Switched

Unconscious

Just so so you know, Kaisoo's consciences look like this:

Jongin's the left and Kyungsoo's on the right. Their names are their stage names btw.

_

 

 

"...therefore X=6.45309." Kyungsoo said proudly, handing the chalk back to a dumbfounded teacher and returning to his desk. Alternatively, Kim Jongin was practically sleeping on top of his leather backpack, yawning and groaning out of boredom from time to time.

But, out of the sight of the eye, sat two consciences chatting on the window sill.

"I'm so booooored." Yehet groaned, playing with his little hat. Kai shared the same expression.

"Man, if I could just teleport Jongin out of here to save him. 5 minutes, Yehet, and we reach the freedom of lunch." Kai tries to occupy himself by hopping over to his client, who was clicking his pen in and out. Kai decides to sleep in the remaining time left, even if he doesn't really need it. 

On the other side of the room was D.O, helping Kyungsoo with his notes. While Kyungsoo was writing away, D.O picked up a piece of broken led and corrected any errors. Unfortunately class ended and he could see Suga, Yoongi's conscience, wake up and fall off the bell because of the sound. Still, D.O hopped onto Kyungsoo's shoulder and said a few practice questions to help his client review.

The little conscience's mood was a little shattered to see the library closed, for whatever reason. Because of this, D.O was sad too, but trudged into the cafeteria. It was already too noisy, consciences and humans alike chattering away, it was hurting Kyungsoo's ears. Taking a seat towards to back of the room, he pulled out a sandwich, taking off a piece for D.O too. 

Humans are well aware of consciences, but they don't make an effort to try and see them. The world has enough to deal with already, so unfortunately an unknown invisible species will have to wait.

While Kyungsoo pulled out a book to read, D.O took his sandwich and hopped up near the ceiling lights to a hidden conscience lounge, away from their clients. In this little lounge, a conscience by the name of Jin was giving out food for everyone to eat. There were little tables and sofas that served as seating, a small bakery at the back. Instead of currency, they paid by homework answers, secrets, and small items. There was the odd won, but it rarely happens.

D.O wiped the bangs out of his eyes and sat at a secreted corner in the bakery, since it was usually quieter. His eyes lit up as he saw penguin cookies, taking one to eat, paying by math answers.

"Dyo!" A eyelinered consience called, dramatically entering the shop. He pulled a Cheshire smile as he sat down next to the cute conscience.

"Hey, Baekkie." D.O gave a small smile. Baekkie was probably his only friend here, and a good one at that. Baekkie's conscience, Baekhyun, unfortunately was in a different year, and his locker on the other side of the school of Kyungsoo's. So it's safe to say they can't ever really meet.

"Reading again? I thought you finished all you books." Baekkie questioned and took a penguin cookie. D.O's eyes lit up, hearing the word "books."

"Ooh, I actually got a new one just yesterday! The librarian told me that I already read all the books there, but nope, I found this one hiding from me! It's pretty good actually, it's set in World War II, with all this knowledge about fighter jets and-"

"blah blah blah de freaking blah. So boring, don't you have anything more interesting to do in your free time than have your nose in a book?" Baekkie asked. D.O thought for a moment.

"Nope." He said, motioning back to his book, before Baekkie pulled it out of his hands.

"Hey! I didn't even bookmark that yet!" D.O pouts.

"Dyo, don't just let your life, or your client's life pass you by. I'm sure Kyungsoo is just as amazing as you, but no one will see that if you and him try to seclude yourself from the world. I doubt Fate will let this much boredom happen in one life." Baekkie looked at the book once before tossing it back to his friend.

"Fate? That eyeliner must've gotten to your brain. Me and Kyungsoo are doing just fine, we don't need a change." D.O finished his sandwich and stuck a cookie into his mouth before jumping back onto his client's shoulder.

"You may not want it, but I swear on Sephora that it'll happen." Baekkie muttered, icing off his hands and plopping into Baekhyun's designer handbag down in the cafeteria.

_

7:30 AM burned into D.O's vision the next morning, before realizing that he and Kyungsoo were late. He was about to tell his client to get up, when a tan sleeping face was revealed. D.O screamed.