Café

Who Knew?

Namjoon yawned, tapping his foot on the ground impatiently as he waited. The three of them had decided to try out the new café and once again, they were late. They were always late and they always had an excuse. His personal favourite so far was that the girl who lived across the street was in her room with the window open. He knew it was a lie. The two were a perfect match for each other and they didn’t realise it.

“Nam-ah!” Said boy let out a relieved sigh. “Sorry we’re late! Yoongi-hyung decided to sleep in again.”

“Maybe if you weren’t such a loud snorer I wouldn’t have stayed up so late,” Yoongi muttered, pushing his hands into his pockets and stopping in front of Namjoon. “So, you ready to go in?”

“No,” he replied, “I thought I would wait here for thirty minutes and get ready once you arrived.”

“Yah!” Hoseok shook his head. “Let’s go already.”

The café was small but it was cosy. There were tables scattered in front of a low stage and in the evenings there were performances of all kinds. Karaoke, bands and even solo singers. “So,” Yoongi muttered, rubbing the back of his head as the three of them took a seat near the back. “Did anyone actually bring any money?”

“Did you seriously forget your wallet?” Namjoon asked.

“No, I just asked because I thought I would pay for everyone.”

“You did, hunh,” Hoseok sighed. “Fine, I’ll pay for you this time, but you’ll owe me for this.”

“I think not.” Yoongi smiled innocently. “You lost a bet, remember?” Hoseok simply cursed, pulling out his wallet to check that he had enough.

“Ladies and gentlemen.” The café fell silent. “Please welcome our first performer group, Suho, Xiumin and Chanyeol!”

The boys watched in silence and once the performance was over, they grinned at each other. “They were great,” Hoseok said.

Namjoon nodded. “Maybe we should try one night.”

“Sure, say in a year’s time when we might forget.”

“What’s wrong, Yoongi?” Hoseok asked, “Stage fright?”

“That’s Yoongi-hyung to you, brat.”

“Who are you calling brat, Hyung?”

“The two of you are like an old married couple,” Namjoon sighed, much to the displeasure of the others.

“Well, if you guys do want to perform,” Hoseok muttered, “We’d probably have to write our names down tonight. They say it gets pretty busy here.”

“But we were about to leave!”

“You’re not getting out of this too easily, hyung.”

Namjoon smirked. “I’ll do it then. Say, a month’s time?” The others nodded. “Alright, meet you outside, then.” With that said he made his way over to the counter, humming softly to himself as he filled out the form and handed it to the clerk. To the clerk who happened to be wearing pink. Who happened to be Seokjin, working in the café. The older took the paper and looked over it, scowling at the page. “That look is unnecessary.”

“I have to work that night.”

“We’re not that bad!”

“After your overshot I doubt your judgement of what is good has improved.”

“Hey look, I said I was sorry, alright?” Namjoon’s statement was only ignored.

“There’s a line forming behind you.” With a huff the younger left suddenly wishing he hadn’t handed in the paper. After all, now he had to perform in front of him.

 

 

--------

 

There is a lot of dialogue in this fic. Yah, sorry. Anywho, feel free to comment or read any of my other stories. Also, you may have noticed, I tend to have varying levels of activeness. Erratic posting, whooo!