I Will Always Be There For You

Romeo and Juliet

"What are you looking at?" Doojoon sat down next to you at the sofa and peeked at your phone, since you were very engrossed in it.

"You're still searching for him?" he asked.

"Yes. And I will never stop looking for my dad. I know his out there somewhere..." 

"But it's been 7 years Jaeah. Perhaps you--"

"Perhaps you should keep quiet. Be it 7 years or till the day I die, I will still find my dad. His out there. Somewhere..I can feel it." you defend your instincts.

You locked your phone and stood up to exit. 

"Yah,where are you going? We're going to have dinner soon."

"I don't feel hungry. I've lost my appetite." you said with your back facing Doojoon and left the Yoon's household.

"Yah Song Jaeah!" Doojoon called for you but too late you already left.

"Dinner is ready~" Doojoon's mum carrying a hot pot of chicken soup and placed it on the dining table.

"Eh I thought Jaeah was here minutes ago. Where is she?"

"She left. She said she had no appetite."

"Jaeah? No appetite? That's so not her. She always eat dinner. Did you fight with her again or something Yoon Doojoon?" 

"Noo. Or maybe I did say something I shouldn't have" 

 

After dinner,Doojoon carried a tray of food as his mum told him to send the food to you as she was scared you would starve yourself. Doojoon put on his slippers and went next door but hesitated when he stood at your front door. 

"Jaeah ah. It's me. Open the door. I've got food for you." Doojoon called out for you.

It took you a few seconds to reply him back. 

"I'm not hungry. Get lost." 

"Yah don't lie. You're always hungry 24/7."

"Get lost Yoon Doojoon. I don't want to see your face."

'Too bad you will still see my face everyday."

"What bad things did I do in my previous life to have met you. And for the last time get lost. I'm not hungry!"

"Bad? I think you meant good. Faster open the door my hands are hurting. And if you don't even have pity for me, at least have pity on my mum. She cooked chicken soup today just because you said you miss having hot chicken soup the other day"

A moment of silence between the both of you.

"So are you going to open the door or not?

You open the door and there you could see Doojoon holding the tray of food.

'Give me the tray." 

"Noo. My mum say to see you eat. And I am a good son. So have to listen to what my mum said."

You hesitate for awhile but move your way to give space for Doojoon to enter.

He placed the tray on the dining table and sat down. You stood next to the chair opposite him.

"Why are you still standing. Sit down and eat."

"Do you even have to do this?" you asked him.

"Of course. My mum said.."

"Araso araso." you cut him off before he continue further.

You took a spoonful of the soup.

"I can never eat if you continue looking at me like that." 

"What? My mum said to be her eyes to see you eat." Doojoon said.

"If your mum ask you to feed me will you do it?" you said to him sarcastically while taking another spoonful.

"I will do it though." 

Doojoon hesitate for awhile before saying something.

"Jaeah ah. I'm sorry for earlier. I shouldn't have said that." Doojoon apologised to you looking remorseful.

"Gwenchana. I'm sorry too. I guess I got too emotional whenever I talked about it."

Doojoon took your hand and said "You know that I don't mean what I said. I've always want the best for you and if this make you happy I'll be more willing to help."

"Since the incident 7 years ago, I know that was your goal in life. Whatever happen, the day when you found your dad, just know that I will be beside you and always be there when you need me." he continued.

You felt touched by his words. 

"Aishh why is dust coming inside my eyes." you stood up and make an exit to the kitchen to wipe your tears as you don't want him to see.

Doojoon just smiled seeing you. He knew that his bestfriend was just making an excuse to cry. The only time he ever see you cry was the day your mum passed away and the day the rescue team send you to their house as official guardians when they found out that your dad was still missing after the incident. 

He meant what he said that he will always be there for you. And that will never changed.