Okay

You Make My Life Colorful

This isn't proofread so enjoy my (more frequent) spelling errors :)))

 


1 year later

"Yoongi-ah. We can't accept this suggestion either," Suga's producer sighed. He dropped the stack of the rapper's lyrics on his desk and ran his fingers through his hair, stressed, "What happened to you? Your songs are so depressing now."

Suga huffed, "I'm sorry. It's just..."

"It's your ex, huh?"

Ex.

"No, of course not. That was so long ago, why would I still be hung up on that?"

The man raised an unamused eyebrow.

"Fine, yeah. It's Jimin."

"Your ex."

"My ex."

"Whatever," the producer grunted, sliding the paper's into the trashcan, "Just make some better lyrics soon. I need something to work with."

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

"It's been four weeks, Yoongi-ah. Where are your new lyrics? The producer's been barking up my for these, Yoongi. You better get your act together."

"Sorry, manager-hyung. I'll work harder."

"You better. You're slipping; the news hasn't talked about you in months, your fans have moved on and if they haven't they're pretty damn quiet. The CEO's even thinking about dropping you. Get over your little breakup or you'll regret it big time."

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

From: Jin-hyung
Hi, Yoongi-ah!
We miss you~
How are you doing?

From: Joon
When is your new music coming out? We're waiting lol

From: JH
We need some more bragging material !!
Also
Jiminie and Taehyunggie r graduating soon
R u gonna come home???

From: Yoongi
ill see if i can
musics not doing well
producer doesnt like my lyrics

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

"Yoongi. The hell is this?" Yoongi's manager stomped toward the boy in the hallway, a few sheets of paper in his hand.

"I quit."

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

"Congrats, Jimin and Taehyung! I'm so proud of you both! You're finally graduating," Jin gushed, squishing the boys' cheeks.

It was the big day. Jimin and Taehyung were, as Jin said, graduating and almost everyone was ecstatic. Almost everyone. Taehyung, being bright and radiant as always, was practically glowing in his cap and gown. However, Jimin was a little less than elated. A small frown showed on his face and didn't go unnoticed.

"Jimin, what's wrong?" Taehyung asked, nudging Jimin's arm.

"Huh? Oh, it's - uh - it's nothing. I'm just thinking about a lot. I guess we're officially adults now, huh?"

Taehyung's boxy smile almost blinded him, "Yup!" But then he pouted, "Does that mean it's technically illegal for me to be with Kookie?"

"Hyung, be quiet," Jungkook sighed, a smile adorning his face despite his sassy scoff.

"Haha, I didn't even think about that. When Suga-hyung graduated..." Jimin's voice trailed off when he remembered what happened when Suga-hyung graduated.

"Speaking of Yoongi-hyung, he might be coming today!" Namjoon piped up, "It's been forever since we've seen him."

"Ah, I miss him so much. We were just texting him a few days ago, but it's just not the same," J-Hope said with a flat smile. A happy aura quickly refilled him as he exclaimed, "Hopefully he'll come! He wouldn't miss his dongsaengs' graduation, right?"

Jimin didn't know why he was so sad when Suga didn't turn up during the ceremony.

What was I expecting?

Jin, being the gracious being he was, allowed the group to crash at his house to celebrate the occasion. He helped his mother cook a big feast and everyone was happily munching on the food when there was a knock on the door. Jin opened the door and no one really cared to look until they heard the guest's voice.

"Hi, everyone. Sorry I missed the ceremony. Traffic was bad."

"Yoongi!"

Yoongi.

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

"What's been going on the celeb world?"

"Everyone's been talking about you!"

They were all so overwhelmed by Yoongi's rare appearance and they bombarded him with questions, not sure when they would be able to see him in person again. He answered everyone calmly, used to the questions because of interviews and TV shows.

"When's the new music coming out?" Namjoon asked, repeating his question.

Yoongi visibly tensed and put down his chopsticks, "Um, I...the reason why I was able to come on such short notice was...I quit."

J-Hope slammed his hands down on the table, "You what?"

"I quit," Yoongi shrugged, "I didn't tell you guys sooner because I wanted to say it in person. Apparently, nothing I wrote was good enough and I was kinda getting tired of it, so I kinda just left."

Jimin stared at Yoongi, not really registering the words leaving his mouth. It all felt so surreal; Yoongi was there in front of him and he was there to stay. He said his goodbye to the world of music and fame and was back home. Then, Jimin realized why he couldn't wrap his mind around it: Yoongi was there to stay, but not for him.

Yoongi wasn't his anymore.

Everyone was buzzing with excitement, but it all seemed to move in slow motion. Yoongi had that look in his eye; the look where he was just there, enjoying everyone's presence around him, enjoying the simplicity of it all, but wouldn't dare to vocalize it. But suddenly Yoongi was staring back at Jimin, the look absent from his eyes like it had never been there to begin with. There was a subtle fondness in Yoongi's eyes. It was soft and warm and barely there, but Jimin could feel it. He missed it when Suga would look at him like that.

But Yoongi would never dare to vocalize it.

So instead, Jimin did, "Hyung, can we go talk?"

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

"So..."

"So..."

Jimin found that talking was hard. Really hard. There was a heavy, overbearing weight on their shoulders as they looked at each other, memories from their last conversation playing through their heads.

"You quit, huh? I guess Suga has gone to the grave. There's only Yoongi now?"

Yoongi nodded, "Yeah, it's just me now."

Jimin chewed on his lip, "Is it okay if I ask why? Why you left?"

Yoongi nodded, "It's pretty simple, actually. Nothing juicy or interesting or anything like that. They didn't like my lyrics and I kinda stopped liking the business."

"They didn't like your lyrics? But your lyrics are beautiful, hyung," Jimin pouted, reaching out for Yoongi's hand. He almost grabbed it, but then realized, He's not yours anymore. You can't do that. You're not allowed to do that.

He didn't expect Yoongi to say, "Honestly, it was understandable. I kept writing and no matter what I did, they said it was too depressing for the fans."

Jimin's brows furrowed, "Oh hyung. I'm sorry, I just-"

"Jimin why did you do that?" Yoongi looked so broken and empty, Jimin felt like crumbling.

"Hyung, I-"

"I quit because of you Jimin-ah, all of those songs were about you!" Yoongi was gripping Jimin's shoulder, tears gathering in his eyes but refusing to fall. Yoongi sighed and took his hand off of Jimin, "You hurt me so much, Jimin. Why?"

"Hyung..." Tears streamed down Jimin's face and all he wanted to do was kiss Yoongi and be held in his arms. He just wanted to know that everything was going to be okay. 

"Your fans told me to do it. Hyung, they called me and texted me and it never stopped. I tried so hard to ignore it, I really did. But I..." Jimin sniffled and wiped his eyes, chuckling to save face, "I thought that I was holding you back. Yoongi-hyung, this was such a huge opportunity for you. I couldn't ruin your dream."

Jimin's eyes were drowning in tears and Yoongi's face was nothing more than a blur. I want you to kiss me again, hold me again, write songs for me again. I want you again.

Jimin's voice was breaking much like his resolve, "Yoongi-hyung, I...you're so perfect and better than me in every way. There's no way you would've wanted to stay with me. I thought you would've moved on quickly."

Jimin's breath was quickening, yet it was still so hard to breathe. In, out, in, out.

"But you didn't, hyung." Jimin's eyes didn't seem to stop overflowing and, at this rate, he was possibly at risk for dehydration. He sobbed, "And now you're back and I just...I want to ask..."

The next thing he knew, he was in Yoongi's arms and it didn't feel real anymore.

"What is it, Jimin?" Yoongi's thumbs were on his cheeks, wiping all the tears and pain away.

"I know I hurt you, but can you love me again?"

Yoongi's lips were on his and everything was in slow motion. Jimin could feel his heartbeat picking up, the warmth of his cheeks, the color slowly seeping into his closed eyes. When they pulled away for breath, Yoongi pressed his forehead against Jimin's and cupped his cheeks.

"I never stopped loving you, Jiminie."

 


Yayyyy

You didn't think I would leave them broken up, did you? Hahaha

I realize now that this chapter is hella short whoops. I kinda wanted to keep this chapter simple?? Idk man

This is kinda sorta the last chapter of the fanfic before the epilogue ^^; I also have decided to not do a bonus chapter because the more I thought about it, the more I realized that most of it was gonna be what I could've done better (aka what about the fanfic) Sorry, but that's what I've decided. I hope you guys aren't too disappointed!

 

Update (literally 2 years later): 

THERE'S A BONUS CHAPTER NOW PLS CHECK IT OUT (after you finish reading the entire fic ofc hehe)

But that also kinda means the next chapter is the last chapter :')

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you next update! That's the last time I'm gonna write that sentence for this fanfic that makes me so sad omg I should just stop

Love,

Kilotons