FREE

Welcome To Sin City

The clock seems to tick by slower every time it passes number 12. Lee Seokmin — Sophomore, College of Music in the Department of Vocal Music at Seoul National University— tried his best to stay awake for the remaining 15 minutes. He thought it would take forever but the school bell rang like music to his ears and he walked out of the room in a hurry. The promise of spicy Tteokbokki almost at his fingertips, when someone grabbed the hood of his jacket and yanked him aside.

"Ya!" his fight for the right to his hoodie was fruitless so let himself be dragged towards the nearest bench. "Soonyoung-ah" he said when the attacker finally decided to let him go. He didn't even need to turn around, there's only one person in the entire universe who would handle him that ruthless. "Seriously, I'm running out of hoodies to wear damn it" he said as he fixed his jacket.

"Yeah, yeah whatever. I need to tell you something. So you know I was very drunk last night right?" Soonyoung started and Seokmin went ballistic. "YES! I know! I ended up sleeping in someone else's closet because you were too drunk to remember you locked me in there alone. Nothing good ever happened to me when you're drunk!"

"Hey! Chill bro. You're so cute when you're mad" Soonyoung pinched his cheeks and forced him to let out his sunshine smile that everyone loves. "You're always mad at me ever since" he trailed off and let go of his friend's abused cheeks.

"At least you know." Seokmin grabbed his things and started to walk away.

Soonyoung followed and walked beside him. He couldn't blame his friend. The last time he was sooo drunk, Seokmin lost who could've been the love of his life. He thought things would go back to normal when they came home from Vegas but as soon as they landed their feet on their dorm in Seoul, Seokmin's fist landed on his jaw. A fight ensued of course, but it ended when Seungkwan dragged them both by the ear and locked them up in the bathroom. Soonyoung always said that it was just probably a temporary infatuation, that it would never worked out anyway because long distance relationship , but six months after, he could still see the pain in his friend's eyes and it hurts him just as much.

"Yes. I know, that's why I wanted to make it up with you" Soonyoung said when Seokmin was done ordering tteokbokkis for them. "So as I was saying, I was very drunk last night and I ended up waking in someone else's front door. I opened my eyes and saw an angel, and you have a date tonight at the park."

Seokmin choked on his spicy rice cake "Wait. What?"

"Yup. I set you up on a date with the angel who saved my life. I think, it's time for you to take a step forward and move on" Soonyoung looked at his friend and Seokmin did not see any trace of humor on his face, it was something else. Something serious yet hopeful and caring at the same time.

A few hours later Seokmin sat on the edge of his bed holding a piece of sock, the other one already on his left feet. 

"Vernoniiiiiie ~ I'll call you later okay? I have to teach someone how to dress properly" he heard Seungkwan say. He was standing outside the door, FaceTiming with his long distance boyfriend, the blond dude he met in Vegas. At least one of us is happy. He thought.

"Hyung. Seriously that's a sock not a handkerchief, put it on your foot and get your out of here. I already have fifteen missed calls from Soonyoung." Seungkwan said standing in front of him. "I know how you feel about me and Vernon, and I wished some things didn't happen but they did. Maybe it wasn't how your story should go, maybe it was written differently. Maybe today was the start of your story, so please at least just try" the younger one looked at Seokmin with pleading eyes. He's usually sassy, as if everyone annoys him just by being near him but Seungkwan has a heart of glittered gold and he always say what he means.

--

The night air was cold, and Seokmin wished he wore something warmer. He walked towards the place where he usually hangs out with his friends thinking why of all places would Soonyoung set up a date for him there. He was about to just give up and go home when he noticed a painfully familiar silver strands of hair. He whispered a mental apology to whoever he was supposed to meet and walked towards the figure sitting near the river bank.

Heart beating fast, he casually stopped and stood beside the man with the silver hair. Both of them gazing past the river.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Seokmin said. His stomach felt sick with anxiety and something else.

"Do I know you? You look oddly familiar." the silver haired guy said when he noticed him.

"Uhm. Hi I'm Seokmin" the other one replied, offering his hand for a shake.

"I thought so. Do you still remember me, Seokmin?" he smiled at him and Seokmin felt like every color was at its full brightness. His eyes hurt, perhaps from the brightness or maybe from trying to fight back his tears. 

"How would I remember someone if I didn't even know his name?" Seokmin sometimes laughed at the thought of liking someone without even knowing their name, but he must admit, it was one of the reasons why he could never get this man out of his head. It was the mystery of what ifs and whys that pulled him towards the person now standing in front of him.

"Jeonghan." said the man. "My name is Jeonghan."

For the first time in a long time, Seokmin smiled again. A smile brought by happiness not just by some silly joke. A smile that Jeonghan always dreamed about. "Let's go walk" he said.

"The last time we walked, something bad happened so let's sit here instead" Jeonghan said as he pulled out a blanket from his stachel and laid it down on the grass. They sat side by side, close but not too close.

"What are you doing here?" Seokmin asked.

"There was a drunk guy at my front door this morning who suddenly sobered up when he saw me, as if I were a ghost. He then asked me to go here and meet one of his hot friends," he started, but stopped when he saw Seokmin's still confused face. He took a deep breath and continued. "Well, you actually owe your friend a huge thank you cake with sprinkles on top. After the last night we saw each other, I saw my ex-boyfriend, Jisoo. I already felt like the dirtiest person ever who didn't deserve to be loved but I saw him and we talked. He told me I could still change my life. It took me five months to finally decided that I don't want to die as a hooker," Seokmin flinched on the word, "and so with some of the money I saved up, I decided to go home and patch things up with my parents. I'm also taking up Psychology now." he looked at Seokmin after telling his story, not sure what to expect from him, but the other one stayed quiet.

"Thank you." Jeonghan finally said.

"For what?" Seokmin asked.

"For saving me, a fallen angel, from the Sin City"

Seokmin looked at Jeonghan, still trying to convince himself that all of these weren't a dream. He reached for his face and caught Jeonghan's lips between his. He smelled like fabric conditioner and lavender shampoo. He kissed him, slowly and reluctantly at first, but their lips moved faster like a crescendo of notes, until they felt the need for air.

"I think your life is almost perfect now angel, but you still lack something" Seokmin asked while brushing some stray strands of Jeonghan's hair.

"And what would that be?" Jeonghan asked, even though he already knew the answer.

"A boyfriend"

"Know anyone available?"

"Yup, and he'll be kissing you right now"

They kissed again. A kiss full of promises of a better tomorrow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A/N BOO ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHoaaaaa.. This went down to the cheese aisle..