Day II: Warming

The Sun King

"I apologize for my rude departure this morning." Changmin stands, head bowed, hands clasped, in front of Yunho.

Yunho shows a small, polite smile. "No need. I admit that my request was a bit... strange. Anyway, I planned to go to the zoo today, but unfortunately, there seems to be bad weather."

'Bad' is undermining it, Changmin thinks. He knows just how bad his power can be, but he didn't really mean to trouble everyone with five feet of snow and counting.

"I see," is the only thing he says. "What does Your Majesty suggest in this case?"

"Call me Yunho." Said king waves off the title and turns toward the richly decorated hallway. "Let's tour the palace."

In the hours that follow, Changmin learns about many of Yunho's relatives and how apparently annoying they are.

"Eunji cannot stop talking about herself and how successful she is," he complains, pointing to a portrait of a pretty girl. "It's just because she can sing, so she got accepted into the Royal School of Music in Rosya. Everyone absolutely loves her, but I cannot stand her."

Changmin hides a smile. "Sounds interesting. I didn't know that you had so many relatives."

Yunho gives him a look. "Oh no, Shim Changmin, this includes the dukes, duchesses, and the like. I'm just forced to admit them as family because my parents wanted me to marry Eunji. Hell, I'd rather die than do that."

"Past tense?" Changmin asks, confused. "I thought marriage agreements were, uh, permanent."

Yunho waves a hand. "My father died, and my mother cannot decide everything. I am unbetrothed and hope to stay that way."

Changmin smiles politely, nodding, and follows Yunho to listen to the faults of yet another 'relative.'

Suddenly, Yunho spins around, red cloak flying. Changmin is shocked into retreating a step.

"Is there anyone your parents wanted you to marry? Or still do, for that matter?" Yunho asks, eyes sharp. "I told you my story, so please trust me enough to tell me yours."

Changmin pauses. "Ah, I see. Thank you for your trust, Yunho. Indeed there is. Her name is Song Qian, from Xiang. We immediately hit it off, but only as friends. She knows what I'm thinking, and I like to talk to her. Our parents, however, do not understand that there is no love. I am supposed to marry her in a month."

Yunho's eyes dim imperceptibly. "I see. Well, I wish you the best of luck in not marrying her," he says with a smile, the twinkle back in his eyes.


SORRRRY FOR NOT UPDATING AHHHHHHH I sorta ran out of data but yes I am back!