cherry on top

Cherry on Top
"This is good ,"
 
Mingyu mutters to himself, scooping yet another spoonful of the shaved delicacy he's currently having-red bean bingsoo. As the dessert enters his mouth, he hums contently, savoring the icy sweet treat as he swallows.
 
Ice Ice Baby-despite its cringe-y name, serves good bingsoo after all. He usually doubted places like Ice Ice Baby, where it seems like they put more effort in promoting and building up hype instead of focusing to the shop itself, but Mingyu is proven wrong.The food is good, the atmosphere is good, Mingyu specially likes the bright lights that illuminates the space. Spotlights are hung on the ceiling, projecting colorful lights that hit the plain walls and furniture, turning the simple room into milky way. The only thing mismatched in Mingyu's opinion is Taeyang's heart-wrenching, emotional Eyes, Nose, Lips that is blaring over the speakers, reminding Mingyu of his nonexistent exes when he simply wants to enjoy bingsoo.
 
With Taeyang's falsetto as his background music, he devours the last spoon of his bingsoo, leaving a lone cherry in the middle of his large sized bowl. Cherries are Mingyu's favorite part of bingsoo-or any form of ice cream in general, either shaved ice, soft ice, or even frozen yoghurt. He always saves the berry for the grandeur ending of his eating session.
 
Mingyu his lips as he carefully scoop the cherry into his spoon and slowly brings it up near his mouth. Oh how Mingyu has waited for this moment, the cherry looks ripe and lustrous, in the sensual color of dark crimson, red liquid dripping on its skin and pool on the stainless under it, Mingyu can feel his drool dripping down at the sight of the irresistible fruit, until a voice he knows too well reverberates in his ears.
 
"Hey!"
 
 
At this point Mingyu's jaw already slacks open, revealing his canines in a hyena-like manner and is forced to halt at the sound. Mingyu closes his mouth immediately, and looks around to find the source of the voice.
 
"I'm here, idiot."
 
Mingyu looks down, and he finally realizes it's his cherry that has been calling for him. As if sensing his realization, the red ripe cherry morphs in a surreal way, twisting its round body into a face; carving pair of lazy sharp eyes, pointed nose, and plump lips that look so y and so eerily similar to-
 
"Wonwoo hyung?" Mingyu exclaims, all manliness dissolving into thin air, dropping his spoon and the cherry back into the bowl in exchange of putting both his hands over his mouth.
 
"What the hell," Cherry Wonwoo curses from the high walls of the bingsoo bowl in Jeon Wonwoo of Seventeen's voice, all deep and husky, and definitely capable of shaking Mingyu's heart and that is not good because Mingyu needs to remind himself that it comes from a ing cherry. "can you please not drop me just like that? And I'm not Wonwoo by the way." The cherry sasses Mingyu, using Wonwoo's eyebrows and lips to form a very Wonwoo-like unamused-semi-pout look.
 
Mingyu picks the cherry up again and examines closely. This cherry looks like a red, and much smaller miniature of Wonwoo's face, with Boo Seungkwan's attitude.
 
"So then, who are you?"  Mingyu furrows his eyebrows and squints as he brings the spoon closer to his eyes.
 
"I'm a cherry," Mingyu gives a skeptical-yet-judging-but-curious look at the cherry, "but not just any cherry, Master Kim," it blabbers immediately at Mingyu's knitted eyebrows and folded forehead.
 
"I'm a wish-granting cherry," it finishes and proudly huffs, but since he's using Wonwoo's face it looks more like a snort than anything.
Mingyu finally un-knit his eyebrows and responds back, mischief evident in playful sparkles of his eyes, "Cool, so I can, like wish for anything?"
 
"Three wishes," the cherry speaks up and even without hands, Mingyu strongly believes it wants to hold up three fingers. "I will only grant three wishes, no resurrecting the dead or communicating with spirits."
 
"Okay," Mingyu quickly agrees. As ridiculous this may looks sounds feels, it's not everyday he encounters a talking, let alone genie cherry, and even if this turns out to be a scam, what can a cherry possibly do to harm him? He won't lose anything, in fact, he may even gain something.
 
Mingyu battles with his mind for a few seconds, before voices out, "First, I want to be the richest man in South Korea."
 
At Mingyu's words, the cherry smirks a little as it speaks, "Wish granted!" Puffs of smoke cover the two of them in hues of pale pink, engulfing Mingyu in suffocating breathless atmosphere lacking of oxygen before finally clearing up, leaving Mingyu, well, Mingyu.
 
"Dude, are you for real? I mean I expect wearing gold chains and stepping inside a limo right now," Mingyu protests strongly because in movies or comic books, after the wish of being rich, the character will be sitting on a throne with stacks of money on his sides and ruby-topped crowns on his head. Right now Mingyu is just Mingyu with his feet cold inside his worn out adidas because his socks have holes.
 
The cherry tsk-s audibly, "Ungrateful peasant, check your wallet, and your bank account."
 
Mingyu does as he told, and boy his eyes are dangling out of his sockets.
 
"Holy ," Mingyu observes the content of his wallet, fat with bills worth more than his entire earning for a month and rows of black cards. He then turns his attention to rummaging through his string bag to find his saving book, just to ogle his eyes at the amount of zeros printed on it.
 
This cherry is no joke.
 
"Oh wow, thank you, oh, oh my god, I need to calm down," Mingyu says in English as he continues to caress the faces of the patriots on the money. He still can't believe this is happening, what did he just do in his past life, was he a hero or a martyr because wow, the current him doesn't deserve this.
 
"Enough admiring?" The cherry lifts its Wonwoo Brows and continues impatiently, "hurry up, your next wish!"
 
"I want to be vastly knowledgeable in language,"Mingyu wishes. Being a guy that got in to the group just for his face has its plus, a) He doesn't need to audition b) Just presenting his face is okay

But it also has its minus as the hunger for acknowledgement grows larger every passing time, leaving Mingyu's literary skills challenged. Tough no one pushes him, Mingyu cant help but be jealous of Vernon's creative lyrics and well-timed flow, of S.Coups's witty words and delivery, and of Wonwoo's rhymes and word-per-word enunciation. Sometimes he feels like he's the least talented of them all, with his verses not having enough personality to earn at least 4-bar of their title track.
 
He wants to be recognized, and he realizes he does not have what his peers have, and so he needs to improve. All his hopes go together with the same pink puffs swallowing him. He takes in the choking feeling of his lungs getting knocked out, tough this time he is much more used to the breathlessness.
 
As the smokes clear up, Mingyu feels his brain working in a way it never does before. It's not unpleasant, just new and he needs to adjust with its pace.
 
"Now check out your album, Master Kim," the cherry speaks after what seems like eternity. Flustered Mingyu scrambles the insides of his 20,000 won bag to find Seventeen's Boys Be Album -which he never knows how it got there.
 
He opens the album carefully, skimming through the lyrics printed in glossy paper just to ogle his eyes once more. Neat, cleverly rhymed lyrics with playful reference but still highly personal and intellectual for a teenage pop song sprawled all over his parts, with his name on the credits on every of his rap. Somehow, he gains himself an additional 1.32 minutes to the length of his portion throughout the album, which is impressive.
 
"Wow I-I cant believe this!" Mingyu spreads out the paper on the table. This is really happening, and with that his respect towards the Wonwoo-like Cherry just increases with each passing minute.
 
"I'm glad that you are satisfied, and now for the final wish, what should I grant, Master?" The cherry plays with his Wonwoo Brows enthusiastically, and Mingyu doesn't answer for a good couple of minutes.
 
"Whats taking so long, Master?" The cherry asks, just to meet with a furiously blushing Mingyu.
 
"I-I want to meet my partner for life. oh my god this sounds so cheesy and embarrassing I'm sorry," Mingyu groans and tries his best to cover his reddening cheeks. Call him a hopeless romantic, but he has always dreamt of growing old with someone special and waking up next to them every day, planting a kiss or two on each other, before they cuddle-
 
His imagination is cut short with the loud cherry cackling inhumanly (or incherryly? Mingyu doesn't know), "As expected! Wish granted!"
 
Again pink smokes cover him and the cherry, this time the smoke even more suffocating than the previous two. Mingyu coughs violently, nearly breaking his own throat in halves as he flaps his palms as strong as he could , a vain attempt to clear the smokes. Eventually it dies out, and to Mingyu's confusion, the cherry is nowhere in sight, leaving Mingyu alone, with-
 
"Wonwoo hyung-!" Mingyu is about to reach out to his dear hyung, before jerking back his palms to retract to his own eyes, because JEON ING WONWOO IS WEARING NOTHING BUT KIM MINGYU'S SWEATER ASFGHJDKLL. Peeking through his fingers, he glimpses at Wonwoo, which looks so ethereal, beautiful pink dusting not only his pale cheeks, but is visible all over his slim body- that is only covered in what looks like Mingyu's khaki sweater, that is two sizes larger than Wonwoo's, so yes it covers all the important places, including his hands because sweater paws are very important. Mingyu's about to squeal girlishly at the sight of Wonwoo looking so docile yet serene; fox-like eyes that reflects the universe, kissable lips and mile-long legs in creamy white complexion.
 
"Mingyu," Wonwoo calls out in that sultry deep voice of his, stark contrast to his appearance that screams UKE MATERIAL.
 
"Yes, H-Hyung?" Mingyu can feel his nose hot with blood, and cheeks heating cherry red.
 
"Why are you so far, aren't you my partner in life?" Wonwoo says, inching closer shyly to Mingyu.
 
"Um, I, Uh You?" Mingyu blabbers incoherent sentences as in fact his mind is a jumbled mess.
 
"Are you not happy with Wonwoo?" Wonwoo refers himself in third person manner as he pulls out a rather sad smile, dejected aura evident in the corners of his pulled lips.
 
"Uh No, I'm happy, but,"
 
"But...?" Wonwoo trails, this time his smile looks sickly sweet and instead of all the innocence surrounding him, this time there's only depressing hatred. Wonwoo then crawls to Mingyu's lap, his legs brushing with Mingyu's, just separated by the fabric of Mingyu's jeans. Mingyu gulps, by now he's already nosebleeding and is too busy mending his popping veins than Wonwoo's words.
 
"But what Mingyu?" Wonwoo summons a whip out of nowhere, dark aura surrounding Wonwoo's entire being, even with his sugary smile intact. He then lifts it high in the air, eyes dark and Mingyu set loose a high-pitched scream.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

"Mingyu,"

 
"Hey Kim Mingyu,"
 
Mingyu wakes up, cold sweat beading on his forehead. He then sits straight, and takes in his surroundings, the wooden parquet of the dorm, the members' messy chargers tangled in one corner, blankets, TV, shampoo stock for 13 people, and lastly the sight of Wonwoo.
 
While Mingyu is still lying straight on the bed, Wonwoo is sitting down on the bedside, hovering over Mingyu with a worried expression. He looks normal, in Mingyu's opinion, sporting a cherry-patterned sweater that looks Mingyu's, and a snapback, no whip in sight.
 
Mingyu sighs in relieve as he circles his arms around Wonwoo's waist, bringing him to lay down next to him (even when Wonwoo's waist and back are bent in a weird manner, but he settles down comfortably after a few more adjustments).
 
"What's wrong Mingyu?" Wonwoo smiles and slips his arms around Mingyu as the latter buries his head further down Wonwoo's bony shoulder.
 

"Nothing's wrong, just don't wear that again,"


a/n: /screeches/ 2k of puke :'v yandere!wonwoo is probably one of my favorite wonwoos like mostly he is potrayed as tsundere, but believe me, yandere wonwoo is also good hahaha. anyway thanks a lot for reading!

fyi uke means bottom/the girl in a relationship