18

Practically You

'Earth to Sooyoung!'

A snap in front of my face broke me out of my thoughts. 

'What's gotten into you?', Hyeon said with a full mouth. 

Seohyun scolded her for talking with full and she had to clamp shut. 

'Do you think it's even legal?', I said, my eyebrows furrowing while fiddling the food on my plate with my fork. The only time I stopped  playing with the food and looked at them was when I heard the unanimous sound of 'huh?'

I exhaled deeply, 'Well, I apologized to Siwon'

Tiffany grabbed my arm and spun me towards her. 'For real?', she said too loudly.

The students in the cafeteria all glanced at our table and I had to push Tiffany's head down to hide our faces.

'Keep it down, will ya', I whispered.

She nodded her head absentmindedly. She straightened herself out and continued to talk ignoring the stares other people were giving us.

'Why? I mean, he's basically the person on the bottom of your list.'

I pursed my lips and tried hard not to smile at her description. It was quite exaggerated, but for the first few days, that could have been possible..but still exaggerated.

'Well, I slapped him'

At my revelation, Hyoyeon stopped eating her food and looked at me together with Seohyun who at just this moment took interest to what we were up to. 

'Unnie?'

I gave her a faint smile before nodding my head, confirming all her doubts. 'Yes, I did'

I could see Tiffany and Hyoyeon trying hard not to laugh in disbelief. The dominant feeling they had was still confusion as to why I did that. The stupidness of the whole thing would be given recognition later.

'Okay, tell us the whole thing', Tiffany insisted.

I sighed and told them the encounter I had. They were all regarding me with a blank expression and I was unsure of wether I should go on, but everytime I would stop, Hyoyeon encouraged me to go on.

'But, I didn't do it on purpose. I was just swatting him away', I said after telling the whole thing.

All three of them were silent for a minute. I was anticipating what they had to say. 'What??', I said agitated.

Then, they burst out laughing. I was confused for a moment but then their laughter was contagious so I joined, though akwardly, considering I do not know why I'm laughing.

'Good one! Nice reaction'

'Yeah, what were you thinking? And you apologized!'

'Never heard of before'

I heard them say. I didn't have time to match whose phrase was who, but those were the comments I heard.

'So is that the reason why you've been ditching us lately?', Tiffany said, raising her eyebrows back and forth in a teasing manner.

I groaned loudly. 'Whatever'

'Ahw, C'mon, don't need to hide it'

I ignored them and focused on Seohyun. She smiled at me and told me it was a good thing I apologized.

'You think so?'

She shrugged before answering. 'Well, you were unsure of what he was to do'

I pondered on her words for a second. She was right. I acted without thinking, I mean he hadn't even touch me, his face was just getting closer. What were the odds they'll touch mine. If he had, then maybe that was the time I could've given him a mighty blow.

I nodded my head, agreeing to my thoughts.

'Yow, Sooyoung. What are you nodding your head for? Planning to ditch us again for that guy?' Hyeon said while pointing a finger at Siwon's direction.

I grabbed her hand before someone could see where she was pointing at. It was already hard that they were joining forces to tease me, having someone know who they were forcing me to was another thing.

'I'll get back at you, remember that!', I threatened them.

Hyeon made actions as if she were scared and laughed together with Tiffany. Seohyun rolled her eyes at them and stood up.

'Unnie', she said addressing me, 'Help me, please'

She handed me some books. I raised my eyebrow at her 'Do you always bring this many?', I said while standing up next to her.

'Neh, just now', she said in a matter-of-fact tone.

We didn't bother saying goodbye to the two of them as we made our way out of the cafeteria. But before reaching the doorway we passed by Siwon's table. 

From the looks of it, they seem to be having a good time. As we neared their table Siwon glanced up, when he recognized it was me he waved and smiled which caught some attention.

I didn't wave back because of the books I was carrying. I only gave him a small nod which wasn't even recognizable and continued to walk away.

----------------------------------

I was walking back to class when I passed by Siwon. It seems he was looking for somebody. When he spotted me, he sighed, nodded his head and bent down, putting his hand on his knees to support him.

I edged closer to him. 'You fine?'

He nodded his head while in his crouch position.

'You sure?'

He gave me a thumbs up before straightening up. 'Where'd you go?'

I pointed my thumb to the direction of the library. He nodded his head and smiled while giving himself a facepalm. 'You were carrying books!', he said.

'Uhhh! Yeah.. So?'

'Well, I hadn't thought of that. I mean..the library'

I furrowed my brows at him, not understanding any of the words he just said. He pursed his lips and shook his head and gave me a diminishing wave. 'Nah, forget about that'

I crossed my arms over my chest and tapped my foot, giving him the idea that I wanted to know now. He looked at me unsurely. I stayed in that position, all the while giving him a fierce look.

'Aish, C'mon', he said while scratching the back of his head.

I stayed silent and continued what I was doing. Siwon looked at me from head to toe with a blank expression and walked away.

I raised my arms out in disbelief. 'Whaaaa!' 

Did he just do that? Walk away. I moved my head back and forth, still in disbelief.

'Just when I'd apologize. I feel so stupid now'

Right! I don't know what's with him. I'm cross with him!!! First, we keep bumping into each other and he loathed me for those times, then I started recieving his unwanted attention, then just when I involuntarily apologized to him he starts walking away from me. Is that even normal?

I scratched my head and tried to dismiss him out of my head. Now is not the time to be thinking what the hell is wrong with him. 

Yeah! That's right. Not now, not ever.

==========

guys!!!!! the story. yeah i know, things are happening which you hadn't predicted at all!!! yay me :)))