Chapter 3

Just A Friend.

She heard a loud thump on the door of her room. Someone was kicking her door loud. Hana glanced at the clock hanging on the wall. It was ing 2 AM. Who the hell disturb people at 2 AM? Min was sleeping dead like a log. She got up from her bed reluctantly and opened the door to check. Mark was there lying on the ground pressing on his head while laughing. His face was all red. She could smell alcohol all over his body.

He was so drunk and she could barely hear the word he’s mumbling. “The door was kicking me back, Hana!”

“What the hell are you doing?” She helped him to get back on his feet.

“Ah. My sweet Hana!” He smiled like a stupid person. She pushed him to sit on her bed and took of his shoes. She nagged as if Mark would’ve listened to her.

It was really late and too dark in the room. She lay down on her bed facing the wall. He lay down next to her and pulled her into his arms. She pushed him away disgusted with the smell. Mark was too strong. He hugged her tighter. Her eyes were too heavy begging to be close.

She could feel his chest rising when he breathed. When he moved his chin, it bumped into the back of her head. She could feel his hot breath on her hair.

He bumped his chin again to her head. “Hana.” He said in a voice that almost sound like a whisper.

She shifted her body facing him looking at him. He pulled her into him with both arms. Her chest pressed against his. Suddenly, his smell didn’t bother her anymore. Her eyes were half closed. She’s too tired to deal with him.

He nudged his nose against her. Mark leaned closer toward Hana. Their lips are against each other. His mouth was so soft. And nobody has kissed her like this before. She slid her fingers up to his hair and kissed him back.

Sudden reality hit her. She pulled away from the kiss. Her eyes widened.  She looks at Mark. Mark is her best friend. Best friend don’t kiss each other on the mouth. Mark is Mark.

She kicked him off the bed and he fell flatly on the floor. She sighed. How much has he been drinking? She put on a pillow below his head. She touches her lips and lay down on her bed. She closed her eyes tighter forcing herself to sleep. She shook of the thought of him kissing her.

“Argggh.” Mark groaned in the morning. His body ached and his head is killing him. He sat on the floor looking at Hana who’s still sleeping. He pushed Hana closer to the wall and lay down on the bed next to her. Hana shrugged. She opened her eyes groggily.

“You let me sleep on that hard floor? What kind of friend are you?” He complained at her. “Not even a blanket. I could freeze to death, you know.”

 “You don’t remember what happen yesterday?” She asked him cautiously. She remembered what happen last night. Hana could swear that her cheeks must probably tint with a red blush.

 “Did I do something stupid again?” He panicked. He knew he shouldn’t drink too much last night.

“You passed out drunk yesterday. You almost puke on my bed. I don’t want you to puke on my bed.” She lied.

She sat on her bed pushing Mark’s leg away so she can get off. Min was still sleeping. Hana grabbed her toothbrush and towel to freshen up.

“I should eat some hangover soup. Buy me some?” Mark pleaded with his puppy eyes.

“I’m not leaving my room.”

“What? It’s Sunday for god sake. What are you going to do?” He picked up his phone and dialed for delivery. Apparently he won’t leave her room too soon.

She glared at him. “Studying in silence.”

 A part of her was disappointed that he didn’t remember the kiss. Of course Mark was too drunk so he can’t think straight. Probably, it doesn’t count as a kiss as well. But, it was her first kiss.