Cliche Drama Kiss

Dreaming of Love - Drabbles and One Shot Collection

 

 

Prompt from toxickpop.tumblr.com/post/140712307329/aus


“PRAISE THE HEAVENS. THE GODFORSAKEN EXAM PERIOD IS OVER!” Wen Jing ran out of the campus, jumping and whooping, embarrassing her friends that were with her.

Jihoon was covering his face and was about to walk away, acting like he didn’t know her, until she jumped on him and trapped him in a hug.

“Hoon oppa, we’re finally done!” She swayed side to side with her arms wrapped tightly around him, and beamed up at him.

He sighed when he knew he wouldn’t be able to get out of her hold, and patted her head. “Yes, yes it is. Don’t forget you still have your English lessons.”

Her expression fell immediately and she let go of Jihoon. “Why you gotta remind me when I’m all happy?” She pouted and crossed her arms.

"It's not that bad."

"It is when you're learning Korean at the same time. I am a Chinese person, do you think it's easy to learn two different languages at the same time?" Jing hit his arm lightly.

Jihoon looked over to Junhui who was talking with Soonyoung. "What did she say to me?"

Junhui blinked. Jihoon blinked back before turning back to Jing. “Never mind. Just do your best.”

“Hoon oppa, help me out, will you?” Jing pouted.

“It’s ‘will you help me out’, you fool.” He knocked on her head lightly. “Just send me a message whenever you need me.” he muttered.

Jihoon was like Jing’s second older brother. He always acted like he didn’t like her, but he had the biggest soft spot for her.

Jing beamed brightly, “Thank you!”

They all stopped by Junhui and Jing’s house, Junhui changing quickly and then going back out with the other guys. Jing sent them off, and started on her language homework.

“This, that, that over there… This, that, thatAh, why is there so much words that mean the same in English?” Jing thought out loud, feeling a headache. She reached over to text Jihoon, but then decided not to bother him with something so simple.

Maybe I’m just hangry. I’ll order some pizza.’ She dialed the number for the local pizzeria.

Thank you for calling Pledis Pizza! May I take your order?” A cheerful deep voice answered.

“Hello, I would like a medium deluxe pizza with no peppers and especially mushrooms please!” Jing struggled a bit to remember the words for pepper and mushrooms, hoping she said them right.

Yes, a medium pizza with no peppers and mushrooms? It’ll be about thirty minutes, thank you!

Jing let him know her address and hung up. She made her way into the living room to go make room on the table in front of the TV. She was caught up in a variety show, where one of the hosts were making fun of her favourite idol. When she glanced at the clock and saw that it has been forty minutes, her annoyance grew as her stomach rumbled. As if they have heard her stomach, the bell rang, and she sprung up to go answer it.

“Hello, I’m from Pledis Pizza. Sorry for the wait, there was some problems with our oven.” A boy, who looked about the same age as Jing, informed her. His hair was a nice shade of brown, hidden beneath a cap with the pizzeria logo on it.

Before Jing could ogle him some more, her stomach growled again, and she grabbed the pizza from the boys hands. She opened the box slightly, and frowned immediately when she saw mushrooms, even after she asked for none.  The boy waited patiently for her to pay him for the pizza, but instead she started yelling at him in her native language.

I said I didn’t want peppers or mushrooms! Why is there so many? It looks like whoever made this put more mushrooms on purpose!” She narrowed her eyes at the poor boy. “Why didn’t you check before delivering it to me? Are you sure this is my order and not someone else’s?

The boy apologized sincerely, and called the pizzeria on his own cell. “Hyung, did you give me the right delivery order?”

Yeah, we only had that one delivery order for tonight! No peppers, and definitely mushrooms.” Jing faintly heard the same cheerful deep voice.

“No hyung! She said she wanted no mushrooms either!” The boy panicked a bit, glancing over at Jing worriedly.

What? I thought she definitely wanted more mushrooms…” Suddenly another voice cut the first one off. This one slightly deeper.

I told you! Kim Mingyu, you never listen to me. She sounded like a foreigner, she might not have known the proper grammar!

The first voice yelled back, “I’m sorry! I’d rather give them something extra then not give it at all!”

 While the two deep voices were arguing, Jing calmed down, and the delivery boy was just clueless on what to do. Suddenly, it struck her that she was yelling at him in Chinese but he still understood what she was saying.

I-I’m sorry.” She tested first. The boy looked back at her. “It’s not your fault, it’s not their fault either. My mind was exploding from my language homeworks, and I can understand where he’s coming from. You did nothing wrong, and I’m sorry for yelling at you.” She looked down shyly. “It’s not a big deal, I’ll just peel the mushrooms off. Wait a minute, I’ll go get my wallet.”

While she left for a couple minutes, the boy smiled at how cute she was. He wasn’t scared of her, she reminded him of a little kitten trying to be a tiger. It was especially endearing to him when she apologized in his native language as well. “Hyungs. Hyungs!”

The two on the phone seemed to have stopped arguing to talk to him, “Yeah Minghao? You’re okay right? Customer didn’t chew you out?

“No Wonwoo hyung, I’m okay. She said she’ll kill the mushrooms off.”

I think you mean ‘peel’, Minghao. Well, as long as you’re okay. Now come here, Kim Mingyu!

The phone call got abruptly cut, and Minghao shook his head.

“Um, excuse me?” Jing called out to him quietly.

He turned around and smiled at her.

“H-here you go.” She handed him the amount for the pizza, as well as an extra ten dollars.

“Oh, you gave me extra.” He tried handing it back to her, but she stepped back.

“No, please take it as an apology!”

“You didn’t have to. But…” he trailed off. “You’ll have to let me take you out for coffee.”

Jing was taken aback. “O-Oh. Okay.” She agreed with a shy smile and light blush.

“Let me know when you’re free, you know where to find me. My name’s Minghao.” He turned around as he slowly walked out the door.

“…Jing.” She waved him goodbye and only closed the door when he was out of sight.

She squealed for about five minutes afterwards, before she calmed herself and went to eat her pizza.

A couple hours later, Junhui came home. He asked if she ate yet and how her homework went.

“Ah. I was gonna ask Jihoon oppa something, but then I got hungry and ordered pizza…” She trailed off when she remembered the delivery boy.

“What’s wrong? Was there something wrong with the pizza?” Junhui asked her, making her flush more.

“Don’t tell anyone else, ge. Especially not Jihoon oppa! He’ll laugh at me forever…” Jing pointed out.

“Okay, okay. What happened?”

She told him everything that happened, and she didn’t plan on telling him about how a boy asked her out, but it accidentally slipped out when she got to the part on how he forgave her.

“…He asked you out? After you went off on him?”

“It was by accident!.. But yeah he did.” She tried to shrug casually, but ended up looking more guilty.

“Hm. Where did you say you ordered from again?” Junhui looked like he was thinking.

“Pledis Pizza, why?”

“Aha, nothing. Don’t worry about it, I approve. Someone who can still find you charming after screaming your hangry head off is someone I can trust to take care of you.”

“Ge! You act like we’re going to get married.” Jing huffed and crossed her arms.

He pet her on the head, and shooed her off to get ready for bed.

A few weeks later when Jing just finished a big exam for her English lessons, Jihoon, Junhui, and Soonyoung took her out to celebrate. She forgot about the cute delivery boy since she poured herself in her homework after that day, with Jihoon bugging her about the big exam. Jing didn’t know where they were going, but her laughter with Soonyoung cut short when she saw the big pizzeria sign. She suddenly remembered Minghao and felt immense guilt running through her, thinking if he’s been waiting for her. She shook her head and told her to get over herself.

Junhui actually did tell Jihoon and Soonyoung about her encounter with Pledis Pizza, but decided not to mention the little love-line his little sister got herself into. Soonyoung chuckled when he thought Jing froze because of what she did, and just lightly pushed her in while Junhui held the door open for them.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure they have crazier customers all the time. Ones that are native! Foreigners are probably the most refreshing of the bunch.” Soonyoung beamed reassuringly.

Jing whined. "Ahh, oppas, I almost forgot about that! Why did you bring it up again?" She hid her face in her hands.

The boys led her to a round semi-circle booth in the corner that seemed to fit a big group of people and she didn’t question it since it seemed like the boys came here often. They sat in the middle, Junhui, Jihoon, Soonyoung, and Jing in that order. They were discussing what to order, when the bell at the front door rang to alert someone’s presence. Jing froze again when she heard three familiar voices.

 

“Hyungs! I’m back!” She didn’t catch the face of the owner’s voice as he went behind the counter, but she was pretty sure that accent had to be him.

 

“Oh! Minghao welcome back. How were the customers today?” The cheerful voice greeted him.

 

“Same as usual. Do we have more orders?”

 

“Nope, take a break for now.” The deeper voice answered.

 

Jing was staring intently at the counter while the boys were discussing amongst themselves. Taking off his hat, Minghao finally stepped out in the direction of the table, and he noticed it being occupied.

 

“Oh? Hyungs! What brings you all here?” His eyes quickly scanned them all before landing on Jing. He smiled brightly at her, making her flush.

 

“Hey Minghao! Come eat with us.” Junhui patted the spot next to him, but Minghao slyly slid into the seat next to Jing instead.


“That’s my sister, Wen Jing. You… Might have met her before?” He smirked.

 

“Yes, about a month ago.” Minghao turned to look at Jing but she found the table much more interesting. “I thought you forgot about me.”

 

“I-I was busy with exams.” She muttered.

 

Jihoon and Soonyoung were watching with raised eyebrows. The normally quirky and bright Jing was stuttering in front of a boy. They would assume that she’s still embarrassed by her yelling at Minghao, but they know that she gets over these things quickly.

 

“Are you free now?” He asked, still looking at her.

 

“Y-yes. For the rest of the summer…” She scratched her neck, one of her nervous habits.

 

Protective brother Jihoon had to step in. “Wait.” He pointed at Minghao first. “You were the only delivery boy that day at Pledis Pizza.” He pointed to Jing. “You ordered, and yelled at a delivery boy from Pledis Pizza.” He narrowed his eyes. “Something else happened that night, am I right?”

 

Jing looked at Junhui for help, but he only shrugged.

 

Minghao, not sensing anything wrong, answered him. “She wanted to pay me extra as an apple*, but I said I would treat her to coffee instead. She never called me back though, I’ve just been waiting.” He smiled at her again. “But now she’s here.”

 

Jing flushed. “I didn’t forget you, honestly. I’ve just been busy with homework until now.”

 

Jihoon cut in again, “You were thinking about a boy while studying?!”

 

Jing was about to disagree, but Minghao spoke up. “I thought about you too.”

 

Soonyoung burst out laughing as Jing slumped against him while hiding her completely red face.

 

“Wow Minghao! I didn’t know you were so smooth!”

 

Jihoon was a little grumpy that they were in their own world as he was yelling at them, but Junhui slapped an arm around his shoulder and told him to loosen up.

 

“It’s okay, Jihoon. You know Minghao’s a good guy.”

 

Jihoon sighed, “Fine. I guess so.”

 

Soonyoung somehow got Jing to get back up and made her have a proper conversation with Minghao. The two were talking quietly before Jing nodded, and they both got up.

 

“Where are you going.” Jihoon stated, rather than questioned.

 

“We’re going to Jeonghan hyung’s cafe.” Minghao smiled brightly, as he took Jing’s backpack for her.

 

“Right now?! How dare you, Wen Jing. I never thought I’d see the day-” Soonyoung covered his mouth.

 

“You two kids have fun now!” Soonyoung waved with his free hand.

 

Minghao waved back and put a hand on Jing’s shoulder to walk her out. Jing faintly hearing Jihoon threaten to murder Soonyoung in his sleep.  

 

Jing was shyly walking beside Minghao as his hand was still on her shoulder, guiding her to this Jeonghan’s coffee shop. When she glanced over to look at him, she realized he was still in his uniform and stopped in her tracks.

 

“Wait, you’re still working aren’t you?”

 

“Don’t worry, we actually have two other delivery boys. They don’t work as often since they’re still in school, but at this time they should be free.” He said reassuringly. His hand naturally moved down to hold her waist. Jing found herself relaxing to the touch, rather than getting more flustered.

 

They arrived to the cafe fairly quickly, as it was only a couple blocks away. A nice melody greeted them when Minghao held the door open for Jing, and the smell of freshly baked pastries floated around her.

 

“Welcome!” A boy with cat-like features came to greet them. “Oh! Minghao, long time no see!”

 

“Hello Jisoo hyung! Yeah, sorry, I’ve been busy.” They did a little handshake before Jisoo turned to face Jing.

 

“And who might this be?”

 

Jing bowed, “H-Hi, I’m Wen Jing.”

 

“Hong Jisoo, you can call me Jisoo or Joshua, whatever you’d like.” He smiled and led them to a table close by the counter. “Wen Jing… Are you related to Wen Junhui?”

 

“Yes! He’s my older brother. Do you know him?” Jing asked curiously. She never really got the chance to meet all of her brother’s friends, besides Jihoon and Soonyoung, she’s only heard some stories.

 

“We’re all friends. Everyone here at Carat Cafe, and Pledis Pizza, and also Club SVT.” A long-haired male joined the conversation. “Hi, I’m Jeonghan.”

 

“Nice to meet you! Club SVT… Ah, I think I’ve heard Soonyoung oppa mention that place a few times.” Jing said thoughtfully.

 

“Yeah, Soonyoung goes there the most besides Seungcheol and Dokyeom who work there.” Jeonghan reached out a hand and pet Jing gently. “Any sister of Junhui’s is a sister of ours as well. Feel free to order anything, it’ll be on the house.” He smiled angelically.

 

Jing stared at him for a bit before registering his words. “A-ah! Thank you very much… What do you recommend?”

 

Jeonghan glanced at Minghao first before replying, “I think Minghao can help you with that. I have to go back to work, so just call Jisoo when you’re ready, okay?”

 

“Do you like sweet or savoury things?” Minghao was very eager to get to know Jing a little bit more.

 

They ordered crepes of both, and he ordered two different drinks as well. “We can just share.”

 

They relayed their order to Jisoo and the two started to chat. Jing loosened up and started being her quirky self, making Minghao fall for her a little bit more. In the middle of the conversation, another boy cut in.

 

“Yah, you both are Chinese right? Why don’t you both just speak comfortably?” A slightly chubby boy appeared from the door leading to the kitchen.

 

“Be nice, Seungkwan. There’s nothing wrong with them speaking Korean in Korea.” Jeonghan scolded him.

 

“But it’s so weird listening to them confuse simple words!” Was the last they heard before he was pushed back into the kitchen.

 

Minghao and Jing looked at each other before laughing. They didn’t even realize they were speaking in Korean, their grammar and words probably all wrong. They started talking again, in Chinese this time, and their range of conversation increased. The two didn’t even notice how much time has passed until their phones rang at the same time. Junhui’s name on Minghao’s phone and Jihoon’s name on Jing’s. When they answered at the same time, all they heard was Jihoon’s voice.

 

“Hey!! Do you know what time it is? Why isn’t Jing home yet? Minghao, why aren’t you at Club SVT right now? You two better have a good explanation-” His voice suddenly became distant. Then Junhui and Soonyoung’s voices came on their respective phones, well, Soonyoung on Jihoon’s.

 

“Sorry about him, Minghao. Protective brother instincts. Are you guys still at the cafe?” Junhui asked first.

 

“Yes hyung. Sorry, we didn’t know that much time passed! I’ll bring her home first.” Minghao replied. They talked a bit more before they hung up.

 

On Jing’s side was more teasing than questions. “Our little Jing has grown up!! Don’t have too much fun on your date, you still need to go home, young lady.”

 

“Oppa, please! It’s not a date…” She trailed off. ‘Is it?

 

“Whatever you say! Make sure he takes you home safely! See ya!” Soonyoung hung up.

 

Minghao looked at her while she was pouting at her phone. “Shall we go?” He offered his hand.

 

Jing flushed for the first time since they got to the cafe, when she realized he already took her bag, so she put her hand in his opened one. He gripped it tightly and helped her up before heading out.

 

“Bye Jeonghan hyung, Jisoo hyung, and Seungkwan! We’ll come back soon!” He called back in their direction.

 

The door closed behind them but Jing could clearly hear Seungkwan yelling. “Oh my god! They’re holding hands already! Someone call Junhui hyung!!”

 

Jing covered her face again with her free hand, since Minghao went another step further and laced their fingers together. He tugged it lightly to get her attention, which she peeked at him through her fingers.

 

You don’t mind, do you?” He asked nervously.

 

Jing put her hand down and shook her head with a small smile. She gripped his hand back, and walked ahead of him. Minghao smiling like an idiot behind her.

 

As they made their way home, they continued chatting quietly. Their intertwined hands now freely swinging between them. All too soon, they arrived at her doorstep.

 

“I had a great day today, I’m happy you didn’t forget me. The way to your house is too short… I hope to have our next date soon.” Minghao said, looking in her eyes.

 

Jing tried her best not to break eye contact, “Yeah… Maybe I’ll see you at this time tomorrow?”

 

“It’s a date! I really harmonize you*… See you tomorrow!” He hugged her close for a moment that seemed too short to Jing, and let go before handing her bag back.

 

She nodded back and Minghao waited for her to go inside before he left.  

 

Wait. Harmonize? What? He harmonizes me? What does that mean? I’ll ask Junhui ge later I guess.

 

When Jing was ready for bed, she realized she hadn’t asked for Minghao’s number and slapped her forehead. She shuffled to Junhui’s room and knocked before peeking her head in.

 

Oh Jing, you’re not asleep yet?” He was sitting on his bed reading a book.

 

Not yet, ge. Um. Can you give me Minghao’s number?” She asked shyly as she sat at the feet of his bed.

 

He held back a laugh, “You guys were chatting the whole day but you didn’t get his number? Ahh, must be true love.

 

“Yah!” She slapped his leg in embarrassment. “It didn’t come up… Can you just give it to me?” She pouted.

 

“Okay, okay. Just get it from my phone.”

 

Jing went to his phone, found his number, and texted it to her own phone.
 

“Ah, and ge, Minghao said something before he left, but I didn’t understand.”

 

“What was it?”

 

“He said ‘I really harmonize you.’ What does that mean?”

 

Junhui couldn’t hold back his laugh this time.”Wow, Minghao is really forward.”

 

“What? What does it meaaann?” She whined.

 

“Figure it out yourself, Jing. Consider it as learning more vocabulary.” He pet his head and shooed her away.

 

“Hmph. Fine.” She crossed her arms and went back to her room. She tried translating it to Chinese, back to Korean, and then back to Chinese again. Then tried typing it in different ways in hangul, before she got something that made sense.

 

“‘Like’? He really likes me? Omooo!!” Jing flung herself on the bed and squealed into her pillow, but Junhui still heard it from his room. Suddenly she stopped and sat up. “Wait. No. What if he doesn’t? I yelled at him the first meeting, and we just started talking today. He couldn’t have liked me so fast, right? But what else could he mean? There’s probably another meaning…” Jing brought out all her dictionaries and opened up multiple translating sites to prepare for a long night.

 

Junhui heard everything and just facepalmed to himself before turning off his light and going to bed. The next morning, he woke up and went to check on Jing who passed out on her bed with dictionaries opened around her. He shook his head and tried to wake her up.

 

Joe isTall flower…” she mumbled in her sleep. Junhui shook her awake. She opened her eyes and saw him first thing. She clung to him half-asleep like a koala. “Ge… why are boys so confusing…

 

“It’s not that boys are confusing, Jing, it’s just that you’re a bit slow.” He pet her head.

 

He eventually got her up to get dressed before they met up with Jihoon and Soonyoung again. Soonyoung greeted them cheerfully while Jihoon stood there grumpily with his arms crossed.

 

Jing casually sidled up to them and wrapped her arms tightly around Jihoon in a backhug. “Hoonie oppa~ Don’t be mad! You’ll get wrinkles on your peachy skin if you always frown like this.” She poked his cheeks.

 

He slapped her hands away and grabbed her in a headlock to give her head a noogie instead. “Who says I’m mad, huh?! How dare you ignore your oppas in favour of a boy?”

 

“Ah! I’m sorry! It was just in the heat of the moment and things led to one another! Nothing charming* happened, I’m sorry Hoonie oppa!” Jing tried to use her non-existent aegyo to get out and gain his forgiveness.

 

“‘Charming’? You mean ‘inappropriate’?” Jihoon sighed and loosened his hold. Her weird Korean always got to him more than her aegyo and he can’t resist but to soften up when that happens.

 

Jing got out and quickly ran to hide behind Soonyoung who was chuckling the whole time. “How was the date?”

 

“It wasn’t a date!”

 

Junhui couldn’t resist and decided to . “Then why did he say he harmonizes you when he brought you home?”

 

“I don’t know! That’s why I was working so hard last night! I’m still confused…”

 

Even that made Soonyoung facepalm, while Jihoon’s face darkened in defeat.

 

“You idiot… He said he likes you.” Jihoon muttered but Jing heard him.

 

“...Are you sure? That can’t be, right?” Jing pouted.

 

Soonyoung pulled her into a hug, “And why can’t it be? Our Jing is so cute, he must’ve fell in love with the endless amount of charm you exude!” He ruffled her hair.

 

She huffed in response and tried to change the topic, which worked for now as the boys pulled back on their teasing. Later that day, when she texted Minghao when they should meet, the boys insisted on dropping her off. He was wearing his uniform again, just getting off work to meet with Jing.

 

“Are Hansol and Chan covering for you again while you go off on your date?” Junhui asked him first thing. Minghao only smiled in response.

 

“Minghao.” Soonyoung called out to him. When Minghao looked at him, Soonyoung just gave him a thumbs up, and he returned it.

 

Jihoon was being a little grump again, but he could see the adoration pouring out of Minghao’s eyes when he looks at Jing. He sighed and accepted their blooming relationship.

 

Jing and Minghao went a little bit to the side to get a little space for themselves, but their conversation still in listening range. “Um… I’ve been thinking about what you said last night, but what did you mean, Minghao?”

 

He tilted his head, “What do you mean? I harmonize you?” He repeated with a bright smile.

 

Jihoon choked on his spit, Soonyoung’s jaw dropped, and Junhui was just watching to see what happens.

 

“Yeah, what do you mean by you harmonize me?” Jing tried thinking again but all she got was a headache.

 

Despite his brotherly instincts, Jihoon couldn’t stand the cluelessness. “He likes you, you idiot!” Out of frustration, he pushed Jing, but he didn’t take his strength into account and Minghao caught her in his arms before they fell on the floor.

 

Like a drama, Jing opened her eyes that closed when she fell, and saw Minghao’s face closer than she thought possible. Then she registered something soft pressing back against her lips. She stayed there frozen as Minghao also opened his eyes to stare back at Jing before pulling back.

 

S-Sorry…” Minghao stuttered.

Jing quickly scrambled up and covered with both hands as her face turned the darkest shade of red. All of them could hear her quietly screaming in the back of . Soonyoung pet her head while trying to hold back his laughter. Junhui helped Minghao back up as he was spacing out while his fingers were touching his lips. Jihoon was shocked that he was the cause of this little incident and fell down on all fours, scolding himself.


Apple: Sa-gwa

Apology: Sa-gwa

Harmonize: Jo-hwa

Like: Joh-a

Charming: Bu-jeok-han

Inappropriate: Bu-jeok-dang-han

 

Because Mingbao is a rood lil thing who stole my heart from Jeonghan 3

 (hIS EYES LOOK INTO YOUR SOUL)

I'll be posting a separate link for this because I want to write a little epilogue afterwards :3 inspired by this gif (and I want to end this properly haha)

//waves See you there!