Chapter 3

My Little Sunshine
Anonymous POV:
 
I woke up in the middle of the night all of a sudden.
 
But I couldn't go back to sleep, so I took my book and headed downstairs, hoping to read it in silence.
 
However…
 
"I hate him...but I love him..." I saw two heads popping out of the couch from where I was, at the staircase.
 
"It's okay. Let me take care of you." Sounds like Taehyung? 
 
"N-no I can't-“
 
"Shush Jiminie. You took care of me all the time, I should return the favour back." I guess it was about Jungkook.
 
"T-thank you…" 
 
I stood there watching…
 
"Goodnight Jiminie. I love you." Then I just dropped my book in shock. He probably didn't mean it in the romantic way, but I…
 
I rushed back to my room with extreme quiet steps and closed the door behind me. I tucked myself into bed and pretended to be asleep when Taehyung entered.
 
When I heard snoring from both of my sides, I opened my eyes.
 
The scene replayed in my mind like a broken video tape.
 
The kiss on the forehead.
 
The 'I love you’.
 
The hug.
 
Why?
 
I brought my knees up to my chest and hugged them while lying on the bed.
 
 
 
No one's POV:
 
Jimin woke up to an open window with all the ing sunlight shone on his face.
 
"Ah hyung..." Jungkook mumbled, pulling the covers over his head.
 
"It wasn't me." Jimin scoffed and stood up, walking towards the door.
 
He stopped, turned around to see Jungkook in the same spot, sheets going up and down in a constant slow pace.
 
Jimin just shook his head and before he knew it, he was tugging at the curtains, pulling them close and headed out of the room. 
 
Later did he know, Jungkook was awake.
 
Jungkook heard the door close, so he sat up, and noticed the shut curtains.
 
A small smile crept up to his face unknowingly.
 
He headed out of the room and was about to head downstairs when he heard a conversation.
 
"Jimin can you help me wake the others up please?”
 
"But hyung-“
 
"The earlier everyone wakes up, the earlier we get to eat.”
 
"Okay..." When Jungkook heard this, he rushed back to his room, pretending to sleep.
 
And he waited.
 
And waited.
 
 
Waited.
 
Isn't he supposed to be here now?
 
Jungkook heard the click of the door and he turned to his side, shutting his eyes tight.
 
"Jungkook wake up." His eyes opened immediately. 
 
That wasn't Jimin.
 
"Yah Jeon Jungkook!" He felt his s getting pinched by the one and only…
 
"Ahh...hyung..." Jungkook pretended to wake up.
 
"Are you that sleepy? Jimin said he woke you up earlier on.”
 
"Woke me up? Oh...that was by accident." Jungkook frowned.
 
"Anyway get up, everyone's waiting for you." Jungkook nodded and walked downstairs where everyone was sitting at.
 
He expected that the only empty seat was next to Jimin again, but this time he was sitting the furthest away from him, beside Namjoon.
 
Well it's okay, at least I get some freedom and no-Jimin-beside-me.
 
"Let's eat well guys!" Namjoon shouted.
 
"Ne!" Everyone replied, raising their chopsticks to grab their food.
 
Jimin suddenly leaned towards Taehyung and whispered something to him.
 
"Jungkook-ah.” 
 
"Hyung?" Jungkook looked at Taehyung, putting a piece of vegetable in his mouth.
 
"Did you brush your teeth before coming down?”
 
"Oh yeah Jungkook I didn't see you near the toilet earlier on.”
 
"How did you know hyung?" Jungkook gulped, suddenly remembering he didn't brush his teeth at all.
 
"I didn't know you're the type to forget to brush your teeth in the morning.”
 
"Well there's something to learn about Jungkook almost everyday.”
 
"Add forgetting cleanliness to that list.”
 
"Ahh okay okay I'll go brush my teeth now." Jungkook jumped out of his seat and ran to the toilet.
 
"Argh why did I forget?" Jungkook groaned.
 
 
Meanwhile at the table…
 
 
"Jungkook is really forgetful.”
 
"Yeah so much that he forgets how Jimin reminds him to brush his teeth  everyday except for today." Taehyung scoffed.
 
"Really?" They all looked at Jimin, whom nodded.
 
"What are you guys talking about?”
 
"Nothing." Everyone replied simultaneously, leaving Jungkook to raise his eyebrows in suspicion.
 
He took his seat and continued eating.
 
"Argh who got the last piece of chicken?" Yoongi groaned.
 
"Me." Jimin smiled cheekily. 
 
"Jiminie...give it to me please~~~”
 
"Jimin-ah I did aegyo already, just give it to me please???”
 
"Hmm whoever is the cutest here will get the chicken." Jimin challenged.
 
Immediately, Yoongi, Hoseok and Taehyung glared at one another. 
 
Then cute noises were bouncing around the walls of the house.
 
"Shy shy shy~~~" Hoseok followed TWICE's Sana's famous move.
 
"I love you!" Taehyung imitated a toy he got from a fan.
 
"I give up. You know we aren't cute in Jimin's eyes." Yoongi said, rolling his eyes.
 
"Aish...you didn't have to mention it hyung. I thought we had a chance getting the chicken." Taehyung continued.
 
"Duh because Jimin loves-" Suddenly the piece of chicken was stuffed into Hoseok's mouth.
 
"-CHICKEN!!!" Jimin shouted, flustered. His heart was racing and his face was flushed, when his secret was almost revealed. Also when Jungkook was looking at him (in the judging way) with his chopsticks pressed on his bottom lip, dark eyes piercing through his soul, messy bed hair with drips of water on it, which Jimin assumed he washed his face.
 
Then they broke eye contact when they heard Hoseok coughing.
 
"YAH JIMINIE WHY HOSEOKKK~~~" Taehyung whined.
 
"Actually I just realised I have a piece of chicken in my bowl-“
 
"HYUNG PLEASE. I NEED CHICKEN." Taehyung pouted, which then Yoongi gave in and fed him.
 
An indirect kiss.
 
Stop your ing thoughts, Yoongi.
 
And no one noticed the slight frown Jungkook wore on his face. Not even him. 
 
No one brought up the topic why Jimin doesn't want to give Jungkook the extra care or attention.
 
No one other than Jimin knew that he was always finding excuses to stop the furious acceleration in his heart beat that reminded him how Jungkook made him feel that way.
 
Because it was wrong.
 
So wrong.
 
He needs to stop it.
 
 
 
 ~1 week later~
 
It was easier now, for Jimin. Before that it was hard to hold a conversation without feeling like he is breaking down any moment.
 
Now, Jimin talked to him like how he would treat the other members. Normal.
 
That's what people think of him. They think Jimin moved on, but he didn’t.
 
He hangs out with Taehyung, Yoongi and Hoseok more often and only talks to Jungkook when he needs to.
 
Maybe he treated Jungkook worse than other members.
 
Everyone noticed it.
 
Everyone felt the tension. Except for Jimin.
 
Jungkook sighed for the nth time today.
 
Jimin was helping Seokjin out with cooking today.
 
And he was sitting on the couch, watching tv but wasn't paying attention to it.
 
"Hyung what are we going to cook today?”
 
"Hmm I was thinking chicken since Jungkook worked really hard this week-“
 
"Hyung I wanna eat kimchi ramen today. Please~~~”
 
"Fine…" 
 
Jungkook knew Jimin was avoiding him, or probably hated him. That's why he's getting this treatment.
 
It was funny how he actually wanted the attention he used to get from Jimin, the pampering, he compliments, the protection against other hyungs and all.
 
But now, he felt empty.
 
 
 
Jungkook's POV:
 
There it is again. Why is there a feeling inside me eating me up?
 
"Alright 5 minutes break." We split up and everyone headed to sit on the floor.
 
I saw Jimin sitting alone beside the mirror wall.
 
Should I ask him?
 
About what?
 
I don't know.
 
I took two bottles of cold mineral water and sat down beside him, passing him one bottle.
 
"Thanks." He panted, struggling to open the bottle. He sighed, passing me the bottle, so I helped him open the cap. He gulped down the water quickly, some water dripping down his skin, his adam apple bobbing up and down.
 
I gulped, turning away.
 
I heard his soft panting, and from the corner of my eyes I saw his sweaty tone muscles, and now-translucent tank top.
 
Stop it Jungkook. Stop getting distracted.
 
"Um hyung?" I received a hum in reply.
 
"I umm...areyouavoidingme?" I rushed the question.
 
"What? Could you repeat that?”
 
 
 
No one's POV:
 
Jimin was trying his hardest to act cool. 
 
He totally wasn't staring at Jungkook who initiated the talk with him and his luscious pink lips he was biting on right now.
 
"A-are you...avoiding me?" He swear the blush painted on Jungkook's face was an illusion.
 
"I'm not." Jimin replied, chugging down water again.
 
"Then why are you treating me this way?”
 
"I...don't get what you mean." Jimin said, eyes darting anywhere except Jungkook.
 
"You do Jimin. I don't know what I did to deserve this treatment. If it's about the headphones thing-“
 
"Alright break's over." Jungkook missed the opportunity to talk to him.
 
 
 
And Jimin made sure to avoid him during their packed dinner.
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
Jungkook sighed against the window of the car. He was cramped at the back with Yoongi.
 
He had both earpieces in place as he looked outside. 
 
Yes he was using earpieces. Because he didn't want Jimin to remember how he flared up at him.
 
That was why the headphones were secured in his drawer, untouched the whole week.
 
 
To: Jamminnn 🍓🍓🍓
 
Hyung
 
 
 
Jimin's phone lit up, and he glanced at it, before looking away.
 
 
 
To: Jamminnn 🍓🍓🍓
 
Hyung I know you can see this
 
 
To: Jungcutie
 
What do you want.
 
 
To: Jamminnn 🍓🍓🍓
 
We need to talk.
 
We'll talk in the room later. Don't avoid me.
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
"HYUNG LEMME SHOWER FIRST!!!" Jimin shouted and he ran into the toilet, locking the door.
 
Jungkook knew Jimin took around 10 minutes to shower, so he sat on the bed, waiting.
 
Planning out what he wanted to say.
 
What he thought about the whole week.
 
Click!
 
The door opened and Jimin entered, eyeing Jungkook once before heading to arrange his stuff.
 
Jungkook cleared his throat.
 
"Umm hyung." A hum in response.
 
"So...I wanted to talk." Another hum.
 
"Could you stop whatever you're doing and ing look at me now?!" That made Jimin pause and sit on his bed hesitantly.
 
"So?”
 
"I'm sorry hyung. I'm sorry for flaring up at you. I should've known you weren't that kind of person to fool around like placing my stuff around the room randomly, much more when you treat me...better. I really reflected this week and I just let my anger get the best of me...and I'm just...really sorry." Jungkook stared at his feet guiltily.
 
"You thought that you misunderstanding me made me avoid you?" That was all Jimin could say after being taken aback by the long string of words Jungkook spilled out of his heart.
 
"Umm yeah?”
 
"You were wrong.”
 
"What do you mean?" Jungkook was confused.
 
"You really don't know do you?" Jimin felt his tears welling up again.
 
Did people really think he moved on so fast?
 
Does Jungkook not realise anything?
 
"I like you. No, scratch that, I LOVE you. What do you think that was all for the past year? I thought, if I tried hard enough you will return the feelings. I guess I was wrong. Perhaps you're even disgusted at my uality.”
 
"J-jimin…"
 
" you Jungkook! you and your inability to notice things, my inability to move on, and my own one-sided feelings! I had enough. I tried moving on and it hurts everytime I see you! Just...get away from my life!" Jimin sobbed, pulling his knees to his chest and hiding his face in it.
 
"I-I..." Jungkook didn't know what to do.
 
"JUNGKOOK-AH YOU CAN BATHE NOW." Taehyung's voice boomed.
 
Jungkook ran out of the room, heaving a sigh of relief once he shut the room door.
 
He was about to head down when he saw Taehyung in the next room, looking at him.
 
He gave a small smile before heading to take a shower. 
 
But no one wondered why Taehyung was in that room. Namjoon and Jin's to be exact.
 
*knock knock*
 
Click!
 
"Jiminie?" Jimin hastily wiped his tears and turned around to face his best friend.
 
"Hi Tae..." He croaked out.
 
Taehyung scooted over to him and pulled him towards his chest.
 
And Jimin broke down.
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
"Better?" Jimin nodded.
 
"Thank you…"
 
"Jimin...I have something to tell you.”
 
 
 
Jungkook's POV:
 
I stood blankly under the shower thinking about what Jimin said to me.
 
He loves me? How could I not know that?
 
Somehow I feel something burning inside of me.
 
Something warm, nerve-wrecking and exciting.
 
Jungkook. He's gay. What's there to be happy about? He's my bandmate!
 
Yet I thought about how cute and hot he could look at times.
 
*slap*
 
"He's your bandmate, Jeon ing Jungkook!" I scolded myself.
 
What the hell am I feeling? Someone answer me please…
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
Moments later I was out, composed and headed towards our room when I realised the door was opened halfway.
 
Strange. Didn't I shut it earlier on? Maybe Jimin left the room. 
 
Jimin…
 
"Better?”
 
"Thank you…"
 
"Jimin, I have something to tell you." Is that...Taehyung-hyung?
 
I peeked inside and saw the backs of Jimin and Taehyung-hyung pressed together, Jimin's head resting on the other's shoulder, while his hand was on Jimin's shoulder.
 
I didn't know my fists were clenched tight until I felt the dull pain in my palms and I found drips of blood forming from the wounds my fingernails made.
 
 
 
 
-----
A/N: Okay first off I’m really extremely sorry for not updating in like forever. I’m going on a hiatus for like a week or two, basically until around 15 October? my exams end on the 13th but i have like a camp on 14 which ends on 15 hehe. And omg 35 subbies you guys are awesome this fanfic is pretty bad i guess. Stick around though! I’m guessing around 3-5 more chapters before I can say it’s done! Meanwhile, leave comments please! (by the way sorry this chapter was supposed to be uploaded on 5th Sept. WAIT 5TH SEPT THATS LIKE ONE MONTH FK IM SORRYGUYSEU.)