Chapter 3

Joy's Cold Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning.

"Joy! Wake up!" Madam Seo calls out

"Five more minutes." Joy begs

"Wake up! Or you'll be left by Young Master Sungjae." Madam Seo informed her

"What?!" Joy jumped out of her bed and ran to change.

After few minutes, Joy came out in her uniform catching her breath.

"Hmm. Slow but acceptable." Madam Seo said looking at her watch. "Eat your breakfast then go to Young Master's room and wake him up." she added

"I-I-I-I-I thought..." Joy mumbles.

"Go!" Madam Seo raised her voice.

"Eeeeek! Yes, Madam!" Joy shrieks and ran off to the kitchen.

Arriving at Sungjae's door. Joy arranged her self and knocked at the door but then it opened and she hit Sungjae at the chest.

"Uhmm. Go-go-go-good morning, sir." Joy greeted

At the dining table. Joy stood there as Sungjae eats his breakfast. Seconds pass, Joy opened .

"Ah. Sir. If you don't mind." Joy said

"I do mind. So please just keep your mouth shut." Sungjae replied without looking at Joy.

At the office. Joy was alone at Sungjae's office and she got bored. So she looked at the frames Sungjae displayed in his office. One was a picture of him graduating, another was young Sungjae with his mom and dad at a veranda. The other was Sungjae and his mother with the girl yesterday Joy saw in a car. Looking around more Joy saw plaques, diplomas, awards and books.

"I never thought you're that smart. Finishing Summa Laude in an american university, huh." Joy said. Then as she turned around she saw Sungjae looking at her.

"Ah. Uhm. Hi?" Joy nervously greeted

Sungjae just walked past her like he heard nothing and sat down in his chair and started working again. Joy returned to her post and stood there. For hours she was stading there without nothing to do, she went to the couch and looked at Sungjae who wasn't paying attention to her. So she sat down, resting her aching legs and massaging them. Few minutes later, she fell asleep. Sungjae took notice in this and looked at her.then back to his documents. Then for a few seconds, Sungjae looks at Joy once again. Seeing her sound asleep somewhat calms him. He sat next to Joy and covered her with blacket when suddenly Joy turns over which surprised Sungjae.

"Huh." Sungjae snickers.

Joy sat up and scratched her eyes then yawn and looked around as she remembered that she was at her master's office. She stood up and fixed her self and turned around to see Sungjae just got out from his bath. Shocked Joy turned around screaming.

"Wha-wha-what are you doing?" Joy shrieks and covers her eyes

"Hmm?" Sungjae hums as he was drying his hair. "Preparing. We're going to a dinner meeting." he added

"We?" Joy shrieks again

"Yeah. And stop shouting. It's annoying." Sungjae change to his clothes.

Few minutes of car ride, the two stop at a designer's boutique. Sungjae got out of the car and went inside the shop then moments later got out again and went to fetch Joy.

"Come on." Sungjae said as he opens the car door

"Huh? Me? Why?" Joy asks

"Just come will you?" Sungjae orders and grabs Joy by the hand and drags her inside

"What do we have to offer, Young Master?" one of the store attendants asks

"I want my girlfriend here to be the most beautiful at our party tonight." Sungjae requests .

"I'm... I'm n-n-n-not.." Joy tried to complain but was escorted by the clerks inside and worked on their magic

Few hours later.

"Sir. Your girlfriend is ready." the head clerk announced

Joy came out in a black gown and all glamed out. Sungjae was pleased yet he wasn't that content as he saw Joy was wearing sneakers with her gown.

"What can yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter