Chapter 2: A Random Sunday

Butterfly

Chapter 2: A  Random sunday.

 

 

 

The two went down stairs after a few minutes. They went straight towards the kitchen while teasing each other about those pictures they took earlier. The two stopped teasing each other when they saw Shin cooking some pancakes, other than that, Shin have already prepared other kinds of food for breakfast.

 

 

"Goodmorning, Shin-Oppa" she greeted, making Shin jump a little, startled when Yoonjo greeted him.

 

 

"Goodmorning. Jeez, you almost gave me a heart attack, Shin Yoon Jo" said Shin when he turned around.Yoonjo just giggled and took a sit and started eating.

 

 

"Goodmorning, hyung" said Jin and took a sit beside Yoonjo.

 

 

"What's on your cheek ?" Ask Shin when he notice a small black line on his left cheek, before resuming his cooking.

 

 

"I thought i already wash this ?" He said and rubbed his cheeks, Yoonjo turned to him, she laugh a little.

 

 

"Is it gone ?" he ask to her.

 

 

"Nope, wait here" she said and stand up and went to upstairs.Leaving Shin and Jin in the kitchen.

 

 

"I thought Eomma and Appa are kidding when they said you were here" said Shin as he finish in cooking, and took a sit across Jin.

 

 

"We just arrived the other day" said Jin.

 

 

Shin just nod. "Have you told your Mom about trying out ?" Ask Shin.

 

 

"No, i'm still thinking about it. I doubt Mom will let me play, because of what happen to Jinwoo-hyung"

 

 

"Oh, right. I forgot what happened to Jinwoo"

 

 

"It wasn't that bad what happen to him. Just a dislocate arm"

 

 

"That's painful as hell when the doctor snaps it back"

 

 

"Yeah, he said himself"

 

 

"I'm back" said Yoonjo and took a sit besie Jin and made him turned around to face her. Yoonjo then rubbed Jin's face with some wet tissue.

 

 

"I'm guessing, Yoon draw some random lines on your cheeks. Am i right ?' said Shin.

 

 

"You got it right hyung" said Jin.

 

 

"Tsk, mean girl" said Shin while shaking his head as he took a bite of his pancake while glancing at his sister.

 

 

Yoonjo glare at the two guys after she finishes wiping the eyeliner from Jin's cheek. "Yah, i'm not that mean. Besides Jin enjoyed it too" said Yoonjo as she resume eating her breakfast.

 

 

Shin's eyes lit in amusement. "Omo! Enjoyed what ? What did you two else do ? Jin ?" said Shin. Teasing the two.

 

 

Yoonjo blushed at what her brother just said. "Y-yah!  Watch your words Oppa" she said and glared at her brother, who chuckled.

 

 

"What ?? I just ask what else you two did" said Shin with a sly smile in his face. Yoonjo just keep glaring at her brother while eating.

 

 

"See ? Jin doesn't even react" he said and looked at the guy across him whose focus is on his food.

 

 

"We just took pictures hyung" said Jin.

 

 

Yoonjo shook her head. "Don't mind, Oppa. What time did you came home Oppa ?"

 

 

"12" Shin chuckled before he answered shortly. Yoonjo just nod her head. "Do you guys have plans have for today ?" ask Shin as he looked at the younger two.

 

 

"Nope" said Jin after he finishes eating breakfast. Yoonjo looked at him, before looking at her brother. "Yes" she said.

 

 

"Wait, we do ?"  said Jin in confusion.Yoonjo smacked him on the chest. "Ouch, what ?" he sulked.

 

 

Shin chuckled. "Come on, Yoon. You're hurting your precious best friend" said Shin.

 

 

"Yah. Don't tell me you forget" said Yoonjo while glaring at Jin.

 

 

Jin looked at her confuse. "Forget what ?" He ask. The girl pout and stand up from her seat.

 

 

"Aish, talk to me when you figured out" she said with sigh and took her plate and bring it to the sink, before leaving the two guys dumbfounded.

 

 

"I'll be at my room" she said in a monotone voice and went upstairs.

 

 

"Looks like you forgot something very important today. You better figure it out or she'll throw tantrums at us" said Shin to Jin.

 

 

"What did i forget ?" Ask Jin to himself. Shin who started cleaning the table chuckled.

 

 

"Goodluck" he said as he exits to the kitchen, leaving Jin.

 

 

"Aish. Note to self, next time. I'll write a list" he said.

 

 

 

 

It's already 1pm in the afternoon, Jin quitely entered Yoonjo's room. He just got back from he's house to take a bath and eat lunch, before going back to Yoonjo's house. He took a deep breath before he sit on the edge of her bed.

 

 

On the other hand Yoonjo knows that her bestfriend is on her room, she pretends that she didn't notice him. She's dissapointed that he forgot their friendship day. She turn up the volume on her phone as she close her eyes and listen to the music.

 

 

She felt that her best friend tapped her arm gently. She didn't budge and ignore him. She opened her eyes when her ear phones got pulled out from her ear. She glare at Jin and tries to grab her earphones but failed. Instead Jin set his target at her phone, he quickly grab it from the girl's grasp.

 

 

"Give it back" she said, she crossed her arms on her chest, glaring at him.

 

 

Jin put her earphones and phone on his pocket. "No. I'll give it back later" he said. Yoonjo sit on her bed and grab a random book ignoring him.

 

 

Jin sigh, seeing the girl has no intention of listening to him. He sit on the edge of the bed.

 

 

"I know you're dissapointed, because i forgot that today is our,... friendship day" he said while glancing at the girl.

 

 

"I'm sorry, Yoon. I didn't mean to forget it. Don't be mad" he said and move closer to her. He heard her sigh as she put down her book and look at him.

 

 

"I'm not mad, just dissapointed" she said.

 

 

Jin smile. "Still, i'm sorry" he said.

 

 

Yoonjo smile, Jin then gave her phone back and her earphone as well  "You're forgiven. Next time don't forget it" she said.

 

 

Jin nodded. "Let's go out ?"

 

 

"Where are we going ?" she asked.

 

 

"Wanna go to the amusement park ?" he ask. Yoonjo smiled widely. "I'd love that" she said.

 

 

"Let's go then" he said and grin.

 

 

 

 

It's 2:30 when they reach the amusement park, since Yoonjo took a long time at changing her clothes making Jin  pout while waiting. Yoonjo flick his forehead causing him to whine at her on their way to the amusement park.

 

 

"It still hurts" said Jin while rubbing his forehead as they walk towards the entrance.

 

 

Yoonjo look at him and went infront of him. "I didn't flick it that hard" she said and help him rub the part where she flicked earlier.

 

 

"Why do you always hurt me" he said and pout. Yoonjo just rolled her eyes. "Yah, it's not like i always flicked your head" she said and lean to kiss him on the forehead. Jin smiled widely.

 

 

"Better ?" She ask.

 

 

"A little. Can you repeat it again ?" He said with a grin.

 

 

"Now you're taking advantage of me. Let's have some fun!!" she said  and chuckled as she grab his hand, dragging him towards their first ride.

 

 

Jin grin and tightened his grip in Yoonjo's hand. He has no plans of letting go of her hand. Even though the girl only sees him as a friend he's still thankful because he's the only person who can witness the girl's personality, beside from their parents.

 

 

The two didn't waste any time and ride half of the amusement park's rides. From riding the Roller Coaster to Gyro Dro, which they argued before riding it, Yoonjo hates surprise rides especially Gyro Drop since the ride slowly climbs up then drops fast. In the end Jin victoriously convinced the girl to ride it, the latter didn't want to ruined their day so she agreed.

 

 

During the ride, Jin was covering his ears because of the latter, whose screaming as their ride drops. After the ride they went towards some benches and took a sit.

 

 

"I think i'm deaf" he said. Yoonjo hit his arm.

 

 

"Yah, i didn't scream that loud" she said and pout. Jin chuckled and pinch her nose. "Yeah right. I'm hungry, let's buy some food" he said.

 

 

Yoonjo shook her head. "You buy us some food, i'm tired" she said. Jin just smiled. "Anything you want me to buy ?" He ask.

 

 

"Whatever you'll be having i'm okay with it" she said.

 

 

"Okaaay"he said and went to the nearest food stall. He took glanceson the girl whose now busy playing with her phone. He smile and turned to the vendor to order their food.

 

 

He look again to Yoonjo's direction, his brows furrowed when he saw her talking to a guy that's standing infront of her. He frown when he figured out who the guy was.

 

 

It was Jin Kidoh, Yoonjo's crush. Yoonjo once confess that she liked Kidoh because he's talented and friendly to everyone he meets.

 

 

*Kidoh. What's he doing here ?*

 

 

He then payed for the food he bought and walk faster to Yoonjo's direction. Yoonjo smiled when she saw him walking towards her.

 

 

The guy turned and smile at Jin when he saw him. "Jin" he said.

 

 

"Hey Kidoh" he greeted and handed Yoonjo's food that he bought. Yoonjo smile at him. "Thank You~" she said.

 

 

"I thought Yoonjo was kidding when she said she's with you. Too bad" said Kidoh.

 

 

"Were just hanging out. What brings you here ?" Ask Jin.

 

 

Kidoh gave a plain smile. "Like you guys, just hanging out with some friends"

 

 

"Oh" said Jin and sitted beside Yoonjo.

 

 

"I'm,.. i was surprised to see you, because i thought you were in Jeju ?" said Yoonjo, her voice sounded happy.

 

 

"Yeah, i was but something came up so,... i went back" he said and smiled at Yoonjo.

 

 

"I heard you tried out in the football team just before the 1st semester end. So did you got in ?" She said.

 

 

"Yeah. I got in. I'll love to stay and chat but i think i'm bothering your bonding time so i'll go ahead first, besides my friends must be waiting for me" he said.

 

 

Yoonjo smiled at Kidoh. "No, it's all right. Right Jin?" she said and turned to Jin .

 

 

"Yeah" said Jin while smiling a little at Yoonjo.

 

 

"Still. I have to go. It's nice to see you two. I'll see you guys at school. Bye, Yoonjo. Jin" said Kidoh.

 

 

"Sure. Bye" said Yoonjo while Jin just nod at Kidoh.

 

 

As Kidoh left, Jin just remained quite, frowning in process as he took a bite of his food. His immediately drops early seeing Yoonjo talking to Kidoh. He can see how obvious Yoonjo is in liking Kidoh.

 

 

"I can't wait for the second semester to start" said Yoonjo, unaware of the latter beside her that's frowning.

 

 

* You just saw him and talk to him just now and now you're excited to go back to school. You didn't even notice that i'm still here*

 

 

"Right Jin ?" said Yoonjo happily, turning to her bestfriend who wasn't listening to her.

 

 

"Jin ?" said Yoonjo while looking at him confuse, seeing how the guy is totally immersed in his thoughts.

 

 

"Jin ?" She called out again.

 

 

*What if he courted you and you say yes. You probably forget me. Aish! Should i confess or not ? Aigoo~ i should've--*

 

 

"Yah! Jin!"  Called out Yoonjo for the third time, breaking Jin's train of thoughts.

 

 

"Huh ? What ?" He said as he look at the girl beside her, whose looking at him worriedly.

 

 

"Are you okay ?" She ask.

 

 

"Y-yeah" he said and scratch his head.

 

 

"Are you sure ? You're acting weird" She said and patted his forehead. "You're not sick though"

 

 

"I'm fine. Where do you wanna go next ?" He ask changing the topic. Yoonjo look at him confuse but then shrugs.

 

 

"Hmm, let's ride the ferris wheel before we go home" she said and continues to eat her food. Jin  just nod and resume eating.

 

 

After eating the two went to the ferris wheel booth to get some tickets, it was a good thing that there are only people. Jin  was still quite as they ride the ferris wheel, Yoonjo notice his quite behavior after their encounter with Kidoh.

 

 

Yoonjo then scoot closer to Jin whose arms cross in his chest. She lean to his shouldermaking him lookat her, she smile making him smile too.

 

 

"It's cold" she said. Jin chuckled at the girl and put his right arm around her shoulders. "Still cold ?" He ask. She shook her head.

 

 

"Are you okay now ?" She ask and look at him, she can see how his expressionchanged. He look at her and smile. "I'm alright, my energy drained after the ride, i think" he said.

 

 

Yoonjo chuckled and pinch his cheek making him pout. "Really ? From what i can see earlier you don't like Kidoh's presence" she said bluntly.

 

 

Jin looked at her with a raise eyebrow. "You noticed huh ?"

 

 

"Of course i did" she said.

 

 

"I thought you were busy staring at him like you're going to melt him" he said.

 

 

"Yah, I wasn't staring at him" she said.

 

 

"Yeah, right" he said. He furrowed his brows when he didn't hear any complain from the girl beside him. He smile when he saw her staring at the view infront of them.

 

 

"It's beautiful isn't ?" He said while looking at her. The latter nodded her head and smile.

 

 

"Yes. It is" she said and turn to face him and smile. "What ?" She said. Jin shook his head before looking at his wrist watch.

 

 

"It's getting late" he said "We should head home".

 

 

"Okaay" she said. Jin smile as he turn his attention to the beautiful view infront of them. He just wish that one day he will able to tell what he really feel for the girl beside him.

 

 

 

 

Jin stops the car as they reach Yoonjo's house. Yoonjo takes off her seat belt while Jin went out first while hiding a gift behind his back, he open the car door for Yoonjo making the girl smile. "Thanks" she said.

 

 

"It's a good thing Uncle and Aunty remove your curfew or else we'd probably getting scolded" said Jin.

 

 

"Yeah, i'm so glad they did" she said and face Jin.

 

 

"Happy Friendship Day to us" he said beforehe took out his presentfor her. "Here" He handed her a box of chocolates that he bake earlier before he went back to her house.

 

 

Yoonjo was surprise to received a present from him, she smiles at him and took the box. "Happy Friendship Day to us. Thank You for this" she said.

 

 

He smiled. "I feel guilty earlier that i forgot our Friendship Day so i made chocolates before i wenthere earlier, as a present" he said while scratching the back of his neck.

 

 

Yoonjo giggled at his explanation. "Saying sorry is enough you know, but still, thank you for this. I have a present for you too, but i can't give it to you yet..." she said.

 

 

Jin's brows furrowed. Yoonjo continues. "I bought it online which is based in U.S, it was supposed to be here but the delievery got delayed. So, for now this will be your gift" she said and lean in to him and cupped his face, Jin was confuse and was about to ask but was stopped when Yoonjo kiss his both cheeks before hugging him.

 

 

Jin smile widely and wrapped his arms around the girl, hugging her tight. "I like this kind of gift" he said. He can feel the girl gigged before pulling out from their hug.

 

 

"I'm glad you like it, but i'm hoping you'll like my real present for you when it arrives" she said and smile.

 

 

"I'm sure i'll love it" he said and smile warmly at his bestfriend.

 

 

"You should get going, it's late" she said. Jin  chuckled and nod. "Goodbye"

 

 

"See you tomorrow" she said and wave her hand at him when he get inside his car and starts the engine, Jin honk his car and drive away.

 

 

Yoonjo smile and went inside her house, while hugging the box of chocolatesthat Jin gave her, just thinking about her bestfriend can make her smile. How lucky she is for having a friend like him.