Chapter 1: Bracelet

Butterfly

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***Present time***

 

(Incheon, South Korea)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Jin's PoV*

 

 

"Mom, i'm going to Yoonjo's" i said to my Mom whose busy typing on her laptop.

 

 

"Okay" said Mom not bothering to look at me.

 

 

My Mom is the best she lets me off easily since i'm the youngest child. I happily hop in my car and drive to go to Yoonjo's house. Yoonjo is my childhood friend, girl best friend in fact. We met in the park when we were kids, i saw her crying because she was lost. I help her to get back and after that we become real close till we grow up. I smile at the thought, we're both in our 2nd year in college this upcoming semestertaking Fine Arts Major in Interior Design.

 

 

I'm lucky to have her as my best friend, but it would  been better if i'll have her as my girlfriend. Yes. I, Kim Seok Jin is in love with her and till now i'm still keeping my feelings as a secret.

 

 

Reaching her house i get out of the car and walk towards the front door.

 

 

 

*Knock*knock*

 

 

The door opened revealing Yoonjo's Mom.

 

 

"Hi, Jin ? You're back already ? What brings you here ?" she ask as Mrs. Shin let me in.

 

 

"Yes Auntie. We just got back last night. Is Yoonjo here ? I got her a souvenir from Japan" i said.

 

 

"That's nice. She's upstairs talking to Ahra" said Mrs. Shin.

 

 

"Thanks Auntie, i'll go upstairs. By the way Auntie, I got you this" i said and gave Auntie a bonsai.

 

 

"Such a thoughtful young man. Thank you"

 

 

"You're welcome, Auntie. I'll go up" i said and went upstairs. Reaching Yoonjo's door. I knock.

 

 

"Who is it ?" i heard she ask.

 

 

"It's Jin" i said.

 

 

"Come in!" i heard she shouted, her voice sounded that she's excited or did i just assumed ? Well, it doesn't matter. She didn't know that i arrived yesterday.

 

 

I opened the door and found her sitting on the edge of her bed with a laptop on her lap. She smiled when she saw me. I closed the door, before sitting beside her.

 

 

"You didn't tell me you're back" she said and closed her laptop and place it behind us, before she look at me.

 

 

"Yeah, i want to surprise my bestfriend" i said and smile. She smack my arm. I just chuckled.

 

 

"I got you this" i said and gave her a rectangular box.

 

 

"Wow, i thought you forgot to buy me a souvenir" she said and slowly opened it.

 

 

"Ofcourse i didn't" i said while looking at her.

 

 

She gasped seeing what's inside. "It's beautiful!" she said and hug me tightly. "Thank you!"

 

 

I smiled and hug her back. I'm contented to see her happy, it makes me feel the same. She parted from the hug and took out the jewelry.

 

 

"It's two ? But where's the other one ?" she ask. I grinned and fold my sweater revealing my wrist.

 

 

"It's a friendship bracelet" she said and smile at me.

 

 

I nodded "Yup, here let me put it in your wrist" i said and put her on the bracelet.

 

 

"It's beautiful. Thank you" she said. I smiled at her. "You're welcome. Your Mom said you were talking to Ahra" i said.

 

 

"Yeah, but she hang up since she's busy" she said.

 

 

"When she's coming back ?" i ask. Ahra is Yoonjo's bestfriend, our friend. She used to live here in Incheon. We were in our 3rd year highschool when her parents decided to move to Busan since her parents work was there and now Ahra is going back here in Incheon to study. We're proud that she's being strong, since her parents died last year because of an accident.

 

 

"I don't know yet. But i'm done submitting her form in the school office" she said and lean back, lying now on her bed. I lie back too, both of us looking at the ceiling.

 

 

"That's good" i said. "I'm glad she got the scholarship,  she won't need to worry how to pay on tuition" she said with i sigh. I looked at her, her eyes closed.

 

 

"You seem tired ?" i said, i saw her smile a little. 

 

 

*Cute*

 

 

She opened her eyes and look at me. "I'm not tired. I'm just not feeling well" she said.

 

 

I patted her head. She has a slight fever. "Does Auntie know ?" i ask and face her side way my arm support my head.

 

 

She shook her head. "It's just a small fever. Besides Eomma and Appa have a business trip, they're leaving tonight i don't want them to worry" she said.

 

 

"How about Shin-Hyung ?"

 

 

"Shin Oppa's is in Jeju. He's coming home tonight"

 

 

"It means you'll  be alone here till Hyung comes back later midnight ?" i said.

 

 

"Yup. There's nothing to worried about, i'm okay" she said and hold my hand.

 

 

"You're my bestfriend ofcourse i'll get worried. I'll stay here till Shin hyung comes back" i said. I won't leave her in her condition.

 

 

"Then you'll come home at that kind of time ? It's very late" she said.

 

 

"I don't wanna leave you like this"

 

 

"And i don't want you to go home that late"

 

 

"Okay, okay. I'll just sleepover here then" i said. She sigh in defeat before nodding.

 

 

"Thanks" she said. "You're welcome" i said.

 

 

"I'll just ask Mom and Auntie for permission" i said and left her on her room before going down stairs, to ask for permission. Well, i really don't have to ask, really since we had sleepover before back when we were kids till we grow up. It's just that i respect my bestfriend a lot and her parents too.

 

 

As i came down stairs i quickly look for auntie. I smiled when i saw Auntie talking to Uncle. I waited for them to finish talking before i interrupt.

 

 

Auntie saw me, she smile. "Jin"

 

 

"Auntie, Uncle" i greeted.

 

 

"Is there something wrong ?" Ask Mrs. Shin

 

 

I shook my head, Uncle Shin smile. "Can i sleepover here ?" I ask.

 

 

"Sure, ofcourse you can" said Mr. Shin.

 

 

"Yes, you can. Shin hasn't arrived yet and were worried to leave her alone" said Mrs. Shin. I smiled and nod. "Thanks, Auntie, Uncle. I'll just text Mom" i said.

 

I excuse myself from Uncle and Auntie to call Mom and ask permission if i can sleepover. I smiled when Mom gave me permission. Fortunately, my Mom like Yoonjo to be my girlfriend that's why she agrees at everything when it has to do with Yoonjo.

 

 

I went upstairs straight to Yoonjo's room. I saw her sleeping in a uncomfortable manner, i approach her bed and gently tapped her shoulder, she opened her eyes sleepyly. "Put your head on the pillow" i said, she then adjust her position.

 

 

"Did you tell Mom ?" She ask.

 

 

I shook my head. "No, but you should tell them later. Okay ?" I said. She smile at me and nod.

 

 

"Drink this, it'll help to get you better before it worsens" i said and gave her the medicine that i have. I always have medicine in my car in case i don't feel well. She took the medicine and drink it, i handed her a glass of water that i brought from the kitchen.

 

 

"Thank you" she said.

 

 

"Take a nap for a while" i said.

 

 

"Sleep with me" she said. I smile and lay beside her. She lean her head on my shoulder and wrapped her arm on my waist, her leg entangled with mine, like a pillow. While i secured my arm on her waist.

 

 

I smile. "Sleep. I'm just here beside you"

 

 

"Thanks Jin" she said and kiss my cheek.

 

 

I just smile. "You're always welcome"

 

 

I saw her smile, i started to hummed a song that perfectly suit her. I feel sleepy after a few minutes making me close my eyes as i joined her dreamland.

 

 

 

*End of PoV*

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jin shot his eyes open, he looked at the sleeping girl beside him whose sleeping soundly, he smile. It would be better if he will always wake up like this, with her sleeping beside him. He patted her head, he sigh in relief. Looks like the medicine he gave helped, her body temperature came back to normal.He glance at the wall clock, telling him it's already 6pm.

 

 

He carefully removed her arm around his waist, but failed when she flinch. She stretch her body before opening her eyes, she smile seeing him. "How long was i asleep ?" She ask.

 

 

"2 hours, i think" said Jin. Yoonjo noticed that Jin looked like he took a nap aswell. "You fall asleep didn't you ?" she said and ruffle his hair.

 

 

"Yeah, i didn't know i was going to fall asleep. Maybe you influence me your sleepness, sleepy head" he said and laugh.

 

 

"Yah, i'm not a sleepy head"

 

 

"Yes, you are"

 

 

"No, i'm not"

 

 

"Yes"

 

 

"No"

 

 

"Yes!"

 

 

"No!"

 

 

"Fine! You're not. Just a Sleeping beauty" he said.

 

 

"Yes,.. Yah! You tricked me!" she said and smack his arm. Jin chuckled.

 

 

Yoonjo pouted. Jin smiled. "How are you feeling ?" he ask.

 

 

"I'm feeling okay now. Thanks to you" she said.

 

 

"That's good. The medicine worked fast"

 

 

"It did" she said. She then stands up and hold Jin's hand pulling him with her. "Hey, where are we going ?" he ask confuse. Yoonjo smiled at him and continues to drag him along.

 

 

"I want to cook dinner for us, for you. As a thank you" she said while they're heading downstairs. Jin smile. "Yes! I hope you cook well" he teased.

 

 

Yoonjo looked at him and glare. "Yah, you're mean" she said.

 

 

He laughed. "I'm just kidding. I'm hungry"

 

 

Yoonjo have cooked dinner for her and Jin, since her parents are leaving they choose to eat while they're in the plane. While Shin, he's gonna arrive late. After eating dinner Jin washes the dishes while Yoonjo stayed with him, whose just beside him, keeping him company as he wash the dishes. As soon as he finish washing the dishes, the two went to the living room to watch t.v. while talking about random stuffs.

 

 

"You sure you'll be fine here ?" ask Mr. Shin to Yoonjo, when her parents are going to leave.

 

 

Yoonjo smile at her Dad and kiss her Dad's cheek. "I'm okay Appa. Besides Jin is here" she said. Mr. Shin chuckled and ruffle her hair. She pouted. " Eomma, Appa ruined my hair" she said.

 

 

"Hon, stop messing your daughter's hair" said Mrs. Shin.

 

 

Mr. Shin just chuckled. "Jin, take care of her for us" said Mrs. Shin. Jin nodded  "Don't worry, Auntie. I'll keep her safe" said Jin.

 

 

"Thank you Jin" said Mrs. Shin. "We'll be going now sweetie, call us if there's a problem. Okay ?"

 

 

"Okay, Eomma" said Yoonjo as she kiss her Mom's cheek.

 

 

"Bye, Uncle. Auntie" said Jin.

 

 

"See you guys. Don't forget to lock the front door when you guys go to sleep" said Mr. Shin.

 

 

"We won't Uncle" said Jin.

 

 

"Have a safe trip" they both said as Yoonjo's parents left. The two continued to watch t.v in the living room. Jin whose sitting, while Yoonjo use his lap as a pillow.

 

 

"What time does Shin-Hyung come home ?" He ask while combing her hair. "Usually he comes late, sometimes a little early"

 

 

"Wow, he has his own schedule" he said.

 

 

"He does. Jin ?" she said.

 

 

"Hm ?"

 

 

"Have you told Auntie about joining in the football team ?" She ask while looking at him.

 

 

Jin look at her, he smiled and pinch her nose. "No, i haven't. I'm still thinking about it"

 

 

"Why ?"

 

 

"Well, you know Mom doesn't want me to join in that kind of contact sport. You know what happened to Jinwoo-hyung right ?" He said.

 

 

"Right, but if you really want to. I can help you to persuade Auntie" she said and smiled innocently.

 

 

"You sure ? Hmm, i have a bad feeling about this" said  Jin and  chuckled.

 

 

"Why ?" She asked hoping Jin won't suspect that she's going to ask for a favor.

 

 

"You're gonna ask me favor are you ?" he said. Yoonjo shook her head and smile innocently as possible.

 

 

"Come on, tell me. I'm right"

 

 

"No~~" she said. Jin smirk and started tickling her, making her laugh. "Hahaha, s-stop. Stop it" she said. Jin stop and chuckled as he looked at the girl laying in his lap, panting a little.

 

 

"Just say it" he said.

 

 

Yoonjo took a deep breath. She smile at him sheepishly and pinch his nose. "Fine. Can we go to the club ?" She ask.

 

 

Jin raise his brow then he pouted. "You know your parents won't approve of you going there. Remember what happened last time ?" he said.

 

 

"I know i know. It's not like were going right now. Not today, i mean some other time"

 

 

The last time they went to the club, Yoonjo had enough of drinks, that she got drunk and random guys started hitting on her after seeing current state. It was a good thing that Jin was there and got her out before they both got into trouble. It ended with Jin carrying a drunk Yoonjo on his back, putting Jin in the hot seat when he returned her home. The next morning both of them got scolded, by Yoonjo and Jin's parents.

 

 

"Auntie won't agree" he said.

 

 

"Let's bring Ahra with us when she lives here in Seoul!"

 

 

"We have no problem in bringing Ahra with us. But Auntie won't agree"

 

 

Yoonjo pouted. "Okay, we'll try to ask Auntie" said Jin.

 

 

"Yes~ thank you! I'll help you out with Auntie, so she'll let you join" She said and lean up to kiss his cheek. Jin was a little surprise by her actions, he blushed.

 

 

"H-hey, i said we'll try, and i'm still thinking about joining" he said.

 

 

Yoonjo smiled sweetly. "I know. I know you can make Mom say yes" she said and yawn. "Also i'm sure you'll join, if that happens i'll cheer for you" she and strectch her legs and yawn again.

 

 

"Sleepy ?"

 

 

She shook her head. "No~~" her eyes closed.

 

 

He chuckled. Yoonjo adjust her position and face the television. Jin sigh, every moment they shared together are priceless. He was surprise when Yoonjo, hold his hand. He's use to it, ever since they were kids. Whenever they're having a sleepover, she will hold his hand as she falls asleep.

 

 

He looked at the girl in his lap, he smile when he saw her already asleep. He tucked a stray hair behind her ear. "You said you're not sleepy, but look at you" he said.

 

 

Jin then carefully lift her head as he stand up and turn off the television. He place his right arm behind her back, while he place his other arm under her legs, lifting her up carrying her in bridalstyle. He carry her upstairs to her room, he carefully put her down on the bed, after laying her down he cover her with some blankets. He lie beside her, he kissed her head before he joined her dreamland. "Goodnight, Yoonniee~"

 

 

 

 

The next morning,...

 

 

 

 

Yoonjo stretch her body as she open her eyes, she looked beside her and saw her bestfriend sleeping soundly, his arm covering his eyes while his other arm is on his stomach. She smile as she stare at her bestfriend's face. She always wonder why Jin didn't have any girlfriend way back and till now. Well he almost have a girlfriend but he said it won't work out for him. She admit that her bestfriend is indeed handsome, and any girl would be lucky to have him as a boyfriend. She couldn't ask for more, she's very lucky to have him even for just bestfriends. She smirk when an idea pop into her mind.

 

 

She carefully got out of bed and went towards her dresser and took out an eyeliner and head back towards her bed carefully. To her luck, Jin  adjust his position, removing his arm from his eyes as he stretch his arms. Yoonjo then carefully approach him, she carefully draw two wavy lines in his both cheeks, and a circle on the tip of his nose. She giggled after seeing what she did, she put down the eyeliner and grab her phone on the table. She turn off the camera sound before taking a picture of him.

 

 

After taking his picture, she quickly lie beside him, pretending that she was still asleep when she saw him starting to wake up. She didn't forget to hide her phone.

 

 

On the other hand, Jin rub his eyes before opening it, he stretch his body before looking at the sleeping girl beside him. He smile, as he look at her. He was about to get out of bed when he notice an eyeliner in the bed. Jin then looked at Yoonjo, who has a smirk in her face, he then started tickling her, making the latter open her eyes as she tries to pry his hands.

 

 

"Hahahaha, it tickles! S-stop" She said while laughing as he continue to attack her.

 

 

"Aha! I knew it, you're awake" he said.

 

 

She laughed. "I-i ...wasn'thahaha"

 

 

"You draw something on my face didn't you ?" He said. Yoonjo continuos to laugh since he didn't stop attacking.

 

 

"Nooo~… s-stop it" she said while trying to pry his hands.

 

 

"You're meeaaan~~" he said.

 

 

"Hahahaha, s-stop, it tick-kles" she said.

 

 

"Say sorry first" he said.

 

 

"Hahahaha, i-i'm, ... haha sorry!" she manage to say between laughing.

 

 

Jin then stopped from tickling her and lie beside the panting girl. Yoonjo smile and took out her phone, browsing to her gallery she chuckled as she look at Jin's photo. Jin moved closer to her to looked at her phone. He pouted when he saw his picture sleeping soundly.

 

 

"Meeaanniiee~" he whined and pinch her nose gently.

 

 

Yoonjo giggled. "You we're so cuteee~" she said. Jin still pouted.

 

 

Yoonjo smile when she think of something to stop the pouting guy beside her. She grab her eyeliner and went to her hair dresser to look in the mirror, she started drawing some wavy lines in her both cheeks and a circle in her nose. While Jin is looking at her confuse.

 

 

"There we're even" said Yoonjo and turned around.

 

 

Jin chuckled seeing what she have done. Yoonjo then lie beside him and took out her phone and pose cutely infront of the camera, she nudge Jin to pose cutely.

 

 

"Smileee~" she said. Jin smile cutely. They took more shots with different expressions. They both laugh after they finish taking silly pictures of them.

 

 

Jin smile and look at his bestfriend. "Pass me those pictures, okay ?" He said. Yoonjo nodded.

 

 

"I'm hungry" said Yoonjo as she sit downs. Jin sits down and look at the wall clock telling him it's 6:27 in the morning.He stands up and pulled his bestfriend up.

 

 

"Go wash up, i'll made the bed" he said. Yoonjo smiled and kissed his cheek before going to the bathroom. Jin smiled.