O is for Orange

The Alphabet of INFINITE

 

Orange

A round, juicy citrus fruit with a tough, bright reddish-yellow rind.

--

Featuring: You and Woohyun

--

 

“Oppas!” you exclaimed as you walked through the doors of Infinite’s dorm.

“Annyeong!” they yelled back as they walked out of their rooms one by one.

“Oh, and Woohyun.” You smirked as you watched Woohyun’s facial expression change from excited to pouty.

“Hi.” He grumpily replied back, his lower lip jutting out a bit. You chuckled at his pouty face and turned to the rest of Infinite.

“Oppas, what’s up today?” you asked them as they glanced at each other.

“Hey, ummm, can you take Woohyun out today to hang out or something?” Sunggyu asked coolly, yet his eyes were pleading for you to say yes.

“Sure, why?” you looked at them curiously; they were acting extremely unusual today.

“Oh, uh, nothing- no reason- just- you know…” Sunggyu fiddled with his fingers while looking down.

Whatever.’ You shrugged and dragged Woohyun out of the dorm to ‘hang out’.

 

“So, where do you want to go, Woohyun?” you looked up at the boy who was walking next to you.

“Nowhere…” He grumpily replied. ‘Did she forget about my birthday?

“Well then.” You huffed, “I guess we’ll just get some coffee and return back.” You started walking toward the café.

“W-wait..!” Woohyun called.

“What?” you turned around after quickly smirking.

“Let’s go to the… ummm” Woohyun stuttered as he tried to think of a place to go.

“…The café?” you raised a brow at him before turning back around to continue walking.

“Uhh, yeah, that.” Woohyun muttered and hit his head for being so stupid and stuttering.

“You’re such an awkward turtle.” You chuckled to yourself after glancing back just in time to see him hit his own head.

 

“So hyung, how do you think Woohyun is going to confess?” Sungjong raised his hand.

“I call that he’s going to confess after he blows his birthday candles and wished for her to be his!” Sungyeol’s hand instantly popped up.

“I call that he’s going to go macho-Woohyun and tell her to call him oppa and then confess to her…” Sunggyu laughed as his eyes disappeared. “I highly doubt that will happen though…”

The rest of Infinite nodded their heads in agreement.

“I say that he’s probably not going to confess!” Myungsoo lazily raised his hand up as he smirked.

“I AGREE!” everyone screamed once they heard Myungsoo’s bet.

 

“Americano~ Americano~” you sang as you skipped down the road.

Woohyun looked at you weirdly before putting his hands in his pockets and walking behind you.

“Oh look! The café~” you pointed at the café that was in front of you.

“Well, no . I thought it was a bakery.” Woohyun rolled his eyes as he replied sarcastically. ‘Will she remember now that I mentioned a bakery?

“Whooo~ I’m so hungry. Woohyun, will you buy me a slice of cake?”

 Woohyun sighed once he heard your sentence. ‘How can someone be this oblivious?

“Sure, what type of cake?” Woohyun pulled his wallet out of his pocket and turned to look at you.

“Orange!” you your lips at the thought of eating a delicious orange flavored cake.

That’s my favorite flavor!’ he sighed and hoped that the Infinite boys had bought an orange flavored cake for his birthday. “Okay…” he walked up to the counter to buy a slice of orange cake.

“Actually Woohyun, can you buy a whole cake?” you pulled on Woohyun’s hoodie sleeve.

Woohyun sighed and changed his order. ‘First she forgets my birthday, then there’s the fact that she never calls me oppa, and then she buys a whole cake in my favorite flavor and doesn’t even think of me!’

 

“Yah, Lee Sungjong. When are they going to come back?” Sunggyu looked at Sungjong, who was lying on the ground like a cat.

“Hyung, my name isn’t Yah Lee Sungjong!” Sungjong whined as he stretched. “Besides, how am I supposed to know?”

“Call them.” Sunggyu glared at the maknae.

“Hyung, why do you always have to bully me?” Sungjong whined but pulled out his phone to call you.

 

“Hello?” you picked up your phone.

“Hello?” Sungjong asked back.

“Hello?” you asked again.

“Hello?” Sungjong asked yet again.

“Hello?”

“Hello?”

“Hello?”

“Hello?”

“Hello?”

“He- Yah, Lee Sungjong! Stop messing around!” you heard Sunggyu yell in the background.

“Hello?” you asked again.

“Hello?” Sungjong replied.

“LEE SUNGJONG!” you heard Sunggyu yell again.

“Sungjong, what do you need?” you asked while laughing at how you just wasted around 1 minute of your day saying ‘hello’.

“When are you and Woohyun hyung coming back?” Sungjong asked.

“We’re on our way home, why?” you asked.

“Did you get Woohyun hyung to buy the cake?” Sungjong asked again.

“Yeah, but you guys are so cheap! Making him pay for his own cake!” you pouted as you scolded Sungjong.

“Hey, it’s not my fault that Sunggyu hyung is so stingy and everyone else is broke. You don’t expect the maknae to pay, do you?” Sungjong retorted.

“Whatever. Anyways, we’re on the way back. Bye.” You were about to hang up.

“Bye~” Sungjong sang.

“Bye.” You replied back.

“Bye.” Sungjong replied.

“Bye.”

“Bye.”

“Bye.”

“By- LEE SUNGJONG, SHUT UP WITH YOUR BYES AND HANG UP ALREADY!” you heard Sunggyu yell before the line went dead.

“Who was it?” Woohyun appeared with the cake.

“Sungjong, he was asking when we were going to get back.” You replied as you stuffed your phone back in your pocket.

“Tch. That impatient maknae…” Woohyun sighed.

 

“We’re back!” you opened the door to see streamers in all the colors of the rainbow all over the dorm.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY WOOHYUN HYUNG!” Infinite popped out behind the furniture and you handed the cake to Hoya, who quickly opened the packaging and stuck candles in.

“Wait, what?” Woohyun looked around, confused.

“It’s your birthday, so they decorated the dorm while we bought your cake.” You patted Woohyun’s back.

“Wait… So I paid for my own cake?” Woohyun’s eyes widened.

“Pretty much, it must to be you. Your band members are so stingy that you have to pay for your own cake.” You chuckled as you pushed him toward his cake.

“Happy birthday to you~ Happy birthday to you~ Happy birthday dear NAM WOOHYUN, NAMSTAR, NAMU, AEGYOKING, NAMGREASE, BOLMAE~ Happy birthday to you~” everyone sang and rapped all of Woohyun’s nicknames.

Woohyun burst out in tears. “Thanks… everyone…”

“No problem.” Everyone grinned as they lifted the cake up.

SPLAT!

There was now cake all over Woohyun’s face.

Woohyun screamed in shock and then started wiping the cake off his face.

“What a waste of cake.” You sighed as you walked toward him. You then used your finger to wipe some cake off of Woohyun’s face and ate it. “Yummy~” you grinned.

Woohyun’s cheeks turned bright red and Infinite took a picture.

“TWITTER!” they yelled.

Woohyun sighed and laughed in happiness. “I love you guys.”

“Hey! What about me!” you pouted.

“I love you too… No homo!” Woohyun exclaimed.

You nodded in agreement until you realized what he said, “Wait, what?! NAM WOOHYUN!”

Woohyun smiled as he looked back at you. ‘Maybe I’ll confess another day…

 

1 Week Later~

“Yah, I won the bet! You guys owe me 1,000 won, each!” Myungsoo exclaimed after he recalled the bet that was made on Woohyun’s birthday about whether he would confess that day or not.

“What? Hey! That’s way too much!” Infinite whined.

“… Did I miss something?” Woohyun looked at Infinite cluelessly.

-----

Hello~ hehe, this oneshot isn't really cheesy like the other ones. >< Oops. -.- I'm so sorry if you expected it to be cheesy T^T... Well, I guess it's a birthday tribute to Woohyun? XD I tried... I tried.. XD And sorry for any mistakes, I didn't have time to edit it. >.>

Please Comment and Subscribe~

-MochiSaurx