I : Grothiá

Astéri

Screams and cries surrounds the vicinity as Mingyu's fist crashes down on a face of another thug who thought that it would be a good idea to corner him alone behind the school building. The other thug's companions are now either sprawled on the ground or shakily huffing with heavy bruises scattered across their body.

Mingyu grits his teeth and scrunches his nose, elbowing another one of the small-fry and hitting him on the jaw. 

He is like a ticking time-bomb, every second that passes makes him wilder, more feral, more aggressive-- and when he finally explodes, he will be a monster incapable of stopping and unable to feel any sort of pity towards the other party, because if Mingyu is a star, he burns with the intensity of an inferno, and his flames will devour everything that gets in his way until it becomes non-existent.



Wonwoo is perched at a windowsill located on the fourth floor, a book within his grasp. His attention however, is not at the romantic novel that he is holding, but at the blonde boy below who is busy beating the crap out of some delinquents who he recognized to be fellow third years and a disruption to the peace of the school. He has been watching for about precisely thirty-two minutes, whereas he was looking for a perfect place to read his book and accidentally spotted the clearly one-sided ganging up (or so he thought, but when the said boy flung a body across the lawn, he is convinced that it is actually the opposite.)

He is mesmerized at the way the boy carried himself-- brutal yet elegant, no openings, and no unnecessary movements that will only tire him out. 

"He's good." He mumbles to himself as the boy knees someone on the stomach. "He's used to this."

Another couple of minutes before the thugs who outnumbered the boy are all writhing on the ground, utterly defeated and pride shattered, as the boy stands straighter, the glint of war that is present in his pair of brown eyes still blazing. 'An unsatisfied victor.''  Wonwoo thinks.

He slowly slides out of the windowsill and the boy's instinct must have been extremely outstanding because the boy whips his head so fast at his direction, and before he could fully back out so that he could not be seen, the boy's eyes widen as it squarely levels with Wonwoo's. 

Wonwoo turns his back and walks towards the door in a carefree stride. 'Kim Mingyu, Second Year class A. The school's infamous delinquent rumored to have good looks, and a reputation to pick a fight.'

He closes his eyes and shuts the door firmly. 'This will be annoying.'



"Black hair, brown eyes, about 180 cm tall, fine build and carrying a romance novel book."

"That's most likely Jeon Wonwoo." 

Mingyu squints his eyes, looking at an acquaintance (who insists that they're friends) expectantly. "Jeon Wonwoo? Isn't he.."

His friend (not really), a boy with bleached hair called Kwon Soonyoung, sits on a chair with his legs twisted on the top of his desk, "That's right, he's that famous top-notcher who aced all subjects without a hitch. You can easily recognize him because he's the only guy who caries a romance novel everywhere with him. He's with the student council-- He's the Secretary."

Mingyu responds with a non-committal hum, and Soonyoung raises a brow. "What's with the sudden interest anyway? That's so unlike you; you don't normally fish out information about your opponent, you just beat them senseless without giving a sh*t."

Mingyu snorts, "That's none of your--"

"It is my business, Mingyu. 'Cuz you know, I may look like this but I'm still part of the StuCo and Wonwoo is a buddy of mine." Mingyu curls his hand into a fist.There it is again, Soonyoung's very obvious threat. 

"That guy was watching me fight. I was just curious. Happy now?"

Soonyoung barks out a laugh, "S'good if you're honest all the time, man." Soonyoung then proceeds to haul himself out of his chair and gently slams a hand on Mingyu's desk, "Just a warning though, if you touch him I won't hesitate to turn on you, good friend."

Mingyu clicks his tongue, "We're not friends. What are you still doing here anyway?"

"Don't be so antisocial!" Soonyoung clutches his chest dramatically, "It hurts me everytime when you force yourself to be a loner. And I'm accompanying a friend, duh."

"Go back to your StuCo." Mingyu spits on the ground and briskly walks out, still hearing Soonyoung exclaiming about him being jealous and whatnot. He's heard about Jeon Wonwoo; he'd seen him a couple of times reading a book at the most unconventional places (who reads a book on a branch of a tree nowadays?), he just doesn't bother knowing his name. He was just a stoic, weird guy who had a good face and a bookworm. He had no reason to associate with him nor was his attention caught by him in anyway. Until that one time. 'Soonyoung was like that too. I guess, the Student Council executives doesn't have self perseverance. Normally, people would be running away at full speed because they'd be afraid.'

Mingyu then stops at his tracks, 'Why am I thinking about that guy, anyway? This is so pointless.'



"Wonwoo, we'll be going ahead!" 

Wonwoo nods at his friend, Lee Ji Hoon, before turning back at his work again. He has been scribbling his signature at a stack of papers for hours on end, and the sun is slowly setting as the rays across the horizon becomes fainter. The only ones left on the office is him and the President of the Student Body, Choi Seungchol, who is currently at the same state as him. 

"Urgh!!" Said President abruptly stands up from his swiveling chair and glares at the stack of paper as if he could burn them with his eyes. "I've had enough! This can wait until tomorrow, I'm going home!!" He then forcefully snatches his bag. 

Wonwoo sighs at his superior's disposition, "This is why you are not taken seriously. Are you even trying?"

"Shut up, Wonwoo. I have been a good boy today and stayed at my chair signing those paper works didn't I?"

"The fact that we have to force you to be a good boy itself makes a landslide out of our reputation, President."

"I promise I'll finish it tomorrow." Seungchol claps his hands together, "Please, Wonwoo? Let me go just for today?"

"There's no day that I haven't given in to your selfishness, Seungchol. Now, go away, unlike you, I'm being responsible here."

Seungchol beams at him and looks at him with worship in his gaze, "Thanks Wonwoo, you're the best! I'll bring you a souvenir of our date tomorrow!"

Wonwoo sighs again, "So that was why Jeonghan excused himself so early."



Wonwoo stretches his arms and legs before looking at the clock, '9 p.m.?To think that it was already this late.'

He gathers the papers on his arms and lightly pounds it to the table to equally line them up before placing it on the President's desk. He could already sympathize with Seungchol. He probably has only a fourth of Seungchol's paperworks, because the one he is signing is for the Secretary only, and certainly there are still many members of the Council that have paperworks to be finalized by Seungchol.

He shakes his head slowly before fetching his bag and strapping it across his shoulder. He then turns off the light and saunters on the dark corridor, removing his glasses that sat on his eyes and massaging his temple. 

When he is out of the school building, he receives a text from his brother that he won't be able to drive him home today and he'll have to go by the train. This often happened and he had no room to complain anyway, since it was his little brother who was making time for him despite his busy schedule. 'The station is close anyway, I guess I'll have to walk.'



Mingyu delivers a solar plexus punch to a mob who blocked his way, as the said mob crumples to the ground in pain. Once again, he is surrounded by pathetic low-lives (who he had somehow pissed off but had no idea how because they just started punching him all of a sudden) and once again, he's on the winning side. "Seriously, this is getting old. Don't you have something better to do than beating a high school kid? You're supposed to be adults, why don't you make yourself useful to the society?"

There's still three of them left standing, and two of them have a metal bat. Mingyu snarls at the weapon, 'ing cowards.'

Mob no.1 delivers a straight swift punch as he dodges it by folding his knees and a right punch to the mob's side. One mob down.

Mob no,2 swings the metal bat down at him as he rolls on the ground, his palms on the landing as he did a back kick which hit the mob's head. Two mobs down. Now there's only one--

He could feel a stinging pain on his shoulder as he slides down along the concrete, grasping his shoulder and face contorting in rage. The mob who hit him is now advancing dangerously, his knuckle that is holding the bat turning white. "You brat, how dare you?!"

Mingyu mockingly scoffs, "I should be the one asking that question. You're just supposed to patiently wait for my blows, how dare you."

A vein pops on the mob's head, the bat now dangerously hovering overhead to strike down, "That's it you brat, you're gonna get it!"

'Sh*t, I feel numb. My arm is currently broken, and it's my dominant hand. I'll have to--'

Mingyu blinks as the mob's eyes turns white and he crashes to the ground with a loud thump. Behind the mob is the man that was in his thoughts before he got ambushed, the very same man who was watching him battle it out behind the school building. "Jeon Wonwoo."

"I assume you asked Soonyoung?" Wonwoo looks at him with the very same look he had given him earlier that day, although this time, his gaze holds more interest.

"Why do you care?" Mingyu spats back, not really answering his question. "I didn't ask for help."

"Your arm is broken." 

"So?"

Wonwoo raises a brow at the stubborn junior, observing him and contemplating on what to do with him. After a while, he says, "You should treat it. It's starting to turn purple."

Mingyu winces. He doesn't know if it's because of the mind-numbing pain or the fact that this Wonwoo person is awkward as hell. 'What the hell is with him?'

He barely notices that Wonwoo is now moving away, and only does when the metal bat clatters on the side. Wonwoo is already walking away like he did not just beat a mob to the ground. He looks so casual, it's so hard to suspect that he did something so violent. Wonwoo reminds him of a star that burns in cold fire, with bloodlust so faint but it's there. Mingyu could feel himself chilling, and finds himself astounded when he identifies it to be fear. Fear mixed with excitement. Thrill.

'This is it.' Mingyu's mind screams, 'This is what you have been looking for!'

"Jeon Wonwoo!" He yells, and his raven-haired senior spares him a glance, interest piqued. 

Mingyu is once more surprised at himself. He does not know what to say, heck, he has nothing to say, he just wanted Wonwoo to stay for a while as he figures him out. Which would make him out as a complete weirdo. That is when he lost his rational mouth-to-brain function, and his desperation for an excuse became nonsensical.

"Go out with me!"

Mingyu blinks once. Then twice. 'What the did I just say??! Holy sh*t, Go out? Really, Mingyu, Go out??! Don't you have a better excuse like 'fight me' or your usual sh*t?'

"Sure." 

"What." Mingyu stares up at his senior like he's grown another head.

"I said sure." There is nothing on Wonwoo's face that could give him out, only pure impassiveness, and perhaps a bit amusement.

"Are you--"

"I'm not kidding or fooling around." Wonwoo saunters towards him and bends his upper half (Mingyu realizes by then that he looks so stupid with his knees on the ground, still clutching his arm) so that he can look Mingyu in the eye. A gentle smile then curves his lips upward, and Mingyu found himself heating up. 'What the hell, he's damn cute.'

"Take care of me from now on, Kim Mingyu."



Mingyu slumps on the far wall, quietly sitting with his head buried in his arms. Wonwoo left after his statement, and Mingyu's throat had gone dry at that point. He could only watch as Wonwoo walked away for the second time. He doesn't know if Jeon Wonwoo is serious or not, or maybe he just got pitied because he looks so desperate, but maybe by being together with that man, he can experience that bone-chilling thrill once again. 'That thrill that I lost years ago, as I got progressively stronger.'

He stuck his hand inside his pocket and fished out his phone. He'll have to ask Soonyoung.



Wonwoo stares at the blurry city lights as the train picks up its speed. He answered his Junior "Sure." without a shred of hesitance. He doesn't know where it came, but it would be a good opportunity. 'I could straighten that attitude out while at it.'

He still have a plan to revise.