Chapter 4

A Long Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Yifan is gone when Joonmyeon wakes up again.

Joonmyeon jumps out of his bed, grabs his shirt and hastily putting it on before running into the kitchen only to find it empty. He stands in one spot for a moment, hoping to hear anything that might tell him where Yifan's whereabout it, but there was nothing but his heavy breathing and silence. He shakes his head, slowly walking out to the living room and looking around to find any traces of his best friend, but there was none.

Suddenly, he hears a voice coming from the back of his mind telling him that none of this is true. That Yifan was never there in the first place. It causes a shiver down his spine and without wasting any time, he runs back to his room to send a message to Soojung, informing her that he will not come into the office later before hurrying to get dress.

Joonmyeon is speeding to the hospital ten minutes later, and he didn't notice how dark the sky was and how empty the roads seemed to be. He hastily parks the car in the almost empty parking lot and runs through the familiar hallways. Nobody stops him even though there are nurses around, and he throws open the door to room 1209, stopping short when he sees the same figure that was sleeping next to him earlier lying down motionless on the hospital bed.

"N-No, it couldn't be." he gasps, and Joonmyeon finds himself sinking to the floor as his sight begins to blur. "No, it can't be. Y-Yifan... th-this is not true."

"Joonmyeon?"

At first, Joonmyeon couldn't hear the other voice calling his name, too lost in confusion and the burning questions in his head. Only when a hand lands on his right shoulder did he break out of his stupor. He hastily brushes away the tears that had flowed down his cheeks and turn his head around. Joonmyeon's eyes widens when he sees who it was.

"K-Kyungsoo?"

 

 

***

 

 

The clock on the cafeteria wall indicates that it's almost five a.m., but Joonmyeon hardly notices since he's too busy staring at the guy sitting in front of him. Big tired eyes stare back at him and he notes the heart shaped lips that is stretched into a smile directed to him, and Joonmyeon realizes that he really missed that smile. It takes him another second to assure himself that sitting in front of him is indeed Do Kyungsoo, one of the guys which he had lost contact with for the past years.

Kyungsoo looks as handsome and lovely as he did many years ago, although this time Joonmyeon could see how tired he looks because of his work. Still, there is a certain sparkle in his eyes that assures him that it is indeed Kyungsoo in the flesh and that he is doing very well. Despite having no personal contact with the younger all these years, Joonmyeon is well informed about the other who's doing so well in the industry. Joonmyeon is Kyungsoo's self-proclaimed number one fan after all.

Kyungsoo also happens to be Yifan's other frequent visitor at the hospital but with his busy schedule, he usually comes to visit in the wee hours in the morning or the late hours of the night. Joonmyeon certainl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter