Third

Secret

Title: Autumn heat                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Pairing: Leo/Hongbin                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Word Count: 684    

 

Autumn was Hongbin’s favourite season. It wasn’t too cold, yet not too warm. Just perfect. And perfect to meet Taekwoon.

 

Hongbin smiled as he adjusted the collar of his new jacket, happy with the choice of colour. He recently escaped a painful relationship and decided to start anew by treating himself with new clothes, accessories and most importantly, a new camera. Grabbing his camera and checking himself again in the mirror, he exited his apartment.

            The park was quiet except for a few couples whispering softly to each other however, it didn’t bother Hongbin. He was just here to take photos and hopefully relax amongst the beautiful nature.

Hongbin didn't hesitate to start snapping away with his camera, stopping once in a while to check his progress. Photography was one of his favourite things to do. If he wasn’t a veterinarian, he would have definitely followed a photography pathway. He loved capturing the inner beauty of people and or objects and occasionally shared his work on his online blog. People enjoyed his work, sometimes leaving supporting messages which brought joy to Hongbin.

Hongbin brought his camera down, exhaling softly. He had spent the last three hours at the park taking photos but he was satisfied with most of his work today. The sun had already begun to set yet there was still one man seated underneath the large oak tree. Even though the oak tree was breathtaking itself—the hue of orange and red were beautiful to the eye—the man underneath was even more alluring to Hongbin. The stranger had his eyes closed, perhaps asleep, yet Hongbin could still tell how handsome he was. Hongbin found himself being drawn towards the man until he was only a few steps away. Unconsciously, Hongbin raised his camera to his eye level looking through the lens, despite being disappointed when he realised his camera did not showcase the man’s beauty the way his eyes saw, he pressed down on the small button, the camera making a shuttering noise. Holding his breath, he watched as the mysterious stranger awoke from his sleep, his eyes fluttering open slowly.

            “Oh I’m deeply sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you!” Hongbin spoke rapidly, forgetting to breathe and ended up choking on his own breath. Pounding his chest lightly, he felt his cheeks warm up. Maybe he should have chosen a lighter jacket today. The man shook his head, his hair flicking left and right.

            “It’s fine. Can I see the picture?” The man spoke every so softly, almost too soft for Hongbin to hear.

           “S-sure.” Hongbin bent down, clicking the files button on his camera. He turned the camera to show the man, his heart threatening to jump out. He didn’t know why he felt so nervous…He was only showing a mere photo. Hongbin subtly observed the man in front of him, he was even more breathtaking up close. Hongbin couldn’t believe it. Lazily, the stranger turned his eyes onto him. Hongbin felt constricted, like a snake was winding up his body, tightening every second.

            “It’s nice. But… why me?” Hongbin’s eyes grew wide.

            “O-Oh, uh. You’re really attractive!” It was the stranger’s eyes that were wide this time. He dropped his head down, showing the top of his head which strangely was cute to Hongbin. Hongbin couldn’t believe this guy. He was both cute and freakishly handsome… “Let me take you out,” the stranger’s head lifted up in a split second revealing his parted mouth, “I-I mean, I did and said weird things, let me show you that I’m not some kind of creep…Yeah.” Hongbin clenched his fists in embarrassment, the heat was increasing. His face was probably bright red…So was the stranger’s.

              “Sure…I guess.” A small smile made its way to the man’s face as he brushed his hair away from his face smoothly. Gosh, Hongbin was so smitten.

              “What’s your name?” Hongbin was getting way too excited.

              “Taekwoon, Jung Taekwoon.” Taekwoon was too.

              “Hongbin, Lee Hongbin.” They both made their way to a 24/7 café, with Hongbin snapping photos of a blushing Taekwoon in every angle.