U is for Udon

The Alphabet of INFINITE

 

Udon:

(In Japanese cooking) Wheat pasta made in thick strips.

∞∞∞

Featuring: You and Kim ‘L’ Myungsoo

∞∞∞

“Order 3, omurice!” You yelled before slapping the order onto the order line. After fixing your bright red apron, you went back to take the orders of the costumers. “Welcome to Paradise. What would you like to eat today?” You asked when you came across a table of seven boys who were waiting for their order.

“Seven udon please!” The one with jet black hair yelled.

“Hell to the no! I want omurice!” One with small eyes interrupted.

“Who the hell said I was ordering for you guys?” The first one shot back.

“Kim Sunggyu! I want Kimbap!” A girlish looking one yelled. “Did you just call me Kim Sunggyu and not add hyung?” “Ohhh! Sunggyu hyung is going to kill you!” “Shut up, Nam Woohyun!” “Yah, do you have a death wish?” “Kim Myungsoo, Lee Sungyeol, Lee Howon, Jang Dongwoo, Nam Woohyun, Kim Sunggyu!” “Yah Lee Sungjong! You have a death wish!”

You stood there, trying to follow who was yelling what. You slightly winced when the girly boy was hit by the boy named Kim Sunggyu. “I’m sorry about that.” Kim Sunggyu turned to you and smiled sweetly, as if he hadn’t just wacked a poor boy smack on the head.

“It’s okay.” You smiled. “What would you like to order today?”

“Can we have 5 orders of omurice, 2 orders of udon, and 1 order of Kimbap?” The boy who was supposedly named Kim Myungsoo finally ordered. The other six boys smiled and turned toward you. You chuckled awkwardly before writing down the orders.

“Order 4, 5 omurice, 2 udon, and 1 Kimbap!” You screamed and slapped the paper on the order line again, shocking the seven boys with your loud voice. After that, you turned around and smiled brightly. “It will be about a twenty to thirty minute wait.”

--

“Damn, did you see that girl? She was hot!” Woohyun his lips and followed you with his eyes.

“Yah, Nam Woohyun. Quit staring at her .” Sunggyu’s eyebrow twitched slightly. Woohyun simply shrugged, earning himself a hard smack on the head. Woohyun winced and turned to Myungsoo and smiled.

“Myungsoo, don’t you think she’s hot as well?” Woohyun nudged him with his elbow. He simply turned away to hide his blushing face. Woohyun smirked knowingly. ‘I guess it’s time for love matcher Nam Woohyun.’

--

“Oh my god! Did you see those seven hotties?” A waitress squealed and jumped around, almost causing the water pitcher in her hand to slip and cause a mess. You stared at the waitress in amusement. Just then, a waiter came walking by. “Oh my god! Those seven guys are now my new role models.” You simply stared at the guy and shook your head.

Sure they were hot and all, but were they really so squeal worthy? Sure, they were as handsome as the idols out there, but that was just their looks. You couldn’t idolize them before you even knew if they had talents or not. They may have just been talentless people with looks. But then again, there were always people like that, and they were idolized like real idols.

You laughed before grabbing their orders and going to their table to pass them out.

--

“Let’s see. 5 omurice.” You passed out the omurice to the 5 who raised their hand. “1 Kimbap.” You laughed when the girly boy raised his hand energetically. “And 2 udon bowls.” Myungsoo raised his hand and you set both bowls in front of him, side by side. “Please eat it well.”

--

“Waiter noona! Water please!” The boy named Sungjong raised his hand when you walked by. You politely walked over to the table and poured him more water.

--

“Excuse me, can I have a fork instead of chopsticks.” The boy named Howon slightly flushed from embarrassment. You smiled and went back to get him a fork.

--

“Waiter-ssi! Can I have some more lemonade?” Woohyun called you over. You quickly ran back to get the pitcher with lemonade in it. Then, you refilled his cup with lemonade.

--

When you were called to their table for the fourth time, you finally started becoming suspicious. “Could you please get us more napkins?” You checked their table and found that there was a whole stack of napkins at the end of the table.  

“It’s okay, you can just tell me what you really need.” You laughed at the boys’ reaction when you figured out their little ‘plan’.

“You see, our friend here.” Woohyun pointed toward the blushing Myungsoo that was beside him. “Thinks you’re cute… Do you think you could, you know, give him your number?” He shamelessly asked, causing you to burst out laughing before walking away.

--

When you finally brought their bill to them you slipped a small piece of paper into the middle of the table and smiled. “Have a nice day. Oh yeah, here’s your leftover udon.” 

---

I don't even know why I used udon. But it's really hard to use a word that starts with U. T.T. Anyways, I hope you like this... wierd (?) one shot. I'm not really happy with it, but... My brain is like... dead -.-

Sorry for any spelling or grammatical errors. I didn't read over this.