What if?

Fighting the Romans

 

Bleh! The crash deleted the chapter! x(

Luckily I had it saved on word! xD

So yeah...re-updated.

For silverseaturtles!

@lovekdramakpopmanga: Thank you so much! (Comment last time that is now deleted. x( ) I'm glad you like the story! Made my day!

 

 

Penelope's POV:

I sighed as Zia came back into the apartment. I guess Donghae called her in the end. I was kindda hoping he needed to ask her a quick question on the phone, not call her all the way back home. She had a study session with L.joe. Why did she leave?

 

Flashback to a couple of minutes ago

I stepped back into the apartment and was glad I had fourth period off every day. All of my classes were advanced and I don't know why I'm trying so hard. I'm going back to Boston in a couple months where my life here didn't even matter. Either that or I'm never going back. Alex has given up completely and has three free periods. It must for her, she should be in college now. Repeating high school is not a great experience. I heard talking and shouting when I got in and looked at the living room. It was a total mess. There were plastic cups and cans of soda everywhere. The TV was on with a game of who-knows-what on pause and seven boys in a dog pile.

Who let these hooligans in?” I shouted towards the bedroom. Alex poked her head outside the door and rolled her eyes at me. I just laughed at her annoyed expression.

Where's the other six?” I asked the dog pile that began to get off of Leeteuk. Man, what did he do this time?

Eunhyuk, Siwon, and Shindong are buying groceries for Alex. She's so scary when she wants to be. Kyuhyun's probably somewhere playing games. Ryeowook and Sungmin are no where to be found.” Heechul said as he fixed his hair. I just nodded in acknowledgment as I went to change into sweats so I could get out of this skirt. I bumped into Donghae on accident after I finished changing.

Watch where you're going.” I teased.

Me? YOU'RE the one who bumped into ME.” He replied, feigning irritation. We both started laughing.

Hey um, Penelope?” He asked me nervously, I immediately stopped laughing.

Yes?” I asked while I eyed him carefully. One can never get TOO careful.

What's Zia's number?” He asked.

Why?” I asked, trying to keep my breath even.

Just cuz.” He said as he shrugged.

O-okay.” I said as I sent him her contact card through a text.

Thanks Penelope!” He beamed as he walked back to the living room. I stood in the hallway still shocked. Did Donghae like Zia?

 

 

 

“Earth to Penelope~! Although I don't why I'm saying that since it practically belongs to you.” I snapped back into the present and found Zia waving her hand in front of my face.

“Ugh, what do you want?” I asked her as I pulled away from her.

“Where's Donghae?” She asked me. I tried to keep a sigh in. I guess my conclusions were true.

“He's in the living room.” I said before getting up from the kitchen table and walking to the bedroom. I slammed the door behind me without meaning to and booted up our laptop.

 

Zia's POV:

 

I was really surprised to see Penelope's face turn so red. She stormed off to the room and slammed the door after her before I could thank her. Did something happen? Whatever. I went to the living room to look for Donghae. That man is going to wish he was never born. I went into the living room and scanned for him before I grabbed him by the back of his shirt and dragged him up.

“Hey, hey! What do you think you're doing??” He asked as he tried to get out of my grip.

 

“Why did you give my number to Kyuhyun?” I hissed through my teeth. Now that kid was gonna call me in the middle of class or something just to get me into trouble.

 

“He said he needed it.” Donghae said with a shrug. Yeah, he needed it so he could end my life!

 

“Thank you so much East Mountain.” I said sarcastically.

 

“The name's East Sea, get it right!” He shouted.

 

“You were born at the West Sea though.” I pointed out and then sighed. “Your mom is such a hopeless romantic.” I said a little louder and everyone in the room heard me.

 

“Zia, you're stupid.” Kangin said as the guys went back to playing their game.

 

“It's funny. Romantic mom. His mom's Aphrodite! Don't you get it?” I asked the rest of them.

“I have to agree with Kangin. Zia, that was stupid.” Alex said as she entered the room with cookies. I grabbed three and ran behind Leeteuk before she could take them out of my hand.

 

“I thought it was funny.” I muttered before I ate my cookie. “Has anyone seen Kyuhyun?” I asked but I didn't get a response. They were all into the TV. Useless group of immature guys. I took out my phone and called him.

 

“Hello? Kyuhyun?” I asked when he picked up.

 

Yeah?” I heard from the other line.

 

“When are you gonna come over? You said you'd teach me Korean today.” I said over the phone. I didn't get a response because he hang up. That kid! Hanging up on me now?? I shuffled into the kitchen to get some water, the whole time cursing in Greek.

 

“That's not a nice thing to say.” I heard from behind me. I looked back and found Kyuhyun leaning against the counter.

 

“Why did you hang up?” I asked as I poured some water into a cup.

 

“Cuz I was right outside the door.” He said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. I didn't reply.

 

“How was school today?” He asked as he followed me to the kitchen table.

 

“Boring. I got scolded at because I wasn't taking notes in English. I drew a voodoo doll of the teacher though.” I replied remembering second period. He chuckled.

 

“So, how much Korean do you know?” He asked me as we sat down.

 

“Close to nothing. I can say hi, VERY badly. There's not much because I've only had two lessons.

 

“Ok, well, we'll fix that soon.” Kyuhyun said.

 

“Half-way” through our lesson I began to regret ever letting Kyunyun teach me Korean. We've been at it for three hours now! I got home at 3 I haven't done anything but learn Korean. I still had to do the assignments in history and physics, but I was making progress. I had learned one of the two counting systems, although I can't remember which one, colors, and foods. Whenever Kyuhyun said a simple sentence to me like “The kimchi is red.” or “Cucumbers are green.” I would be able to understand him fine. I could also write it out. Kyuhyun wouldn't let me eat dinner until I went through the flashcards we made three times without messing up. We filled our plates forty-five minutes after everyone else started dinner. I sat down at Holly's feet in the living room and leaned against her legs. Kyuhyun sat next to me.

 

“You're hopeless. I suggest you pack up and go home soon.” Kyuhyun said playfully as he took a bite of food.

 

“You're just mean. I suggest you try to get rid of the accent of yours before you come back to America.” I said as I stuck my tongue out at him. He feigned a hurt look before scarfing down his dinner and getting more. Donghae came and claimed his spot.

 

“Am I forgiven?” He asked me. I turned my back to him.

 

“No. My life just ended because of your thoughtless actions.” I said as I sighed. I could practically hear his eyes roll as he responded.

 

“You're just being weak, I have to live with him.” He said as if it could make the situation any better. It didn't.

 

“ to be you then.” I stated as I turned around and stuck my tongue out at him. Over his shoulder, Penny was watching us with the eyes of an eagle. Geez the girls grumpy today...probably PMSing or just not enough sleep.

 

Penelope's POV:

 

I watched Donghae give Zia his big puppy eyes. He was rejected when she turned around but she did stick her tongue out at him over her shoulder and he turned around beaming. Well, I better help him out it he likes her, he's gonna need it. I tried to think of something to help drop him some facts about her. Wait! Zia's birthday is on October 8th. Even though it was only half-way through September, it could be an ok time to talk presents. When Zia and Kyuhyun migrated to their little corner to study Korean, I sat down next to Donghae. He glanced at me when he felt the couch sink but looked back at the show playing.

 

“How was your day today?” He asked, eyes still glued to the screen.

 

“Pointless, like any other day we spend here. Why can't we just shoot and leave? That would makes things so much easier.” I mumbled, more to myself since he wasn't listening.

 

“Hmm...” He said still not caring. Hmph! So rude.

 

“I don't know what to get Zia.” I started complaining, unfolding my plan.

 

“Get Zia what?” He asked, still watching the show but someone interested now.

 

“Birthday present.” I mumbled and pretended to be in deep thought.

 

“When's her birthday?” He asked as he turned to face me. I laughed inwardly. I got him.

 

“October eighth.” I replied with a sigh.

 

“That's still a ways off.” He said as he started to face the TV again.

 

“Not really, plus I want to get a present ready that way it'll be GREAT.” I said with another sigh.

 

“Well, what does she like?” He questioned while looking at the TV, not really watching what was going on.

 

“She loves the ocean, for obvious reasons, and cats. She loves the piano. She likes pretty jewelry and clothing but she doesn't really wear it” I started listing. I watched as he nodded his head. “Well, I'm gonna go to sleep. Good night.” I told him as I began to walk into the bedroom. He just nodded his head.

 

I wasn't actually tired but I flopped onto my bunk anyways, Alex was on the computer. She looked up at me but continued to do her research, or play time, or whatever she was doing. I closed my eyes and allowed myself to think of something other than the Romans for once. What if Donghae actually liked Zia? What would I do then? What would Zia do then? Did Zia know this whole time? If so, did she keep shut to spare my feelings? Whatever the case, Donghae was not going to get anywhere with Zia at this rate. He needed a little help, a push over the edge.