chapter one.

of the dreamers and believers.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THIS FANFICTION IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED. ENJOY THE CHAPTERS THAT ARE HERE, BUT IT WILL NOT BE UPDATED ANY TIME IN THE FUTURE.

For as long as she can remember, music had been a great big part of Sojung's life. Even when she was younger, and her parents were controlling of her choices in music, she still enjoyed the beat, the tempo, the way the instruments came together into perfect harmony. To the young Sojung, music was something from the heavens, and she knew she couldn't live without it. It was very obvious to her, that fact, from the very beginning and nothing could deny this for her. Not even her overbearing, demanding, very conservative parents.

"You can't do that, Sojung."

"You can't wear things like that, Sojung. It's innapropriate."

"No, you're not allowed to listen to those things. They create a bad image."

"Sojung, you are not allowed to watch such things. Turn it off!"

The girl could go on forever with the lists of demands and restrictions her parents put on her. For the longest time, she wasn't allowed to wear v-neck shirts, for they feared that such clothes would give the expression of an easy girl, whatever that meant. They wouldn't let their daughter watch shows or movies that discussed in depth ual content, or even a mention of it. It was pretty tough to find movies like that. Not to mention, her parents were incredibly against gore. Sojung knew not to ask questions about these things, knew not to ask why she couldn't wear above-your-knees skirts, or crop tops. She knew better because she knew her parents would explode and yell about how they were just protecting her, and for the longest time, she never rebelled against them. As always, she knew better.

But one day, when she was left home alone, when she was around the age of thirteen, still in middle school, she had found a channel that her parents had missed. It was a channel that played solely rock and roll music, and Sojung was hypnotized. She couldn't believe the things she was hearing, the wonderous music that was pouring from the screen, blessing her ears with it's loud crashing that seemed to work in the best kind of ways. She sat, mystified, but she knew better than to mention it to her parents immediately. She could already hear their disgusted scoffs and she could see the rolling of their eyes. She was scared but there was something new and exciting in her life and she couldn't ignore such things. 

And that there was the start of everything. 

She did have trouble trying to convince her parents of her new-found joy, but they didn't hate it too much, "as long as you don't do anything dangerous because of it." She nodded and promised she'd be safe. All she wanted to do really was play the drums, and that wasn't dangerous in the least bit. But, how? Her parents were unshakable in their decision and she was not allowed to play the drums.

That didn't stop her. Fourteen went by with young Chu Sojung learning how to play without a set and with the assistance of the internet and books she acquired at the library. Fifteen went by with similar events. However, she did get a chance to play the drums at one point when her friend's mother brought the two to a music shop so that Sojung could see what it was like to play the drums. Sojung waited and entered high school, having to put her dreams on the side for a while, but she still studied and pursued that far off idea.

Sixteen came and went, then seventeen. She got into a great college and her parents were overjoyed. It was the first time they smiled because of their daughter in a long, long time. But Sojung wasn't thinking about education and books, she was thinking about drums. Finally, she would have the oppurtunity to play drums without her parents hovering over, conducting every one of her movements. Finally, at eighteen years old, she would be able to do whatever the hell she wanted.

"Sojung, you're going to be late for your class if you don't get up right now." A loud voice shouted in the sleeping girl's ear. She squirmed, groaned and pulled the blankets over her head, giving a silent, "leave me alone," but the persistant room mate would not. "I swear to god, Sojung, if you're late to this class again the professor's going to beat your sad little ." 

"Hyunjung, please go away. I don't need to go to this class anyway," Sojung shot back, taking a quick peek at her tall roommate, Kim Hyunjung. She was a year older than Sojung, but they had quickly bonded. Surprisingly, though Hyunjung was much more out-going, compared to the quiet and shy Chu Sojung, they got along easily, simply and Sojung was lucky to have such a good roommate, espcially since she didn't even know who would be her roommate. After violent shaking, Sojung was finally sitting up, rubbing her eyes. Hyunjung burst into loud laughter.

"God, you look so crazy, Sojung!" The elder girl squealed, laughter coming out quickly as she covered , her eyes scrunching up as she did so. Sojung glared at her, getting out of her small twin-sized bed. She loved Hyunjung, but boy, could that girl be loud so early in the morning. 

"Shush, I can't be blessed with such godly features right when I wake up like you," Sojung muttered and shuffled to dig through her personal care bag, bringing it into the small bathroom connected to their room which consisted of only a toilet and sink. To take a shower, one would need to go to the public bathroom and Sojung, though she didn't mind that, would prefer not to do such a thing. Sojung heared Hyunjung reply with a "true" before the younger of the two shut the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter