The Morning After

Unconscious

Kyungsoo opened one eye abruptly, then another. Feeling strangely uncomfortable, he sat up and looked around. White bed sheets, dark blue walls, clean and proper work desk...everything seemed to be in order. So what was this odd feeling in his chest.

"D.O? Are you awake yet?" Kyungsoo asked. He didn't look around because obviously, he couldn't see him if he tried. In a conscience's vision, Kai was sleeping soundly before jumping up cartoonishly at the new voice.

"Jesus Jongin, it's like 5 am, and since when did your voice become so-" Kai stopped speaking when he realized that he was in a complete stranger's house.

Kyungsoo stiffened, not recognizing D.O's voice that usually spoke calmly in his ear. "W-who are you?" he asked nervously, mind spinning with endless questions.

"I would ask you the same thing. Where am I? Where's Jongin?...wait, you can hear me?" Kai then continued to ask a dozen of questions, frankly annoying Kyungsoo a little.

"Please just..stop. Just expain who you are." Kyungsoo asked patiently. Kai floated onto the headboard to try and calm down.

"I'm Kai, conscience of Kim Jongin aka the coolest client ever!" he says cheerfully. "Who are you?"

"My name is Do Kyungsoo. My conscience is D.O, who has seemed to have dissappeared." he sighs, feeling a little lonely without his quote en quote best friend.

"Do Kyungsoo...sounds familiar but I think I haven't seen you around before." Kai thinks out loud as Kyungsoo suddenly realizes it's 6 and he's going to be late at this rate. Kyungsoo slips on whatever button down and sweater he grabbed first and walked down the stairs while putting on his trousers. Kai followed closely, wondering how his life was different to Kai's.

D.O hurriedly put on his apron and starting making lunch. From scratch. Now that's new. Kai watches closely on top of a cookbook as Kyungsoo fries and boils and does all kinds of things Kai hasn't been exposed to.

"oooh, just when I thought you were boring" he comments as Kyungsoo closes up his lunch box. The latter rolls his eyes. "Gee, thanks." Kyungsoo mutters as he packs his lunch up. After brushing his teeth, he speaks again "So  if you're here, where's D.O?"

_

After screaming for a good 5 minutes and making Jongin whine like a puppy, D.O settles down, trying to assess the situation. Jongin does the same, a little freaked out that Kai is no where to be found.

"So what you're saying is, that you're a conscience to Do Kyungsoo and that you were switched out with my conscience Kai for whatever reason?" he tries summarizes, rubbing his head in pain.

"It seems so. At least that's what my iCricket is telling me." D.O says looking at his multiple apps on a small touch-screen pad with a silhouette of a cricket on the back. The son of Jiminy Cricket (the OG conscience) made the iCricket to help consciences with organizing their client's behaviour among other things (as well as playing Mystic Messenger *cough*).

"Uh huh, yeah, that makes sense." Kai says sarcastically. "We can talk about ths later, I wanna sleep." he lied back down and quite immediately started snoring softly. D.O looked at the clock worriedly; it was almost time for school. Hopping onto Jongin's back, he whispered in his ear.

"Wake up, it's time for school!" Jongin groaned at that and buried his face in a pillow. D.O pouted a little, this would never happen with Kyungsoo. "WAKE UP!" he shouted, making Jongin jump and sit up.

"Geez ok ok, calm your ." he groaned, standing up to put on a pair of ripped jeans. D.O gasped, "Language!" but Jongin paid no mind and casually slung his backpack over his shoulder. D.O sat himself on his shoulder, feeling both comfortable and uncomfortable at the same time. Comfortable because for once he had a larger space to squirm in and uncomfortable because this was obviously not Kyungsoo's shoulder.

Jongin took in a deep breath, suddenly feeling very nervous with this new conscience. D.O patted his back. "Ready?"

 

A/N: Ahh that was actually a lot of fun writing, I kinda felt a little sad at the iCricket part because my iPad broke recently and I can't contact my friends from overseas anymore :'(. Anyways I hoped you enjoyed this chapter!