New Beginning

Romeo and Juliet

'Have fun today and goodluck for the start of something new." Eomeoni said to both Doojoon and you.

"Umma don't worry. We'll both be fine." 

"Don't forget to make new friends and take care." she said while seeing you both leave.

"Araso Umma. Don't worry." Both of you bid her goodbye.

Today was the first day of work for you at the cafe since the interview last 3 weeks. As for Doojoon, today was the start of orientation at Seoul University.

"You're excited?" you asked him.

"Excited? I couldn't even sleep last night." 

"Me too."

"Yah the fearless Song Jaeah also get nervous?" he teased you.

"Yah want a punch?" 

"I will kindly decline that offer."

Both of you took the bus.

"If anyone try to do something or be funny at you, just give me a call and I will come down straightaway." Doojoon told you.

"Very funny. No thanks. I can take care of myself." you showed him your clenched fist in front of his face.

He flinced slightly.

"And as if you will come down."

"Yah I will if I need to."

The bus stop at Seoul University station.

"Call me." Doojoon reminded you before alighting off the bus.

"Araso". 

You looked out of the window and you could see him making the call sign with his fingers. You laughed seeing this protective side of him.

You finally reached the cafe. You report to the manager and started the orientation regarding the job.

"So everything ok?" your manager asked you after explaining.

You nod.

"Ah and our boss will be coming later in the evening. Do let me know when he come."

You nod your head and start familiarising yourself with what you learnt.


 

You were busy doing work when your phone rang. It was Doojoon.

"Yah I thought you said to call you when I am in trouble." you said to him.

"That's right and I am wondering why you have yet to call."

"Because things are fine?" you said to him.

"How's work?

"Fine I guess. It is only the first day. How's yours?"

"Boring. I am dying here." he complained.

"I'm sure it will get better. My manager is calling for me. Talk to you later." you ended the call.

Doojoon looked at his phone screen. He was walking when he suddenly bumped into a lady.

"Oops, I'm sorry. It's my fault." he apologised to the lady.

"Ani it's ok. I'm fine." the lady said to him.

He felt that he had met the lady somewhere, but not sure where.

He saw a tattoo at the lady's wrist. 

*That's right! It is her from the cafe.* he thought to himself.

"I know you." she said.

"You're the guy I bumped into at the cafe right?" 

"You remember."

"Of course I did. How can I forget after not repaying you for what I did." she said to him.

"Ani don't worry. I am sorry for bumping into you earlier."

"Ani it's my fault too. Well, are you free now?" she asked him.

"I guess I am."

"If you don't mind, will you join me for lunch? I barely know anyone here." 

"It's your first day here? Me too. Ok I am up for it."

Both of you then head to the canteen.

Doojon sat in front of the lady.

"That's right, I forget to introduce myself. I am Lee Minjoo." she introduced herself, reaching her hands out to shake Doojoon's hand.

"Yoon Doojoon." he reached out his hand.

Both of them started talking and getting to know each other more. This was how Doojoon met his first friend in University.


 

You were busy for the past few hours. Just now, there were some group of guys that tried to flirt with you but you just ignored them and continue working. You remember Doojoon said to call him if anyone try to be funny with you. You looked at your phone. No miss call or text from him. Probably things were going fine for him.

The door open and a customer came in. You kept your phone and went to the counter.

"May I take your order sir?" you said to the customer.

The customer was pretty handsome and well groomed. He had this face which any girls will like. 

*Must be a rich kid* you thought to yourself.

"I've never seen you before. You must be new." he said to you.

"Eh? I just started working today." you replied him. He must be a regular to this cafe.

"Song Jaeah." he said your name.

"How did you know my name?" you sound puzzled cause you never met him before.

He pointed to your nametag.

*Omg, what a pabo I am.* you felt embarrased.

You could see that he was trying his best to not laugh and kept his cool.

"Is there.. anything you.. will like sir." you asked him to avoid being further embarrased.

"1 hot coffee. I shall see if it taste the same as usual." 

You went to make the order and he was there staring at you.

*What's with him.* you thought while making the coffee.

You went back to the counter but he was not there. You looked at the seats and the guy was sitting there. You called him to take his coffee but he told you to come to him instead.

*Yah he think he's the boss or something?* 

You went to him and served the coffee. 

Suddenly his hands tried to reach something from your chest.

"YAH! WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TOUCHING!" you grabbed his arm and twist them behind.

Everyone around you were looking at you and your manager came out from the storage room.

"What's going on? Jaeah ah that is our boss, Kikwang!" your manager told you when she saw you in a position twisting your boss's arm.

"Ne??" you looked at Kikwang who you just found out was your boss.

"Oww, Miss Jaeah, perhaps you could release my hand?" Kikwang said to you as you were still twisting his arm behind his back.

You quickly let go of your hands from his.