Move

You Make My Life Colorful

When Jimin received the text from Suga, he didn't know what to think. A sea of thoughts flooded his brain, but his head was still dry with confusion. Maybe he won't break up with me after all. Jimin was relieved, but a ball of wariness settled in his stomach. He had a feeling that, although his suspicions may have been wrong, things weren't completely perfect either. 

Jimin sank into his bed. All he wanted was an answer to a question that he would rather not ask. Does he even still like me? Jimin wanted someone to talk to. Someone that would listen, someone that would sympathize and tell him that everything would be okay even if that wasn't the case. But Suga was always that someone. Jimin felt stuck in a trap he set for himself. Ah, maybe I'm just overanalyzing everything. I'm sure everything is fine. The boy walked to the kitchen to grab some food and to distract himself from his worries.

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

Jin thought he was imagining things when he heard his dad cockily scolding Namjoon at his front door. He was proven wrong when Namjoon wouldn't even look at him at school the next day. It hurt. Jin would admit that much. Avoiding Namjoon was meant to help Jin get over his silly crush. But all it did was make him miss Namjoon more. When he caught Namjoon mindlessly staring at him from across the lunch table, Jin was reassured that Namjoon still at least cared about him. Now, he couldn't be too sure. He tried to smile at the other when he caught him stealing glances, but Namjoon always averted his eyes before he could even react. 

The eldest took a look around and couldn't help but notice that everyone looked so...broken. Suga was spacing out for the millionth time that week, Namjoon was picking at his uneaten lunch, Jimin was staring at Suga, wanting to say something but couldn't find the words, and J-Hope was just awkwardly sitting, finally running out of things to say to fill the empty silence. The only two that weren't completely quiet were Jungkook and Taehyung who were whispering to each other, not wanting to disturb the others with their conversation that no one was really listening to anyway. 

The long awaited bell finally rung and the group dispersed, nodding goodbye at each other but not saying any words. Jungkook and Taehyung were the only ones that lingered by the table.

"Today was..." Jungkook started, unsure of what to say.

"Awkward? Hell yeah, it was," Taehyung finished for him. He sighed, "Why was everyone so quiet? Even J-Hope hyung didn't talk. I didn't even know he knew what quiet meant."

Jungkook tried to laugh, but all he could choke out was a hollow chuckle, "I guess Namjoon's confession didn't go well. But why are Jimin and Suga-hyung being like...that?"

Taehyung shrugged, "Guess we'll just have to wait. He said he had something to tell us, right?"

Jungkook nodded, "I guess so."

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

"Namjoon," Jin called out to the boy when he found him wandering about.

Namjoon turned around when he heard his name and saw Jin smiling at him. In a split second, his breath caught in his throat and he broke eye contact. Hastily looking back up to meet Jin's eyes, he attempted a smile back at him. "Yes, hyung?"

"I was wondering if you wanted a ride home?" Jin asked hesitantly, waiting for the inevitable rejection.

The inevitable rejection came in a shaky, "Didn't Suga-hyung say that he had to tell us something? We should just wait here."

Jin feigned an expression of shock and laughed a bit more loudly than he should have, "Ah! That's right, he did!" He slapped Namjoon's shoulder, causing the boy to wince. "Namjoon-ah, I'm so forgetful. Thanks for reminding me."

Namjoon shot a phony smile at the boy and tried to pretend that he wasn't blown away by how good Jin looked in color, even if it was for a split second. They sat side by side at the lunch tables, waiting for the others to come. Even though it was only a few minutes, it felt like an agonizing eternity. Namjoon wanted so badly to just confess then and there, but Mr. Kim's lecture kept whispering itself into his ears and he couldn't bring himself to go against him. Jin stole glances at Namjoon, wondering what would be happening if his dad didn't yell at him.

Finally, the other five arrived. Taehyung was quickly walking to the tables with J-Hope and Jungkook under his arms, excited for whatever Suga had to announce. Behind them, Suga was making his way to the table with a straight face and Jimin's hand in his. Jimin was looking at the ground, looking up at Suga's serious expression every few seconds just to see if it had changed at all. They were both very nervous, and unlike Suga, who knew exactly why, Jimin wasn't too sure what to expect.

They all sat around the table. Jimin watched his boyfriend's every move, desperate for a clue as to what Suga would say. He bit his lip when he caught the sad, faraway look in the boy's eyes. Suga, on the other hand, couldn't breathe. He took a look around the table. These were his best friends for the past year, excluding Jungkook who had come later in the year. But he had to admit, Jungkook grew on him just like the rest. He thought about his situation; thought about how to describe it. It was...it was bittersweet. This was a new step, a huge step, a new chapter. A new chapter that meant he would possibly leave everything and everyone he knew behind. He could only hope that that wouldn't have to be the case.

He took a deep breath, "I..." Suga found that he couldn't say it. He couldn't spit out the three words that he had wanted to say. His eyes grew glassy and he looked around again at the now concerned faces of his friends.

Jimin almost gasped. He hadn't seen Suga cry before. Although he wasn't crying now, the water was so close to spilling from his eyes. Jimin squeezed Suga's hand, trying to offer support. Suga swallowed, took a deep breath, and the tears swam back to where they came from.

"I'm moving away."

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

After he said the few words, Suga looked down at the table. He didn't want to see the faces of the others, he didn't want to hear their reactions, and he definitely didn't want to hear the tears and sniffles of Jimin. The boys were all shocked, thoughtless, unsure what to think. Suga slowly regained his breath and looked up. 

"I didn't want to tell anyone at first...but after we turned in the music project, Mr. Kwon wanted to talk after class. So I stayed and he told me that...that..." Suga took a deep breath upon remembering the conversation. He started again, "He told me that I had potential. A lot of it. He talked to some people and he said that some were willing to take me in." He tried to smile, but it didn't come out quite right. He continued, "They said that they'll make me a rapper. A real one that releases tracks and goes on tours and all that. It'll take a few more months and I've already started a couple weeks ago. That's why I've been a bit more...gone. But now, I have to be there more often. I have to leave tomorrow."

Suga bit his lip as he watched everyone process the information little by little. Their friend, Min Yoongi, the one that's always been sleepy and a bit more grumpy than he should be, the one that always shipped Namjoon and Jin with fiery passion, the one that Jimin was in love with, the one that, no matter how reluctant he might've been, was always there for them, was going to debut as an idol soon. Their friend, Min Yoongi, was possibly going to make it big. Their friend, Min Yoongi, was leaving to pursue his dream. Their group would be emptier. It would only be six out of seven. No one to grumble and mumble in their sleepy daze, no one for Jimin to rest his head on, no one to shout in excitement whenever Namjoon and Jin did something a bit beyond friends.

Suga mustered up all the courage in his body and turned his head to face Jimin. He almost regretted it. Jimin's cheeks were streaked with tears, but his eyes held something that showed he wasn't entirely sad. 

Jin wiped the tears from his eyes and tried to smile, "We're so proud of you, Yoongi-ah. You never showed us your music, but I can tell you put your heart into every song. You deserve this."

J-Hope swallowed, "We'll miss you, hyung. Congratulations."

Jungkook smiled and tried to lighten up the mood, "Don't forget us, hyung! We're still your dongsaengs, right?"

Suga smiled and nodded, "Of course. The company told me that I can come back and visit. I'll try to come at least three times a week, okay? It won't be the same, but it'll be better than nothing."

Taehyung smiled through tears as well, "That's good. We hope you'll make it big. You'll be a huge star and all six of us will stalk you from our screens, okay?"

Suga laughed, "I'll look forward to it."

Namjoon coughed and spoke up. He gestured between Jimin and Suga, "You two, we should leave you some time to talk."

The others nodded in agreement and stood up, leaving the campus to go home. Suga tugged Jimin up so that they were standing and firmly held Jimin's hands.

"Jiminie..." Suga started, tears welling up in his eyes for the umpteenth time that day.

Jimin held Suga's face in his hands and smiled, "Hyung, I'm so proud of you. When I first heard your songs, I knew this opportunity would come for you. Thank goodness someone recognized your talent as soon as they did." Jimin held his breath and tears began rushing down his face again, "I-I'll really...really miss you, hyung. This w-was always your dream. A-And...if we h-have to stop this...I-I'm okay with it." Jimin was becoming less and less composed and it was obvious that he wasn't okay with it. Suga had never seen someone come undone in front of him before. Jimin buried his face in Suga's neck and hugged him tightly, "I-I just want you to know that I l-love-"

Suga detached Jimin from himself and sighed. Jimin was sobbing and frantically trying to wipe the tears away when Suga kissed him suddenly. He gasped but kissed back tenderly, savoring what he thought would be their last kiss. Suga pulled away and held Jimin's chin between his index finger thumb, making sure the boy wouldn't look away from his eyes.

"Yah. Stop talking like that, idiot," Suga said firmly. Jimin's breath hitched when Suga slipped a hand under his shirt at the small of his back. Suga peppered light kisses along Jimin's jawline and whispered, "You'll still be mine. Remember that, okay? I'll write all the songs in the world for you if they let me. You're still mine, promise?"

Jimin nodded, a final tear escaping his eye, "I promise."

 


 

I love you guys XD COMEBACK THOOOO OMG I'M DEAD. I'M SO PROUD OF YOU JUNGKOOOOK! <333

I hope you guys enjoyed this week's update...even though I haven't been updating every week ^^; Sorry about that...I'll try to get better about it...Anyways, see you next time!

(Wtf happened to all the colors?) Love,

Kilotons