The boots are cute…but the heels are kinda high…” I said staring down at my comfortable converses.

“You have got to be kidding me” She said in disbelief. “There only like an inch above the ground”

“Whatever. I HATE HEELS! There just so troublesome. I don’t get how females can be bothered to get dressed up for a guy, putting their OWN feet under heaps of pressure. Then the next day, having their feet wrapped up in band-aids and crap-”

Aly cut me off “You are seriously a feminist”

“And proud of it”

“Whatever. Is that all you need to get?” She lifted up the box holding the boots.

“Yes-no. The devil’s reincarnation called me a while ago and said she needed something picked up in this store”

“That’s kinda harsh” Aly said, thinking over what I had called my step-mother.

“I guess you’re right…” I said thoughtfully. She just looked at me, with a puzzled look on her face “That would me harsh on the devil to being compared to her” Aly and I just laughed, as we made our way towards the lay-by area.

“Hello. How may I help you?” I looked at the guy at the counter. I had the urge to say ‘Oh, you can help me with anything you like’…He had this really cute face, and short-ish blond/brown hair with a side fringe that kept sliding into his eyes. Thus he constantly kept doing the y hair flick. I glanced over to see Alice, slightly dazed by how he looked. His name was printed on his shirt ‘Changmin’.

“Um, Changmin, my friend needs help.” I ushered Alice to the counter.

“Um, hi…” she said awkwardly. “I, um” I lightly elbowed her in the stomach. “I need to pick up some things.” she quickly blurted out. He chuckled lightly. I could see Alice slowly fading back into her daze faze.

I cleared my throat. “Aly, I’ll be over there. Make sure you pick everything up.” Eyeing Changmin, behind the counter, and then walked off into the shelfs. I watched slyly, as Aly stumbled over her words and as she slightly blushed, as he tilted his head back to laugh. He walked out the back, and Aly frantically searched the stands and shelfs to find me. I stood up behind the shelf, and lifted a hand up so see could see where I was.

She stopped my hand and immediately started to mouth something ‘OH MY GOD! HE’S HOT! MAKING FOOL OF MYSELF. HELP!’

I didn’t want to walk back out so I pulled out my phone to text her my answer.

‘Nope. Hehe. Ur so cute; talking to him. Play it cool. BREATHE!’ I read over my text quickly and sent it.

She must have received it as she put down the shoe box and took out her phone. She quickly read over it. And quickly sent a text back saying ‘U  !’

I would have sent a text back, but Changmin had walked back to the counter. He handed her 2 bags, of Cruella’s shopping and a piece of paper.

“Yes!” I exclaimed happily, and started to a do a happy dance. ‘It worked!’ My thoughts were cut short as a heard another chuckle, which was so familiar. “Holy ,” I fell over “I’m going crazy.” I muttered to myself.

“Jenny!” I heard an excited whisper.

“Aly! How’d it go?” She dropped the shoe box and the bags of clothes.

“It was so good. We exchanged numbers. He’s so hot.” We hugged.

“We’ll at least Cruella’s shopping did some good today!”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had finally finished shopping. “I really don’t want to catch the train home…let’s call Yunnie!” We both laughed in agreement. Yunnie was my older brother, by a year. He always looked after me when dad couldn’t.

I pulled out my phone and called him “Yunnie, can you pick us up…Yeah, we’re in Street House Mall…okay, 10 minutes.”

“You know that it really does that Yunho’s got his P’s and we haven’t even been bothered to get our L’s” Aly pointed out.

“Yeah, yeah. We’re both just lazy…I’m hungry.”

“God Jenny, we just ate before we came. And I lost the game”

“So what?! I want hot chips. And you .” I held Cruella’s bags in one of my hands and Aly held the boots in her hand.  

Once the hot chips were brought and devoured, in the time span of 2 minutes. We both instantly said “I’m bored.”

“Let’s play another game…I lost the game. But basically, I pick out a person who have to kiss ,and then if you do it, I’ll do something, and if you don’t, you’ll do something”

“Why is this game revolved around me doing something?”

“We can switch later.”

“…Fine, but no guys that I’ll see again or disgusting, old guys.”

“Aww, you took the fun out.”

“Eww.”

“Kidding, I pick that guy” I looked in the direction of a guy that looked familiar. ‘It’s the guy from the shop, but he’s wearing different clothes and he’s a brunette and he’s with a bunch of friends…but I’ll never see him again…so what the heck’

“Fine, I’ll do it” Aly gleamed “If!” her face dropped “You ask out Changmin from Myer”

“but, but…oh, fine. But you better make out with him.”

“Fine…let’s just get it over and done with” I walked towards the guys. ‘Holy ! What am I doing?... Maybe I should turn away, and pretend like I wasn’t going to do anything-’ “Hi” ‘! Why the hell did that come out of my mouth. Shut Up Jenny!’

“Um, hi” It was silent and the 3 guys had stopped chatting. The guy who I was supposed to kiss (make-out with) was giving me a weird look.

“Um, yeah, I'm really sorry about this…” I don’t know why I did it, but I did. I grabbed the guy’s arm and pulled him in quickly and placed my lips on his. ‘Oh God, now what?!’ His eyes widened for a moment, when returned to normal size. I really didn’t have a clue about how to kiss this guy…basically, I just had my lips on his and one of hands on his arm. He must have sensed something about me not understanding how to kiss, so he moved his arm out of my hand, and lifted up my arms to wrap around his neck. Then when he was satisfied at the placement of my arms, he loosely hung his arm my waist but not before he pushed me towards him. That small contact around my waist caused me to gasp, and gave him a chance to slip his tongue into my mouth.

‘Wah! What’s happening?’ Now, his tongue was coaxing mine to move. ‘…wait a second, this is my first kiss…and I’M KISSING A COMPLETE STRANGER!’  I jerked back, pulling away from his grasp. “I-I’m s-s-sorry” I stuttered out and quickly, and without even looking at the smirking stranger or his grinning friends. I bolted out of the shopping centre and onto the sidewalk of the main road. “Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God.” I muttered to myself over and over again, leaning against one of the walls of the building.

“Jenny! Jenny, where are you?!” I heard Alice shout.

“Here.”

“Oh My God! That was completely and totally-”

I cut her off, “Embarrassing? Humiliating? Not Me? Weird?” I offered words that could fit what she was trying to say.

“No…I was going to say hot, but then yes, it was kind of embarrassing to you” Alice said, in her mocked thoughtful-ness.

“! You better ask Changmin out.”

She gleamed “I didn’t have to, when you left, I got a text for him saying that he wanted me to meet him on Saturday.”

“…That. Was. So. Unfair.” I wined, facing the sky.

“Oh shush, I think I see your brother”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ride home was a bore. Talking to Yunnie, about ‘The Game’ was a bore. The threatening Alice to come to tomorrow was a bore (…actually more like asking a lion not to eat meat…meaning that many bribes were made...but Aly still said she could get out of not visiting her grandmother. Thus meaning the party will be a bore) Confronting Cruella, was a bore. Bring her bags into her room was a bore (…except for the maze I had to go though to find her closest…). Basically, everything after the kiss-I mean, after the shopping was a bore.

“Jenny?” I heard though the door, it sounded like Yunnie. I was lying on my stomach, just thinking about random things.

“Yeah, come in” Yunnie walked through the door and closed it. “Hey, what did you want?”

“Well, I lost the game” which I swore at “and I wanted to say that Carrie told me that she wanted you to look ‘presentable’ to the guests tomorrow.”

I sighed and dropped my head on my bed. “Which, I guess means no jeans or converses.”

“Yeah…”

“What she making you wear?”

“I can wear anything as long as it isn’t old or ripped”

“Well that. You can wear jeans and whatnot, while I get stuck in a dress and high heels.” He just chuckled

“…I don’t think, I’ve ever seen you in a dress or high heels before.” I looked at his face, to see that he was planning something

“Oh, you better not be thinking of…”

“I’m so taking pictures. Perfect Blackmail.” He grinned

I left out a groan of annoyance “I hate you”

“I love you too, sis” with that he left my room, giving me time to think…

“Wait, Yunnie!” I hopped off my bed and ran towards Yunho’s room “I don’t own a dress or high heels!”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I can’t believe I’m walking into this shop,”

Yunho had dragged me out of the house and bought me back to the mall to find a dress and some heels. When we arrived I had no clue what I was looking for.

“This is cute, Jenny” The first shop he had dragged me into was ‘Suprè’ a shop for teenage girls.

“I think your gay, Yunnie. And no way in hell, would I wear something like that” I picked up the dress he showed me. “There are three main things wrong with this dress. One, it’s pink. Two, it would barely pass my . And three, it’s a halter neck. Wait, I have another reason. Four, it’s a DRESS!”

“Okay, one I agree with, pink is not you…but no black! Two, yes it’s really short. Three, halter necks are okay and it makes it easier for a guy to leave hickies-” I whacked him across the head ‘Too much info’ “Ouch, and four if you haven’t noticed WE’RE LOOKING FOR A DRESS.”

I went all through the racks of clothing looking for a dress. “ this.” I muttered completely annoyed

“Yunnie, there must be another shop, that s & hookers would be less likely to get there clothes from”

“Fine, let’s go upstairs. Let’s look for something in ‘Glassons’” he grabbed my hand and walked me to the escalator.

“Oh ” I muttered when a familiar brunette haired boy was walking out of a shop, with the same friends from before. I flipped up the hood of my hoodie and looked the opposite direction. ‘Why didn’t I get changed into something different?!’ I yelled at myself. I was wearing exactly the same clothes from when I kissed him.

“Uh, Jenny?” Yunnie looked at me weirdly. I liked hoodies, but I never put the hood up. “You okay?”

“Yeah, just felt like something new” I said quietly, not looking at the floor below us. “So which way is ‘Glassons’…” I looked ahead, and it was the same guy I saw in Myer. He looked like the guy from downstairs, but his clothes were different from what I saw downstairs and he didn’t have any friends with him. ‘Oh my God! I’m going insane. Dress shopping is making me insane.’

“Jenny?”

“Huh?”

“Are you okay? You just spaced out.”

“I’m fine…let’s just go look for the dress.” I walked into ‘Glassons’ with Yunho. “Wait a sec. She never specified what she would want me to wear…”

“What are you suggesting? ...I really don’t like that glint in your eyes.”

“Wait here.” I dashed into the shop to look for something that would make me ‘presentable’ I pulled out black tights that reach my ankle, one grey and white horizontally striped shirt that had a low dip but extended to my mid-thigh, and from the counter I saw the cutest black, magnetic bracelet (metal bracelet that is actually one long thing, and wraps around your wrists, joining with the magnets). Just before I stepped into the change rooms I had saw a pair of white pumps, which were only an inch and a half off the ground.

“Yunho, come here.” I heard the bundle of clothes in my arms. “Stay right outside this cubicle.”

I got changed, and stepped back out into the foyer area. “Yunnie, how do I look?” I had pulled out my hair as well, just for effect.

“Sis, you have changed. You have s?” I whacked him in the arm “Ouch, I never noticed”

“Oh, shut up.”

A sales assistant had walked towards me “Honey, that looks cute on you, but…” she went into the storage room and came back out with a large grey belt. “Wrap thing under your s, it’ll look amazing.”

“T-thank you” I took the belt gratefully and placed it under my s. “How do I look, Yunnie?”

“Wonderful…now, you should get it before you-know-who kills us for being late” He glanced down at his phone

“So you’re not dating?” the sales assistant, who’s name is Bada (on her tag), asked

“Oh no, he’s my brother,” I made a face, and walked into the change rooms to get changed. But I overheard Yunho talking to her

“Jenny’s my sister. I came with her, because we have family party and our step mother doesn’t want Jenny to wear her usual jeans and converses. This is her first ‘girly’ thing.”

“I resent that!” I yelled from the room.

“Resent it all you like. It’s true.”

“Oh poor girl,” Bada giggled “If that’s the case, I’ll give you the belt for free.”

“Oh no,” I walked out of the room “we couldn’t ask you to do that.”

“You don’t need to. I own this store. And the belt was a sample of the new stock coming in next month.” Bada reasoned

I opened my mouth to respond but Yunnie cut me off “I’m sorry, but we have to go. Carrie’s going to flip when we get home”

“That’ll be $76.50”

“Thanks Bada” I took out the money and gave it to her. “Bye”

As we walked out of the shop, Yunho had directed our walking towards the car park.

“Yunho,” I said in a sickening sweet voice.

“He looked at me suspiciously “Yes?” I only called him by his full name under 3 conditions.

1. I was angry at him

2. I wanted something from him

3. When Cruella makes me call him ‘Yunho’

And since he hadn’t done anything wrong, by me, and I don’t think Cruella had suddenly left the ‘palace’, he had figured out that I must have wanted something…I must have wanted…

“FOOD!” Yunho had grabbed my arm and had led me down to the food court. “Yay!” I jumped onto Yunho’s back, and pecked him on the cheek.

“Food, food, food” I chanted as I waited ‘patiently’ for my French fries, at the corner table. “FOOD!” I yelled out when I saw Yunnie holding a tray of hot chips. The food court went silent. “Whoops” I giggled sheepishly “Um…sorry?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yunnie and I had a few laughs and ‘fights’ about eating the last chip…WHICH I WON! Many people looked at us and said that we were a good couple…EWW! THIS IS MY BROTHER! I felt like screaming…but didn’t.

I swiftly moved to my room, trying to avoid another confrontation with Cruella. “Ja!...Jo!...Jessica! Can you come here for a minute!” I heard HER try and remember my name. Every time she wanted to see me, it was always something that wasn’t related to MY NAME!

“It’s Jenny, Cru-Carrie!” I hit myself on the forehead. ‘Damn, that was close’

“Now, Jessica I wanted to know what you were wearing tomorrow” ‘That’s what she wants to know?! What I’m wearing tomorrow?! WHAT THE ?!’

“Carrie, today I went shopping. You don’t have to worry about me embarrassing you at the party.”

She gave me a fake smile “Good” and with that she walked off. ‘I swear if dad wasn’t completely in love with her, I would have kicked her sorry .’ At least she’s being ‘her true self’ since dad isn’t here… My dad worked as a navy officer and was currently in Iraq, serving in the war. He was the commanding officers at one of the bases.

“Retarded ” I muttered as I walked back up the stairs into my room. I started thinking about everything that had happened today…

“! I lost the game!”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the morning she wasn’t much better. She had hired a company to do everything. They had arrived 3 hours before the time to party was going to start…THEY ARRIVED AT 6 ING AM IN THE MORNING! …Sorry, just venting. So since 6 am, I could hear yells and bangs down stairs.

I groaned and rolled around my bed. I pulled my pillow from under my head and placed it over my head. ‘I. WANT. TO. KILL. HER.’

I moved to my bedside table and my IPod, and plugged it in my ears. Take back the city played and I turned it up until all I could hear was the music. I would rather listen to loud music, than a loud .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POKE

POKE

‘Just ignore it and it will go away’

…POKE

‘Breathe Jenny, breathe.’

………POKE

“What?!” I yelled and jerked forward, causing me to hit the poking-person in the face.

“Ow” I heard him say.

“, Yunnie” I lunged myself at him causing him to fall down on the bed. “I’m so sorry”

“, Jenny” He pushed me off and sat back up “Your head is really hard.”

“What are you doing in here?” I questioned, remembering he was in my room. “The door was locked.”

“I have your second key,” He pointed to the key on the table.

“Oh, I thought I lost that…”

“Carrie sent me to get you. Do you have any idea of what the time is?”

“What?” I turned my head to see my alarm clock.

10:00 am

“! The party started at 9” I jumped out of bed and rushed to the shopping bags, which I didn’t get to open yesterday, and to my draws. “Tell Cruella I’ll be down in a minute” I said to Yunnie, turning my head back to face him as I was about to leave. “…and you might wanna get some ice for the…” I pointed to my nose area. He just nodded, and I raced out the door.

Minutes later, after a quick makeover, I rushed down the stairs with Cruella’s present. I placed it in the corner room where all the other presents were placed. I was about to walk into the backyard where the guest were went I pasted a mirror. I looked in at my neatly set hair, completely straight. My face which had a light foundation and some lip gloss. I stared down at my shoes, they were pretty but they were really hard to walk in.

‘Oh come Jenny,’ I attempted giving myself a pep-talk. ‘It’s only til 5 pm…Holy I must be kidding this is not what I look like! I can’t do this!...Oh snap out of it! You look hot!’

My thoughts kept changing. I decided that it may be best to walk out to the back, find Cruella, greet a few guest, then run back upstairs (high-heel less, of course), grab some food, get changed and stay in my room for the next 7 hours.

So that I couldn’t change my mind I quickly moved to the back yard to find Cruella, then Yunnie so he could give me some advice. I stood on the patio, and looked around for any sign of her. ‘THERE!’ I saw part of FIVE HUNDRED DOLLAR haircut.

I quickly walked towards Cruella, noticing that see was wearing something I would never be caught dead in. The ‘dress’ (which looked like a towel was wrapped around her) was a shiny aqua blue, it was a halter neck, and it had MANY sequins around the end of the, so called, dress. 

I tapped her on the shoulder, causing her to turn around. “Hi!” she said in a voice I’ve only heard her use when she was talking to my dad, or other ‘important’ people. “You look gorgeous,”

“Um, hi Carrie” She must have recognised my voice, because her act dropped immediately. She pushed me inside the house.

“Oh Joanna, you look…nice” ‘Didn’t she just say 2 seconds ago I looked gorgeous

“It’s Jenny.” I glared at her

“Yes…why don’t you go inside and…get changing you must be awfully uncomfortable in those clothes” ‘WHAT?! I MUST BE AWFULLY UNCOMFORTABLE…well, I am but that’s not the point. SHE TELLING ME TO GET CHANGED! ...jealous fugly ’

“It’s okay, Carrie, I’ll stay like this. I don’t want to embarrass you in front of all these people” I decided to piss her off

“Listen here Missy,” her voice dropped “you will not show me up at MY OWN PARTY…do I make myself clear?”

“Crystal.” and with that I walked off to find Yunho.

I walked back out on to the patio and I saw Yunho talking to 2 guys which were facing the other way. “Yunnie!”

“Hey sis. This brunette is Kim Junsu and the blond haired is Kim Jaejoong. Guys, this is my sister, Jenny” The 2 guys slowly turned around to face me.

‘OH. MY. GOD!’  It was the 2 same people I met at the mall. “Ahh!” I turned around and sprinted into the house. ‘Oh my God! Holy ! They’re there. They are really here. Ah God, why did I have to meet them?! Tell me!!!’

“Sis! Where are you?” I sub-consciously heard, as I was too busy talking to my self

I started to pace the hallway, while I stared at the floor “Crap! Oh crap! Why did I meet Jaejoong in the store? …And why is he so stoic? Never mind, why did I let Aly convince me into kissing Junsu? I want to die! I want to have none of this happen. I want to have not run into them in the mall. I want to have my kissing ity back-”

“Your kissing ity?” I slightly amused voice asked.

“Ahh!” I jumped up. I turned to see Yunho standing there, with the twins (I believe), who were smirking at me! The nerve of those guys, I’m having a pre-mid-life crisis and they are SMIRKING AT ME!

I really didn’t want to look at the twins, so I tried to see if Yunho was showing any other emotion than shock, from my confession. He wasn’t. My gaze was directed at the floor. I don’t know how to explain this. I really don’t want to explain this.

I focused my mind on something else…

“Damn it, I lost the game!”