I HAD TOO MUCH COFFEE

The pick-up line guy

 Jin hates Mondays . 

 

 

Monday’s are the worst . You have to wake up early even if you don’t feel like it. Jin had to go to a job that he doesn’t even like that much ( he took accounting because his parent’s wanted him to )  He doesn’t feel attractive today at all . 

 

He feels ugly . 

 

  Jin looked at himself in the mirror and saw that his face was bloated and red . He stepped on the scale and noticed that he had gained a couple of pounds … Thats great news on a monday morning yippee ! He smoothes his hands over his face and hates how the texture of his skin feels. He pinches his nose bridge and tilts his head .

 

It would’ve been much better if his nose was a bit higher …. he wouldn’t  have to worry about his nose looking too big…

 

    Maybe … just maybe he could save enough money for plastic surgery .

 

   Being ugly means that you become a pro at putting on make-up . Jin puts on the BB cream and styles his hair until he thinks he looks presentable. He sighed when he looks at the mirror , looks at his disoriented face and wonders how to cover it up . 

 

 

     Jin is going to live and Jin is going to die . 

 

 

 

Like a normal human being does on a monday morning, jin stops by the nearest cafe to fix his morning coffee rush. because coffee makes every ty thing better . 

 

“ one caramel frappe please” jin says to a unfamiliar face, He must be new here jin thinks to himself. The boy is definitely young and decent looking ( decent is a understatement .. VERY good looking ) The new boy for some reason proceeds to stare at jin with wide eyes without processing jin’s order  until jin got uncomfortable . 

 

What the hell is this guy staring at? 

 

“ Do I have something on my face?” jin asks feeling very self conscious  , wiping around his face out of habit. Maybe the bread crumbs from his breakfast is still lingering on his face.

 

“ Yes” the barista said with the most serious look on his face “ you got beauty left on your face” 

 

Jin stared at this guy with his mouth hanging open 

 

d-did this guy just hit on him ? with that nasty cheesy pick up line ? on a monday morning ?!?

 

The barista went on to making the coffee jin wanted like NOTHING  happened and jin shook his head and went to the pick-up counter to get his coffee. Some other worker handed him order and he rushed to his workplace because he was kind of late.

 

   He finally was in the office when he got to enjoy the caramel frappe he bought . He brought the cup in to his mouth and let the sweet and bitter liquid pour in to his soulless life when he saw something written in black marker 

 

To beautiful stranger <3 

 

  You took my breath away , no literary … i need your name and your heart  for insurance purposes

 

 

Jin chocked on his caramel frappe and almost died .

 

What the ?!?!?! 

 

   but Jin smiled to himself and looks over his shoulder and sees a mirror of a shop . He looks at himself and he thinks yeah I think I look okay today

 

 

 

 

 

    Next day jin went to the coffee shop and remembered to tell the barista  that his name was Kim seokjin and the barista broke in to an adorable boxy grin and introduced himself as Kim taehyung . Jin thought that it would somehow put an end to all this stupid pick-up line scenario but boy he was so wrong . 

 

everything seemed normal about the cute barista  until Jin saw this   written  on jin’s cup in return

 

To jin <3 

  you’re a Kim 

  and I am a Kim 

  Wanna put a ring ? 

 

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

 

 

“ Its ing hilarious!” yoongi erupted in laughter when Jin groaned and hid his face in his hands. 

 

Do you want to know what’s on the MENU ? ” hoseok mimicked  taehyung’s voice “ ME and U !! thats practically genius”

 

“ don’t forget - Is your license suspended ? cause you are driving me crazy” Jimin butts in. 

 

“ what did he write today ?” He nudged jin, who was making himself in to a makeshift ball to hide away from the embarrassment . Jin grunted and have yoongi his coffee cup .

 

“ to jinnie ,  heart emoji ,  heart emoji ..” yoongi reads the coffee cup . “ Are you a Banana ? Because i find you A-peeling

 

 

  Everyone laughed loudly and jin could feel his soul leave his body. Namjoon laughed too hard that he fell of the chair and broke it ( Again! this is the twelfth time!) 

 

This been happening for weeks ,and this is all his friends have been talking about recently. Despite bullying him about his clumsiness , now his friends have this whole pick-up line situation to bully him all day.   Repeating those pickup lines and taunting jin around the office is now their favourite pass time.

 

“ we should go there this evening and check out jin’s admirer” Jimin suggests 

 

“ How about a NO” jin rejects, he doesn’t want them to go there and jin was sure that they are up to know good 

 

“ come on, its not everyday that someone hits on you” hoseok says “ plus i need to find this genius”

 

“ no”

 

“ you will take us to the coffee shop and that would be the end of it” yoongi says sternly “or i am deducting your salary”

 

“ boss’s orders hun” jimin says devilishly and jin groans . it to have Min ing Yoongi as your Boss And your stupid best friend… 

 

   but Jin flushes in pink, Jin doesn’t know why but he feels good about himself these couple of weeks. He doesn’t know if the cheesy barista’s declarations about Jin’s beauty has to do anything to do with it but when he looks himself in the mirror …. 

 

 

He doesn’t feel dead inside 

 

 

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

 

 

“ wow , you didn’t tell us that he was ing hot” hoseok says when he sees taehyung from afar. Jin jabs hoseok in the gut .

 

“ I want a caramel frappe” Jin says to the barista and he feels his whole staff behind his back sniggering . Jin braces himself and prays  ‘please don’t say anything weird, please don’t say anything weird’

 

“ did it hurt ?” The orange haired boy asked jin 

 

“ I am sorry ?” Jin was sure he wasn’t hurting anywhere ( ok maybe his head hurts because all of this )

 

“  when you fell from heaven?”

 

   Jin looked at the boy flabbergasted and his staff eroded in laugher. Jin felt his cheeks burn in embarrassment.

 

maybe … maybe this guy thinks it’s funny pick on him. He must think I am ugly and he wants to point it out . maybe I was too dumb to see through the sarcasm … what were you thinking Jin? that he was randomly giving out compliments ?? He probably thinks you look hideous !

 

jin had enough of this madness ! he was sure this taehyung guy is doing this on purpose to make him the laughing stock and his friends have been bullying him about this whole damn day !!!

 

“ no, but  I am pretty sure that scraped my knee crawling back from hell” Jin said before snatching the coffee cup and storming off , leaving his good-for -nothing friends ( are they even friends?) behind .

 

  Taehyung stared at jin’s back disappearing out of the door in awe and felt someone put his arm over his shoulder 

 

“ boy ! that was marvellous !” yoongi exclaimed “ Ive never seen the cool and composed Kim Seokjin this flustered in my life !”

 

“ Do you think he is mad?” taehyung asks jin’s friends 

 

but namjoon only shrugs “ Depends”

 

“ Dude, you are the guy who has been writing those cheesy - pickup lines right? Man , we LOVE you “ jimin said pushing taehyung in to a hug  as if he had seen a celebrity .

 

“ yeah specially your .. baby if i can rearrange the alphabet … i  would put U and I together” 

 

“ and my personal favourite … if I was a chicken I would be pecking you” 

 

 

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

 

Taehyung doesn’t show up to work the next day .

 

 

 or the next day , or the next 

 

 

 

 

    It has been a week since he had seen the younger boy and Jin goes to the coffee shop every day hoping to see the younger’s fresh face and that boxy grin but he doesn’t see the younger. 

 

  Jin doesn’t know why , but jin feels completely empty without the younger’s cheesy remarks , the stares taehyung sends that could bore a hole in jin’s back when he drinks coffee , those cute ( but sickeningly cheesy ) notes that he wrote on his coffee cups

 

At the first few days jin thought that taehyung was probably sick and was taking few days off , and days turned in to weeks and that made jin worry. What if that idiot got himself in to trouble ? worse …. what if he got himself killed ?!!? that kid was ‘that’ reckless 

 

and jimin rushed to jin everyday to get his coffee cup but when he saw no notes written he would sulk and whine “ again hyung? Did you say something mean to him ? gosh jin , he is a good kid”

 

“ yeah thanks Jimin you made me feel 937732927 times guilty than I already feel” 

 

“  but  we want those cheesy pickup lines back so we could tease you” namjoon says chewing on top of his pen “ this is no fun”

 

 

  Jin wondered if he said something bad , the last time he was around the coffee shop when taehyung was around. It was when when his stupid co-workers tagged along with him to . Out of embarrassment , Jin might’ve raised his tone without noticing But jin didn’t mean to sound mean when he snapped at taehyung.

 

     Jin goes to the coffee shop again and feels empty when he see no taehyung. Sometimes he wishes that he could see that boxy smile again and go back to the times that were simpler when taehyung still wrote him those cheesy notes 

 

   Jin finally manned up to go to the counter and ask the guy replacing taehyung where taehyung was.  The guy looks at jin intensely for a minute and widens his eyes as if he recognised Jin 

 

“ I’am jungkook , his best friend … are you perhaps Jin?”

 

“ um yes ?” How the hell does this guy know his name ?

 

“ taehyung had been taking about you non-stop …I think I know about you more than I know about my own family” Jungkook laughed and Jin joined him “  Do you want his number ? you call and ask him that way-“

 

“ YES YES !” jin realised that he was screaming , and he blushes “ i mean… i would love to” jin laughs awkwardly and sighs 

 

“here” jungkook gave jin a number after writing it down on a paper . “ If things doesn’t work out with taehyung , I am always available ” 

 

Taehyung’s friends are just as weird as he is 

 

 

  but Jin thanks jungkook anyway and flies off from the coffee shop forgetting to take  his coffee for the first time in his life 

 

 

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

 

 

 

Okay….

 

 now what ?

 

 

   Jin contemplates whether to call or to not call the younger. Jin finally decide that he should text him instead , because calling him sounded like invading his private space ( jin doesn’t want to look creepy because they practically don’t know each other that much)

 

He opened text and writes 

 

To: Taehyung

from: Jin 

 

I am sorry for snapping at you the other day .. i didn’t mean that

 

 okay what if its not the reason that he quit his job !? you’d be embarrassed 

 

jin erased that message and started over 

 

hey do you wanna hangout? 

 

 TOO FORWARD 

 

   jin erased that message again

 

after hours and hours on contemplating (and googling ) how to start their conversation jin decided to send a simple Hi 

 

 

Jin

 

hi !

 

  jin perked up when he got a reply after a few moments 

 

taehyung 

 

This is the nashvile bank , You squeeze em’ we freeze em’ This is eight balls billy speaking.. how can I assist you today?

 

what the was that ? did he sent this to the wrong number ??

 

Jin

 

um… is this taehyung? 

 

I am jin.. jin from the coffee shop?

 

 taehyung

 

oh holy jin I am sorry 

 

It was a unknown number so I though You were some weird person trying to flirt with me 

 

 

what ?? jin laughed . There are people weirder than you ? 

 

 

  but jin panicked when he saw taehyung calling him back. I JUST WANTED TO TEXT WHY THE HELL ARE YOU CALLING ME I AM NOT READY .OH GOD WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO ? WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO SAY ?? 

 

       HELLO I AM A SOCIALLY AWKWARD PENGUIN AND I LIVE IN ANTARCTICA SO PLEA-

 

jin picks up the phone with fumbling hands “ he-“

 

 

“ Jin ? is this Jin?? Look I am so sorry okay ? I didn’t mean to stare at you on our first day … It was just that you were really pretty- no- you were beautiful, perfect and you looked out of this world .. I am not saying that you are an alien ,, maybe probably you are a alien because there is no way a human being could be this beautiful ….. ugh what i am trying to say is that when you asked me if there is something on your face i realised that i was looking at you for so long …and I said that because I didn’t know how to react and as jungkook says I balls at flirting , specially with attractive  people like you”

 

the younger took a break from his word vomit to breathe 

 

“ and I started to write those stuff on your coffee cup because I didn’t have the balls to talk to you and it made me really really giddy and happy when you read them and smile because I swear when you laugh the angel’s sing !! I thought that this was just a crush but overtime you came around I found myself and looking at you and wondering how it feels to kiss you and- okay that was creepy. No - what I wanted to say is … I am sorry okay , I didn’t know that what I was going was annoying you”

 

There was a long pause after that then jin decided to break the awkward silence 

 

“ I am sorry for snapping at you … I honestly didn’t know how to take your compliments okay ? I  have never met someone like you who was so straightforward and so extroverted and I didn’t know what was your intentions … I though you were making fun of me. I felt ugly all my life and you calling me pretty was weird for me”

 

Ugly ? Jin,  you are the most beautiful person I’ve ever met” Taehyung said before Jin could say anything “ You look like you’ve been carved by the greek gods themselves !! You are so perfect that it physically  hurts me to look at you sometimes !!” 

 

  

“ I miss you” jin forces those words out of his throat that has been stuck with him for days “I miss your dorky smile, your stupid notes.. heck I even miss your stupid pick-up lines” 

 

and taehyung doesn’t reply but Jin continues anyway 

 

“ I like you” Jin feels his cheeks burning up when he murmured that to the phone

 

There was a long pause of silence . 

 

“ I am sorry what?”

 

“ don’t you like me back?” Jin regrets his whole confession now . he only wants to dig his own grave and die. BYE WORLD KILL ME PLEASE 

 

“ YES YES  I DO! I DO TO THE MOON AND BACK - OHMIGAWD AM I DREAMING ?? AM I EVEN ALIVE ?!?”

 

“yes yes you are .. this is real ” jin said chuckling “ see your tomorrow ?”

 

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

 

 

  Jin goes to the coffee shop next day almost skipping because he knows that taheyung is going to be there . He had dressed up… even styled his hair . As jin expects, he sees taheyung in his uniform grinning at him with his boxy smile when jin enters 

 

“ the usual?” taehyung asks 

 

“ mhmm” jin agrees, leaning on to the counter. Jin doesn’t know who they are yet but it sure feels nice to be around taehyung.

 

“ so jinnie …” taehyung asks while pouring the coffee and creamer in to the cup “ do you like raisins ?”

 

Jin scrunched his nose at that “ No , i hate raisins … why?” 

 

 

  taehyung didn’t answer at that question  continued putting a lid on to jin’s coffee cup. Jin shakes his head this kid is sure weird 

 

Taehyung turns around with the hot cup and winks at jin while placing it infant of jin. Jin blushed and turned around the coffee cup and sees ,

 

To jinnie <3 <3

 

  If you don’t like raisins , would you like to go on a date with me?” 

 

Jin laughs and shouts a “yes! I would love to” and walks towards taehyung and hugged him. 

 

      Taehyung took the chance and planted a kiss on top of jin’s lips , He didn’t care about the weird looks he got from customers. Jin squealed and pushed taehyung off and hit his chest lightly . 

 

“ yeah keep looking dorks !” taehyung shouted at a group of people who was staring at them  “ THIS BEAUTIFUL MAN IS MINE AND YOU ALL CAN KEEP ON WATCHING !!!” 

 

Jin want red as a tomato  and covered taehyung’s crack mouth with his hands to stop tahyung from speaking some nonsense. But taehyung managed to take Jin’s hands away and shout 

 

“ AND YOU THERE YOUNG MAN STOP STARING AT MY BOYFRIEND’S BUBBLE .  I KNOW IT LOOKS IRRESISTIBLE AND JUICY BUT DIDNT YOU GET THE NOTICE THAT HE IS MINE?” 

 

“ Oh my god you are so embarrassing… I am leaving ” Jin sneaked his way out of the coffee shop with his hands covering his face .when taehyung made a heart with his hand and shouted “SARANGHAE” when he walked out of the coffee shop.

 

Jin walked out of the coffee shop with a very big smile plastered on his face ( the corners of his mouth hurts from smiling so much) but he couldn’t help it . Taehyung liked him and Jin didn’t even have to try look attractive or dress a certain way . 

 

Taehyung just did … 

 

 

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

 

   Jin went to the office with a happy mode until his co-workers gave him the side eye and decided to interrogate him 

 

 

“ You look unusually happy for a Monday morning “ Yoongi , out of all the people noticed 

 

“ I am not!” Jin felt defensive even though he was sure he was blushing like a MOFO right now 

 

“ yes , you are” namjoon said “ you skipped in to the office like a high school girl and said good morning namjoon-ah~ I thought that i was seeing things”

 

“ tell me tell me tell me” Jimin poked jin’s sides making jin giggle “ something good happened between you and that cute little barista didn’t it ?”

 

  jin blushed and gave jimin the coffee cup he got this morning and jimin read it and shouted 

 

“ GUYS MY BEST FRIEND IS TOTALLY ING THAT CUTE BARISTA “

 

jin wanted to shove a ball of sock down jimin’s  esophagus and bury him in the backyard . Scratch that Jin hate all of them , he is going to bury all of his friends next to jimin… 

 

“ about ing time” yoongi said patting jin’s shoulders and jin feels his cheeks burning up for the nth time 

 

 

 

A/N 

 

based on a prompt i saw on tumbler long ago lol i don’t know where to find the prompter i am sorry.

 

but thanks for reading !!!

 

 Okay I know you probably came for the story and not to know about your stupid little author’s personal life and her stupid rants … but I am going to write the reason I was inspired to write the pickup line guy  . 

 

  Yesterday a very toxic person in my life contacted me and said some really hurtful stuff to me ( she was telling me that I wear too much makeup and I must be ugly under all that foundation and bunch of flaws she saw in my face and body. and some personal stuff . whoa … it was the first time someone had said something like that to me to my face and I was shocked. I didn’t say anything back , I just let her speak out. I was silent the whole time 

 

 and I don’t want to lie was feeling so depressed . I get panic attacks and feel like I can’t breathe when I overthink and I am very weak person ( like I can’t even open a water bottle without getting someone to help … i am not kidding I am a weak XD ) so It’s so suffocating to me and I start shaking uncontrollably . I decided that if I stay inside my room and overthink I am going to die because I needed AIRRR    

 

There is a coffee shop down my street , so I decided to take a walk to it and I got my coffee. I was still feeling down and I was walking back to my house. I saw a middle aged man walking two adorable dogs ( one golden retriever and one Labrador ) The labrador stopped walking and looked at me dead in my eye and BOLTS toward me . I was so close to SCREAM because I was sure it was going to BITE AND KILL ME !!!! 

 

  instead it jumped on me and me . I petted his head and his other friend dog walked up to me and I petted them back and forth. Basically I was surrounded by two cute adorable beings OH MY GOD THE FLUFFY . I practically spent like fifteen minutes petting and talking to the dogs and the dog owner was like “ I don’t know how and why but they love you” and I said “ they are my squad in my past life” the dog owner laughed with me 

 

WHAT DID HUMANS DO TO DESERVE DOGS ?? WE ARE LESSER BEINGS 

 

    I didn’t do anything for the dogs to love me. I didn’t give them a treat or I have never met these dogs before . The dogs saw me and just thought that I needed a hug and gave me so much joy. They just choose me to love me as a human and didn’t calculate how pretty or rich or poor I was . Me, myself and whatever aura , energy I am … was enough .  It’s still bizarre and unexplained to me tho 

 

So the message of the story is , When Jin went to the coffee shop He was grim and hated monday’s  and how he thought he looked ugly but taehyung showed him a random act of kindness that lifted jin’s spirits up ( even though it was a bizarre way) And when taehyung didn’t come to work and Jin stopped getting those corny messages … he understood how much he missed it 

 

bottom line : the smaller things in life makes you much happier in the long run … much more than you give credit for . Sometimes .. yourself is enough for a person to love you .. 

 

sorry for rambling but I hope you understand my intention .

 

just know that I am always here and you can message me , wall post me whenever you feel like you need a friend. You are not alone . 

 

 and sorry if the story is all over the place because i wrote this rushed and I was not planning to write this at all . So this is just word vomit.