Chapter 2

My Little Sunshine
 
 
 
 
 
 
No one's POV:
 
The atmosphere was different. Though they might not show it, all seven guys feel it, some not that much, some feel it all the time. Well, the exception of Jeon Jungkook.
 
Jungkook lay down on his bed, furrowed eyebrows with headphones placed against his chest, hands protecting it as if something may snatch it from him any moment.
 
The headphones meant so much to him. It reminded him of his ex girlfriend, who died years ago, before their debut.
 
He never moved on, and he never would. It was given to him as a present when he got accepted into Big Hit. He had to leave for Seoul, and his girlfriend had to stay in Busan to help out with her parents' tiny restaurant. She was more on the poor side, and used all her savings on that headphones.
 
They were childhood friends. Jungkook's first love, and probably the only love of his life.
 
It broke his heart when her parents came all the way to Seoul in the middle of the night to tell him about her death. 
 
He never went to the funeral. He was afraid, he'll lose control of himself seeing her like that. He wants to remember her as the cheerful, bright smile girl who annoys the hell out of him all the time. The girl who made him smile unknowingly when thinking of her, the one girl who was vulnerable but tries her best to be strong, for everyone around her.
 
Silly girl. He smiled to himself.
 
He shut his eyes, and didn't move an inch from his position, and after awhile, the only thing heard in the room was his breathing, and the feeling of his chest going up and down every breath.
 
He opened his eyes all of a sudden. Then sat upright and looked around.
 
Strange. Something doesn't feel right.
 
At the exact moment, his stomach grumbled and he sighed, before getting out of bed and heading downstairs.
 
Hearing the noises made by hyungs, he walked over to see them at the dining table, two large pizza boxes placed on it, and the hyungs quarrelling over the food. Seokjin paused from the laughter and looked up at Jungkook, in which his other hyungs stopped too to look up at him.
 
It was a game of no-breaking-eye-contact, and Seokjin broke the silence.
 
"Jungkook-ah, you're finally here. It was hard trying to stop these pigs from eating your share.”
 
"Yah hyung, who are you calling pig?”
 
"Yeah, if someone has to be the pig, it should be you since you were drooling when you saw the food!”
 
"I did not!”
 
"Yes you did." Taehyung and Hoseok chanted.
 
"No!”
 
"Yes!”
 
"Yah who's the hyung here!?" Then everyone broke into laughter watching the three quarrel and Jungkook heard Yoongi mumbled somewhere along the lines of immature retards.
 
Jungkook settled himself on the table, at the seat right next to Seokjin, and looked at the food placed in front of him.
 
Then the hyungs around him started scrambling out of their seats.
 
"Come on Jiminie let's go upstairs and play games." The said male nodded and the two 95 liners went up.
 
"Heeyyyyy what about me!?" Hoseok added and chased after them.
 
Yoongi just stood up with his own plate and left for the kitchen.
 
"Well, I'm just gonna go check on them." With that, only Seokjin and Jungkook were left on the table.
 
Only did then Jungkook absorbed the sight in front of him. It was two slices of pepperoni pizzas and a slice of cheese pizza.
 
"Oh yeah by the way, Jimin said to leave you at least two slices of pepperoni since it's your favourite. Come join us later yeah?" Receiving a pat on his back, Jungkook was all alone at the dining table.
 
Did Jimin really did that? He...isn't angry about me flaring up at him?
 
Those were the only thoughts running through Jungkook's brain as he gobbled up his lunch and headed to the kitchen to clear his plate. He then opened the fridge and poured himself some orange juice, before heading upstairs carefully, juice in hand.
 
He heard shouting and cheering coming from Taehyung, Hoseok and Yoongi's room, and he turned the door knob with his empty hand, entering the room.
 
When the door creaked open, the sounds got louder, and he made sure to close the door behind him. 
 
Currently, Hoseok and Taehyung were playing Mario Kart against one another, while Yoongi and Jimin were cheering on for Taehyung, sitting and the other standing on the bed, and Namjoon and Seokjin cheered for Hoseok who was just lingering behind Taehyung's character. 
 
Jungkook let his eyes stay longer on Jimin, as the latter jumped on the bed in excitement when Taehyung won, and as a result he fell onto Yoongi who was sitting in front of him on the bed.
 
"Whoops, sorry hyung." He giggled and high-fived his best friend who stood up after his victory.
 
"Oh Jungkook, you're here. Come battle this boasting brat for me will ya?" Hoseok sneered at Taehyung when he noticed that the maknae entered the room.
 
Everyone knew that Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook, or the maknae line, are known for being good at games, so everyone perked up when Jungkook shrugged and took the wii remote from Hoseok's hands.
 
"JUNGKOOK! JUNGKOOK! JUNGKOOK! JUNGKOOK!" Hoseok, Namjoon and Seokjin chanted.
 
"TAE TAE!!!" Jimin shouted, high pitched voice overpowered by the other three.
 
"GO TAEHYUNG. BEAT HIS ING !" Everyone turned to look at Yoongi.
 
"What?" Yoongi looked back, blushing. Everyone shrugged and started the game.
 
The horn sounded in the game and immediately Taehyung and Jungkook pressed the accelerate button. 
 
Jungkook chose his favourite character, Yoshi, a cute green dinosaur that appears a lot in Super Mario. And Taehyung, used a special unlocked character, King Boo, a white floating ghost, with his tongue out and two tiny fangs, a crown on his head.
 
Jungkook used a motorcycle as his vehicle, which is good at drifting (that would increase the acceleration at points) and Taehyung chose the four wheeled kart. Having chosen a smaller sized character and a motorcycle, it was easy for Taehyung to steer his character against Jungkook's, making the latter lose control and go off course, while he remained on track, unfazed by the impact.
 
"COME ON TAEHYUNG!! LAST LAP!" Yoongi and Jimin cheered. Taehyung was now at first place, while Jungkook, who went off course, just re-spawned and is currently at eighth place.
 
"...why must it be rainbow road..." Jungkook complained.
 
"Aww don't complain brat, don't boast around when you can't beat me!" Taehyung scoffed teasingly. Jungkook grumbled and focused on the game.
 
7…
 
6…
 
Jungkook went left and right at the eight-curve in the track.
 
5…
 
He banged against one of the small sized motorcyclists character, hitting him off track and out of the game.
 
4…
 
3…
 
He sees Taehyung's character ahead.
 
2…
 
"Come on...Tae he's right behind you!!!" Yoongi screamed.
 
Taehyung glanced over to Jungkook's screen to see him tailing behind his character. Panicking, he shouted and scrambled around, as he almost reached the finish line when…
 
"YESSS!!!" The other three people roared. The last part of the track was a straight road, which was perfect for Jungkook to start drifting, and at the last moment, he claimed first place.
 
He cheered with his three hyung-supporters and they huddled in a circle and danced around, arms around each other's shoulders.
 
Meanwhile, on the other side…
 
Taehyung pouted. And he trudged across the room to Yoongi's bed.
 
"It's okayyy you did your best." Jimin hugged him lightly, before releasing his grip. Taehyung smiled slightly before he stumbled backwards and he shouted in shock. 
 
"Yah don't be a spoilsport. You're still my favourite dongsaeng okay?" Taehyung looked up to see Yoongi's face right in front of his. He blushed all of a sudden and nodded profusely and kept his eyes down until Yoongi released him from the bone crashing hug.
 
Did I...just blush? Taehyung shook his head. He didn't. 
 
 
Jungkook's POV:
 
I received ruffles on my hair from the hyungs, but I couldn't help but look at the other side of the room.
 
Jimin hugged Taehyung before letting go for Yoongi to hug him. Afterwards Jimin was just comforting Taehyung all the way, patting him on the back, trying his best to cheer his best friend up.
 
I frowned slightly. Aren't they supposed to be happy for me? Like how they usually do?
 
"Hey guys can we play the coin challenge thing?" Tae-hyung asked. He meant the coin battle, when we go into teams and go around the chosen area to collect the most coins.
 
"Yeah let's do it!!!” 
 
"Okay who wants to play?”
 
"Not me." Jin-hyung, Namjoon-hyung and Yoongi-hyung simultaneously said.
 
"Okay then it's four of us..." I trailed off.
 
"Tae let's team up together!" Jimin shouted and ran towards Tae-hyung and hugged him, claiming him as his teammate.
 
"So it's settled. Hoseok and Jungkook will be in one team while Taehyung and Jimin will be in the other." I blanked out for a moment. Something feels really wrong. I shook the feeling away, thinking it was just because I was feeling under the weather today.
 
"Jiminie, blue team?" The said person nodded enthusiastically, leaving me to wonder where all the excitement came from.
 
"I feel like Taehyung and Jimin are going to win, I'm supporting them." Jin-hyung said, joining Yoongi-hyung on his bed, high-fiving him as Namjoon-hyung shrugged and stayed by our side.
 
"Hyung..." I whined.
 
I pouted at Jin-hyung but he just laughed it off. I continued pouting, looking around to see Jimin looking at me before turning back to the screen a split second later.
 
---
 
"OHMYGOD TAE AHHHH WE WON!!!" "JIMINIE WE WONNN!!!! YOONGI-HYUNGGG WE DID IT!!!" The three mentioned started jumping and screaming in delight. 
 
I looked back at the screen. We were behind by three coins. I remembered at the last few seconds when I was about to get the three leading coins remaining, Jimin's character came out of nowhere and snatched them at the last second. We lost. They won.
 
"Yah Jungkook-ah, it's okay." Hoseok-hyung patted my back. I shrugged, somehow I don't feel upset at all about losing the game.
 
 
Taehyung's POV:
 
I saw Jiminie looking at Jungkookie when he wasn't watching, and vice versa. This two were definitely in love.
 
But no. I can't let that happen. I have a teeny weeny crush on my bestie, so let me be selfish for once.
 
It suddenly dawned on me that the two fought because of me.
 
 
Flashback~~~
 
I was planning to visit the two other from the maknae line since I was bored.
 
I was about to open the door when I heard them arguing.
 
"Come on, why would the headphones be placed in my clothes?”
 
"Oh I don't know. Why don't you explain yourself since the headphones were hidden under YOUR underwear?”
 
"Jungkook...Jungkook-ah it really wasn't me.”
 
"Stop lying Jimin. Just tell me the reason you did this.”
 
"I swear I didn't do anything! And I wouldn't lie to you, never! I promise!" I heard footsteps behind me and I saw the other hyungs coming upstairs. I signalled them to lower down their volume as they placed their ears near the door. 
 
"Bull. I told you to take care of my bag.”
 
"It really wasn't me. Maybe I could help-“
 
"Help? Help. Oh why would I need YOUR help when you're the culprit huh?”
 
"Jung-“
 
"I DONT NEED YOUR HELP. I DONT EVEN NEED A JIMIN IN MY LIFE. ALL YOU DO IS CAUSE TROUBLE AND SQUEAL IN THAT GIRLY HIGH PITCHED VOICE THAT ANNOYS THE HELL OUT OF EVERYONE. WHY CANT YOU JUST SHUT UP AND STOP ADDING ON TO THE LIST OF THINGS EVERYONE HAS TO WORRY ABOUT." I heard a loud thump on the floor and then the hyungs immediately opened the door, bursting in.
 
"Jimin? Jungkook? What happened? We heard shouting and-“
 
"It's nothing, hyung." Jiminie whimpered. Looking at all of us, I saw his blood-shot eyes and plump wet lips, him struggling to keep his tears.
 
"NOTHING? WHAT NOTHING? STOP ACTING INNOCENT PARK ING JIMIN YOU SON OF A-“
 
"JUNGKOOK!" We ran forward to stop him before he could do anything stupid. Jimin stood up and walked slowly towards the door
 
"But wait, my headphones!" Jungkook whined and Jiminie turned around.
 
"I'm sorry Jungkook. I won't bother you anymore." Sounds weird but it seemed like he was parting with Jungkook. 
 
"Jungkook calm your ing down did you see how much you scared and insulted Jimin?!" Yoongi-hyung snarled at Jungkook who was slumped on the floor, sulking and holding his headphones in his hands.
 
"I don't ing care." He rolled his eyes.
 
"Jungkook…"
 
"I'm going to check on Jiminie." I walked out calmly, though my clenched fists were opposing me. I felt my fingernails digging into my palms as I took some quick deep breaths before skipping towards Jimin, a smile on my face.
 
"Jimin-ah, are you okay?" I hugged him.
 
"Ignore Jungkook.”
 
"Stupid teenager hormones." Jiminie chuckled slightly at Yoongi-hyung.
 
"Jimin, we know about you liking Jungkook...you know." The other hyungs came down.
 
"I'm okay guys. Chill, look I'm all good and smiling right? I understand Jungkook. He worships his headphones so much, it doesn't surprise me that he gets angry over not seeing it by his side.”
 
End of Flashback~~~
 
 
"Hey hyung, do you wanna grab some ice cream with me?" I nodded, before grabbing my wallet and leaving the dorm with our maknae.
 
 
---
 
 
"One chocolate ice cream and strawberry ice cream please." I flashed a smile at the girl tending the ice cream stand. She looked around in her early twenties, and she flushed at the sight of both of us.
 
"A-are you...perhaps Taehyung and J-jungkook from Ba-“
 
"Yeah we are. How much do the ice creams cost?" Jungkook cut in, trying to be as polite as possible. It's funny that he sometimes has this annoying attitude to some fans in our private lives.
 
She flushed even more and scooped the ice creams for us before hurriedly saying the price. I remembered to thank her as an indirect apology to Jungkook's behaviour earlier on. 
 
"Yah wait up." I jogged up towards the maknae as he left first once he received his ice cream.
 
"Hyung freaking had skin ship with me!" He half-whispered, half-shouted because if he shouted and groaned loudly the girl would've been able to hear it.
 
"Seriously?" I laughed, turning around to look at the girl who was glancing at our backs. When she got found out, she buried herself under the counters, making me laugh even harder.
 
"Ahh hyung!" Jungkook whined.
 
"Hey, do you remember that time when you rejected a girl and nearly peed in your pants in front of us?" I nudged him teasingly.
 
"Yah hyung stop! At least I didn't have to kiss someone by the name of Ho-" I quickly cupped his mouth, and felt a sticky substance on it. I removed it immediately, to realise it was ice cream on Jungkook's lips. I groaned while he laughed his off. Almost literally. I wiped the sweet stuff on a nearby wall, with the annoyed look on my face, and I heard Jungkook started laughing again. 
 
"Shut your up I tell you or you're gonna get it from me." I half heartedly threatened, stifling my laughter, before I gave up.
 
"Oh gosh I hated that moment though." I shivered.
 
"The Vhope sail has been going strong ever since~" He sang.
 
"Dude!”
 
"Kidding hyung. You know you're my favourite hyung right?”
 
"Oh please, what now? Vkook? Ew." Yeah right
 
At least you wouldn't care about my Jiminie anymore. 
 
Maybe I'll have my chance.
 
Maybe, I shouldn't say anything.
 
Not yet.
 
Yeah, maybe.
 
"Hyung?” 
 
"H-huh oh yeah?”
 
"Why are you staring at those ahjummas? ert.”
 
"What?! My standards aren't that low you know.”
 
"ert~~~” 
 
". I'm just gonna head back to that ice cream stand and-“
 
"And what? Flirt with that girl whose s are flat as Jin-hyung's frying pan and an that doesn't match her front? Wow...really high standards indeed." He clapped sarcastically with his right palm and left wrist.
 
"At least her s are bigger than yours. Seriously? You dislike her yet you check her out?”
 
"Well with a plump full like Jim..." He paused. Gotcha.
 
"Jimin?”
 
"A-ani...what are you talking about?”
 
"Well as I was saying, I'm just gonna head there and tell the girl how much you love her .”
 
"I don't like her !" His face heated us.
 
"Then why did you compare her to Jimin's ?”
 
"I…"
 
"So you've been staring at Jiminie's for more than a few accidental times.”
 
Silence.
 
"So...do you like it?”
 
"Like what?”
 
"Round plump that you can grab.”
 
"Hyung must I remind you again?" His face says the opposite of his tone.
 
"Okay okay I'll drop it." I raised my hands up in defeat, almost forgetting my ice cream in my grasp and hurried to balance the melting substance on its crispy brown cone.
 
We walked in comfortable silence finishing our ice cream.
 
"So...do you like round plump like-" I ran off and covered my ears before Jungkook had the time to bellow my name.
 
 
Jimin's POV:
 
"Hyung!" I heard someone calling for me while I was changing in my room. 
 
"Give me a moment!" I shouted back. Jungkook has been shouting the word hyung over five times since he came back fourteen minutes ago, accompanied by Tae Tae's laughter, and an occasional laughters from other hyungs. But this time the voice was clearer and nearer so I assumed he was calling me.
 
I quickly put on a long sleeved shirt and opened the door, before I froze.
 
Jungkook was standing awkwardly outside the room, only a towel wrapped around his waist. The sides of his mouth curled up and he opened his mouth to say something before he paused, like he remembered something. Oh yeah, I forgot.
 
He closed his mouth and pursed his lips as he went into the room, me moving to the side so he could get pass me to the room. I moved out a few steps and turned around, to see him looking at the floor while he closed the door. Quite hard.
 
I sighed, before realising that a moment ago I was talking to a half- gorgeous man, abs visible, towel hanging so low around his waist, disheveled wet hair, defined muscles, height taller than me, and I could still smell his shampoo’s light scent around me. I felt myself turn red and I cupped my cheeks. 
 
I shook my head to clear off my thoughts and I headed downstairs, where everyone was doing their own things. Jin-hyung was currently cooking dinner, while Namjoon-hyung and Hoseok-hyung were getting ready to head to the recording studio where apparently Yoongi-hyung already was at. Probably sleeping. I snorted. While Tae Tae was watching television. When he heard me come down the stairs, he turned around, and grinned and beckoned me to come over. 
 
"I was thinking of watching a movie.”
 
"Which one?”
 
"Pitch Perfect." He exclaimed.
 
"Sure! Let me watch with you, I haven't watched that since AGES!" I scurried around and searched for the remote controller before going to our list of movies we have and selected one and I settled myself next to Tae on the couch, where he moved all the way to the side and I sat beside him.
 
 
---
 
 
I didn't hear anyone coming down from upstairs until I felt a presence beside me. I looked up, to see Jungkook returning the gaze for a moment, before he sat down beside me, with a noticeable distance between us.
 
"Pitch Perfect?" He asked, surprised.
 
"Yeah, I thought you liked it so I told you to watch with us. Well if you don't then…” Tae Tae drifted off.
 
"Pfft of course I enjoyed this movie." Then silence. The only sound  we could hear was the noise from the movie, and some noises from the kitchen.
 
He's ignoring me now. He really detests me. Well…
 
I shouldn't care anymore.
 
Because to you, I'm nothing but dirty trash.
 
I should've known, you're still attached to her.
 
And probably should've gave up long ago, but my heart says otherwise. 
 
I burst out of my bubble due to Tae Tae and Jungkook's laughter and looked up. Fat Amy got caught up in the net.
 
 
---
 
 
I couldn't sleep that night. I turned here and there, switched positions on my bed, but nothing worked.
 
I sighed, before getting up and heading down to the kitchen to grab a drink.
 
I poured myself a glass of water, and while taking a few sips, I looked out of the window near the kitchen counter. I felt a cool breeze continuously blow on my face, and I watched the trees sway side to side lightly, not fighting against the wind. I slowly made my way to sit on the couch.
 
Why couldn't I be like the trees? Can't I just go with the flow, instead of trying hard to make Jungkook mine?
 
"Jiminie?" I turned around to see Tae, rubbing his eye as he trudged over to me.
 
"Tae Tae? Why are you awake?" I removed the glass from my lips, I didn't even realise it was pressed against my lips all along.
 
"I could ask the same." I smiled.
 
"Jiminie, don't be sad. He isn't worth your tears, your smile, your kind personality. He doesn't deserve you.”
 
"I...it's hard." I croaked out, tears almost about to pour out of the poor sockets.
 
"I know it's hard, but think about it, what's good about having an unrequited love? Maybe it's time to forget about your love for him, Jiminie.”
 
"O-kay..." I gulped. A tear slipped down my cheek, and Tae Tae pulled me into a hug, and I broke down against his chest.
 
"I hate him...but I love him..." I tightened my grip on his shirt and felt the fabric stained wet from the tears.
 
"It's okay. Let me take care of you." Warmth radiating from his body. I always wished that Jungkook would hold me like this.
 
"N-no I can't-“
 
"Shush Jiminie. You took care of me all the time, I should return the favour back." I felt butterflies in my stomach flying around vigorously. 
 
"T-thank you..." Those were the only words I could say out.
 
We stayed there for awhile, until I felt my eyelids drooping...drooping…
 
"Goodnight Jiminie. I love you." I heard a faint voice and a thud before I fell into slumber.
 
 
Taehyung's POV:
 
I felt Jiminie's head drop a few times before he shook his head to be awake, but sooner or later I saw his eyelids dropping, so I brought him closer towards me.
 
"Goodnight Jiminie. I love you." I pressed my lips on his forehead.
 
At the same time, I heard a thud from behind and I turned around to see nothing there.
 
I shrugged, before carefully picking Jiminie up and bringing him to his bedroom.
 
As I went up, my foot knocked into something on the floor. It was hard, but it was too dark to make anything out of it, so being even more careful, I tucked Jiminie into his bed before heading to my own room and bed.
 
The moment I slumped down on the mattress, I smiled to myself, falling asleep immediately. 
 
 
The next day, I didn’t see the thing my feet knocked into anywhere on the stairs.
 
 
-----

A/N : OMG thank you so much T-T Thanks for subscribing, upvoting and commenting!!! You guys probably think Tae is a jerk for not telling the truth but maybe,  hopefully, you guys kinda understand a bit more from his point of view? So...comment subscribe and upvote? Commenting is mainly what keeps me going because I wanna know how you think about the story ;-;
See you guys soon~~~ I have exams two weeks later so I might be on a hiatus
Oh yeah guys guess what! It's two more days to National Day! I'm from Singapore^^ I can't wait~ 
Byeee ♡♡♡