Chanyeol: Past

Wolves and Thieves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Outside of the diner there was no one. The only thing I can see looking around are the taillights of a bus speeding off in the north, towards the Krimson City Planet Departure Port (PDP for short). As much as I want to ignore the thought, I can't stop it from entering my mind. Maybe Baekhyun is right. Apparently you don't even have to speak of the devil for him to appear, because at that moment Baekhyun is standing beside me. “I'm going to go after him.” I say, not looking to my friend.

 

He hums and we both spend a few seconds staring out at the empty road. “Why?” he says after a moment.

 

“I don't know.”

 

We pause again.

 

“It's a stupid choice.” he adds.

 

“Probably. I'm not ready to give up.”

 

“You shouldn't try this hard for a rebound.”

 

For the first time, I look over at my friend. He looks up at me seconds later. “I'm sorry? What did you just say.” I question, not bothering to hide the anger in my voice.

 

“I know you're upset about...us, but Yeol, Jongin isn't the answer.”

 

I scoff. “You ignored me for weeks and you finally text me this morning saying you're ready to forgive, something that wasn't my fault by the way, and immediately you want to take all that back because you're angry at MY love life. This isn't a rebound and more importantly, it isn't about you.”

 

Without further word I'm jogging down the street for the next bus stop that will take me to the PDP.

 

***

 

The run seemed too long and I was out of breath by the time I got to the bus stop, but I made it just in time to get on and luckily there were only a couple others riding at this time of night. I chose to sit in the very back of the bus next to the door so I can exit quicker.

 

When the bus finally came to a screeching halt I was the first one off. Before I have to time to fully register my surroundings the sound of bells ringing fills the mostly silent air; a warning that the last ship to leave the planet has arrived and will be boarding soon. I have two more bells to find Jongin before it's too late. Panic fills my chest as I frantically begin searching around for Jongin. He’s nowhere to be seen and my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter