See you again

Romeo and Juliet

You were at work when you received a call.

"Yobosaeyo. Yes I am Ms Song Jaeah." 

"Ne. Song Jaemin is my appa."

"Chincha!" you sounded surprise.

"Araso, I'll get there now." you hang up and start packing up your things.

"Mianhe, but I have to go somewhere. It's very important. They have found my dad." you told your manager.

Your manager let you off work.

You straightaway flagged a taxi.

You received a call from the Korean Missing People Foundation saying that they had found your dad.

You have been waiting for 7years for this. You were nervous as the taxi start the journey to the place. You can't wait to see your dad. You cried thinking about how all these years all the effort was not in vain. 

The first person that came to mind was Doojoon. You called him to tell him about the happy news. However he did not pick up his phone. You try calling him again but was still uncontactable.

You called Eomeoni instead.

"Eomeoni." you cried.

"Oh Jaeah ah wae? Why are you crying?" Eomeoni was worried to hear you cry.

"Eomeoni, they have found appa." 

"Appa? Omo your appa?

"Ne." 

"Omo I'm happy for you." Eomeoni cried also. She knew how much it meant to you.

"Where are you now?" she asked you.

'I'm on my way to the foundation place. I tried to call Doojoon but never pick up my calls.

 "Maybe he's having class. Don't worry, I will tell him if he comes back." 

"Araso. Komowoyo Eomeoni." you hang up the phone.


 

"Umma I'm back." Doojoon took out his shoes.

"Did you call Jaeah back?" Eomeoni asked him.

"She called me?" Doojoon checked his phone and realised that there was 3 missed calls from you.

"Waeyo. Did something happened to her?" he sounded worried.

"They found her appa." 

"Ne?" Doojoon sounded surprised. He then realised something.

"Where is she now?" he asked his mum urgently.

"She's going to the foundation place now." 

Doojoon straightaway slipped back his shoes and went to the place.


 

Kikwang was at cafe and he felt something was missing. He looked around and realised you were not around.

"Where is Jaeah? She didn't come today?" he asked the manager.

"Ani. She came earlier but she left."

"She left? Waeyo?" 

"Idk but she said something about founding her dad." 

"Founding her dad?" he said under his breath. He finally recalled you mentioning about finding your dad. He straightaway grab his car keys and hoping to find you.


You finally reached the place. You went to the counter and asked them.

"Ah you're Ms Jaeah? Song Jaemin's family? This way Ms." the lady led you to a room.

You followed her and everysteps you took was nervewrecking. It's finally the time you will meet your dad. After 7years of waiting and finding. You remembered the day you were left alone in the car waiting and crying for your dad to come back and finally the day had came.

She open the door and both of you went inside. 

"There's your dad." she pointed and looked at you.

"Appa." you cried, unable to hold your emotions. You went forward and sat down on your knees.

"Mianhe, but this was what was left. His identification is in the wallet."

"The body was decomposed and the remaining bones were cremated and placed in an urn." she continued.

"Gamsahamnida." you thanked her. She left the room to give you some alone time.

"Appa" you cried. You took his wallet and saw a photo of the family and a picture of him and you when you were young.

"Appa...where have..you been? You said..you..will come back..but you didn't.." you cried non-stop

"Do you know how long it took me to see you again.. and finally you did came back. I was scared you will never came back and I never will get to see you again." you couldn't hold your tears from falling.

"Mianhe I didn't say I love you back that day. But I regret not saying it. Saranghae appa." you cried covering your face.

You remember that day before your dad left you in the car he said I love you but you didn't reply back cause you said to him it's not as if you won't see him again. That's one of the regret you had. And finally today, you were able to say it back to him. 

You were crying when you realised someone sat next to you. He sat next to you, crying and bowing down giving respect to your dad. He finally sat back up and looked at you.

"Doojoon ah.." you cried seeing him. He put his arms around you and let you cry on his shoulders. He knew how much it meant to you. 

"Didn't I told you I will be there on the day you found your dad."

"Cry. Cry your heart out if it will make you feel better." his tears falling seeing you cry. 

 

Kikwang on the other hand was at the door, seeing you and Doojoon together. He was unable to go in. He intended to be there for you since it meant a lot for you. However when he reached the place, it was too late for him. Instead of him, Doojoon was there for you by your side. He then left.


 

"Jaeah ah. It's time to go." Doojoon said to you.

You wiped your tears. You had to leave but your heart was reluctant to leave the place. Both Doojoon and you make your final respect. You took your dad's wallet and kept it. 

"Appa. I'll be going first..Take care of yourself... Komowo for coming back to me..." you cried saying it. It was as if you were saying your last goodbye. Doojoon placed his arms over your shoulders and led you out of the room. You couldn't stop looking back behind. As you left the place you stopped at the entrance and cried. Doojoon understand how you felt and hug you.

"I can't stop crying. I'm sorry." you hug him back crying.

"What's the sorry for? Crying is good. It's a sign that you're alive when you were born." he tried to make you felt better.

He let go of the hug and hold your face. 

"Your dad is in a better place now. You don't want him to see you crying as you leave. So smile ok?" He wiped your tears.

You calm yourself down.

"That's better. Don't think of it as a goodbye but as a see you again soon." 

You just nod your head. You were glad Doojoon was there for you. He always knew how to make you feel better.


 

Your phone rang and it was a call from Kikwang.

"Jaeah shi, I've heard from the rest. You found your dad?" Kikwang start a conversation with you.

"Yes. Mianhe for leaving work early. I should have told you before leaving."

"Ani. Kwenchana. No worries."

"Are you at the cafe?" you asked him.

"Yeaa...I am." he hesitate to tell you. Truthfully Kikwang was still inside the car driving after leaving the foundation place. 

"If there's anything I could help, you can always ask me. I'll be more than willing to help. I've gotta go. See you soon." he hanged up the phone. 

Kikwang suddenly remember the image of you crying to next Doojoon. Lots of thoughts were playing in his mind.

 

Doojoon was with you when he received a text from Minjoo. She was asking him to hang out with her today.

*Mianhe but I can't today. Jaeah just found her dad. So I'm going to be with her today* he text her back.

Minjoo knew what happened to your dad but she was feeling abit unhappy that Doojoon prioritise you over her.

"I understand but maybe just for awhile? Or maybe you can bring Jaeah along?" she text him back. Inviting Jaeah wasn't her intention but she really wanted to meet Doojoon.

"Mianhe but I guess Jaeah won't want it. Maybe next time" he replied back.

"Aish chincha annoying. Jaeah, Jaeah, Jaeah. What's so good about her." she said to herself feeling annoyed.