Jongin: Present

Wolves and Thieves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After what feels like an eternity of pacing, with my blade in my hand, the door to the bedroom bursts open. Taemin runs to my side, followed by a confused Baekhyun and angry Chanyeol. My mind gets a little dizzy and I start to fall forward. “Hey hey hey…” Taemin repeats, taking me into his arms. 

Taemin eases us down to our knees, most of my body still in his arms. My breath is fast and heavy, and I don’t even know how to describe the feeling bubbling inside my chest. “Jongin…” 

Taemin’s voice is abnormally soft and sweet. I feel his hand on my own, the feeling makes me loosen my grip on the sword, which Taemin now takes from me. “No…” I say, in between a breath. 

Taemin shakes his head and pushes me back as I attempt to lunge for the weapon, no real power behind the action. “You don’t need it Jongin. You’re okay…” 

“What’s going on?” Chanyeol asks. 

The panic in his voice brings me a slight amount of comfort in this moment, though it's short lived. “Jongin, do you know where you are?” 

Before I can answer my mind feels as if it has been into the past and I’m now sitting on the ground on a sandy planet. The sun is scorching down on me, so much so that the leather on my body is hot to the touch now. I hear the sound of yelling behind me and I quickly stand up and see three blurs standing in the distance. I can’t decide if they’re blurry because of the heat or my own vision. It doesn’t matter either way. I pull out both of my swords and wait for the blurs to approach me. As they come closer I see a man, a woman and a small child. “Are you alright? We heard you screaming a moment ago.” says the man. 

I look down at the child, who is hiding behind his mother, clearly afraid of me. “What…?” my voice trails off before I can say anything further. 

Then the sun glares in my eyes and my head is pounding as hard and fast as my heart. I can’t help but let out a small, but loud, yelling sound. I walk a few steps away and turn around then back to the family. “Do you know where you are?” questions the man. 

I growl at them and the mother hugs her child a little closer in a protective manner. “We need to go.” she says. 

“No, we can’t leave him, he’ll die.” 

Die? I think. No...You can’t kill me. I won’t let you. Then with one quick swoosh of both swords, both the man and woman are left headless. Then with another fast flick of my wrist the child’s throat is torn and his head barely hanging on his shoulders as his body tumbles to the ground. 

Just then I am knocked back painfully into a wall. I’m back in Chanyeol’s room, and Chanyeol is holding my arms down at my side and pushing his body against mine, pinning me in place. I look over at the door, Baekhyun looks incredibly frightened, Taemin looks slightly upset, but Kris looks like he couldn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter