Huh?

100%

Hansol was on his usual late night browsing again. The boy didn’t really feel like going to sleep yet and the temptation of using his already opened laptop was too strong to resist, even if he didn’t like what he was gonna see there most of the time. After watching tons of videos and a movie or two, he stumbled upon this clip that made him quite uncomfortable. With the dim light from his laptop that illuminated his face, his slightly disturbed and confused expression could be seen. The boy let out a grunt of dismay as he finished the video of a couple doing couple-y things.

“Is this how you fall in love? By kissing and making out?” he whispered to himself as he wondered. He shook his head in disbelief and shut his laptop. “I don’t get it.”

Hansol was confused about everything that had to do something with falling in love. Everyone seemed to do it; they kept falling into that pit called love. What is love? He kept asking that question to himself over and over again. There were times he thought he didn’t care anymore, but it still bothered him. He read various books and articles about it, theoretically explaining how a person could be in love. Some say it’s connected to destiny, some say it’s all about the zodiac signs. Even the position of the stars could tell when and where you’re destined to meet your other half. Of course, he’d never believe such ridiculous explanations. He even watched movies that had romance to at least get an idea of what it felt like. However, nothing makes sense to him. He couldn’t seem to find the right answer.

It was already past 2AM and even if he knew that he’d be looking like a zombie the next day, he still decided to go out and take a walk. He brought his sippy cup filled with warm chocolate milk which made him relax and feel at ease. But even with every sip of that soothing warm milk, his thoughts still kept going back to falling in love. Especially, why he can’t seem to fall in love.

For the past years, he was never attracted to anyone. He wouldn’t really care, he could’ve just dismissed it. But as he grew up he noticed how everyone around him seemed to like another person, even if it was just a little crush. It did not make him feel okay at all. It made him feel a bit out of place.

“I just can’t fall in love.” The boy concluded. “Maybe I wasn’t meant to be in love.”

Hansol felt stupid that he even wastes his time to ponder about something that meant nothing to him. With another sip of his now slightly cold milk, which was still pretty soothing to him, he turned at a corner and saw a kindergarten. A memory suddenly came to him.

 

“Why are you crouching?” A chubby brown haired boy said to the young Hansol.

“I’m hungryyy.” Hansol replied with his hands wrapped around his growling stomach. “I don’t have anything to eeeat.”

“Hmm I have nothing much to give you. But,” the other boy sat with him. “You can have some of my chocolate milk.”

 

Hansol chuckled. "That's how I got to like chocolate milk." he said to himself in amusement. He sure missed those good old days with his best friend back in kindergarten, although he’s pretty much forgotten all about him. He decided to walk to a convenience store nearby to buy some more chocolate milk.

The store looked a bit gloomy and scary with the lights flickering from time to time; it was a setting that could’ve been in a horror movie. But maybe it was just the fact that it was 3AM in the morning and the store was worn out being open 24/7. Nothing was going to stop him from getting his precious milk.

Then he heard someone sobbing.

The boy froze in his spot, ready to run away. He never thought his first horror experience would be this cliché.

“I can’t believe it..” someone suddenly said. Hansol jumped for a second, and then walked cautiously to where the voice came from. As he inched closer to the figure that was slowly getting visible he realized it was just a normal person. A person lying on the ground looking really wasted, that is.

“Hey, are you okay…?” he reluctantly asked the person sprawled across the pavement.

“He’s dead!” the man had said loudly which made Hansol’s eyes widen. “What? Who?!” the boy replied.

“Pikachu.” The man kept sobbing. “Pikachuuuuuuuu come back.”

Hansol wondered if this was a joke or something but he still decided to help this seemingly drunk person. “I’m here to help oka-“ He stopped as he tried to prop up the man by grabbing his nape. The man was hot. Literally. “Woah! You’re burning up. You need some meds.” He quickly grabbed the man’s arm and dragged him to the nearest bench. “Please stay here.”  Hansol rushed into the store and bought some medicine. He quickly ran outside...

…only to find the man gone.

“Well, that was strange.”

 


Oh my gosh I've posted the first chapter idk if it's okay or not but please do leave feedbacks on how I can improve my writing asdfghjkl

Thank you so much for those who subscribed! I really appreciate it. Please anticipate for more VerKwan ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)