chapter two.

of the dreamers and believers.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THIS FANFICTION IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED. ENJOY THE CHAPTERS THAT ARE HERE, BUT IT WILL NOT BE UPDATED ANY TIME IN THE FUTURE.

"So, you're telling me," Hyunjung's confused voice drifted peacefully around the dorm room. There was just Sojung and Hyunjung, but outside the two could hear the slight chatter of someone walking by. They didn't bother paying attention to such small details as they were too caught up in the conversation regarding the current situation. "You're telling me that some girl--Jiyeon--came up to you out of nowhere and asked you to join her band. Seems kind of sketchy, if you ask me. And you did." Hyunjung cocked up one of her eyebrows, making Sojung shake her head. She was so positive everything was going to go well that she could not accept the negative comments coming from her friend. 

"No, it's not sketchy at all. I looked up their band the minute I could and it's a legitmate band. They're recently formed though, so they haven't gotten much popularity. Their original songs are really good too. If you're so concerned, though, you can come to our first rehersal." Hyunjung considered it. They hadn't known each other long, Sojung and Hyunjung, but they were too close of friends. Sojung understood why her friend was worried, she would be too if she was in the elder's positon, but she tried her hardest to calm the fears of the other. In her opinion, it was an offer she just couldn't resist. It was all of her dreams coming true. If it was that easy to get in a band, then imagine how easy it would be for them to reach the charts, to make a hit, to become famous. Hyunjung was a literature major, she would admit herself that she didn't know a thing about music, so how could Sojung expect her to understand completely?

"Fine, I'll come," the older of the two finally agreed, but though her concern was still evident, Sojung could tell that she was excited for her friend, thanks to the small upward curve on Hyunjung's lips. 

"I'm sure you're going to have lots of fun." And Sojung meant that completely. She knew she was going to have fun and she was determined to make sure that Hyunjung had fun as well. 

FOX was probably the brightest band Sojung had ever seen. When her and her roommate walked into the small bandroom in the west wing, all she saw was smiles. They were blinding, to say the least. The only person she knew at the time in the band came running up to her.

"Sojung, we're so glad you could come. We wanted to listen to you play a bit with us just to make sure we made the right decision," Jiyeon started, but leaned in after these words, whispering more into the drummer's ear. "But, I know we have. Dawon is just very strict about this band and wants to be absolutely positive." Spjung nodded, understanding completely. She'd feel the same way, but she didn't reply, only nodded. "And who is this?" Jiyeon said, turning to Hyunjung, her bubbly personality shining right through. Hyunjung smiled and bowed her head.

"Hello, I'm Hyunjung, Sojung's roommate. I just wanted to come to make sure this band was legit." Hyunjung chuckled softly, bowing her head in return to the greeting from the younger girl in front of her, who's strawberry blonde hair was pulled up into a high ponytail. Jiyeon was wearing a sweatshirt that shouted out the name of the university they were in, with tight, acid washed jeans. Her style was interesting in Sojung's eyes, but she made no comment, not feeling exactly comfortable enough yet either. 

In fact, all of the girls in the band had interesting fashion.

Dawon, who Sojung found out was the tall girl with the brown, long hair with cute bangs, wore light colors. Her shirt was a white t-shirt--very simple--and her skirt was a orange tennis skirt. She looked quite girly but her blank expression pointed toward the idea that she was strict and very business-like with her music style. She was like a paradox, almost.

Xuan Yi, on the other hand, was almost a rocker in her entirety. She also had dark brown hair, but like Jiyeon, she had hers pulled back, but this time into a bun. But, it was her clothing that exuded the rocker look. She wore black jeans with a leather jacket and a black crop underneathe. She stood there, her body leaning onto one side, her hip jutting out, looking very cool. Sojung was almost more intimidated by her than by Dawon, even though Xuan Yi exhibited a goofy smile. Sojung felt rather underdressed in her jeans and baggy t-shirt and H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter