Second

Secret

Title: Sweet like Matcha

Pairing: Leo/Hongbin

Word Count: 950

 

 

Hongbin was everything to Taekwoon. His past, present and future. It didn’t matter to him if Hongbin couldn’t say the three words back to him.

 

                                                                  

Taekwoon sat cross-legged on the comfortable seat in the small coffee house. It was his favourite place, right beside the medium window that displayed the busy streets. He would observe the people outside in silence—he did everything in silence—occasionally sipping his latté, the warm liquid spreading throughout his body. The window also allowed him to see who entered and exited the café. Taekwoon hummed in content, his hands tapping to the soft piano playing in the café.

 

A man, mature but younger than Taekwoon perhaps, stepped into the café, causing the small bell to ring happily. The man with fluffy brown locks observed the café with a small smile, a dimple indenting his cheek. Taekwoon followed the man with his eyes, no longer able to see his handsome face when he stood at the counter. Taekwoon watched him carefully, noticing how the man never spoke once. Only gesturing to the menu with his hands and nodding whenever the cashier spoke to him. Strange. The man turned around, his green coloured drink in a plastic cup with excessive amounts of cream on top. Must be sweet Taekwoon thought. Taekwoon continued observing the man who was about to exit when he stopped to turn his head. Taekwoon parted his lips in surprise as he met the man’s eyes with a small spark. The man smiled, with teeth this time and the dimples seemed deeper than before. Taekwoon bowed his head slightly, feeling heat rush to his face.

 

Taekwoon was back again. The same spot and same drink. He was a frequent visitor but the workers didn’t mind. Taekwoon didn’t mind either. Taekwoon sat, watching people outside busy themselves with the city around them. He wondered if he would see the man from yesterday. Taekwoon hoped he would.

            Half way through his latté, the small bell rang. Ah, he was back again. Taekwoon hid a small smile beneath his light grey scarf, he was more delighted than he would have liked to admit. Yet again the man spoke no words, only pointing and nodding. Taekwoon paid back attention to his semi-warm latte, not wanting to get caught staring at the young man. Unexpectedly, a green filled plastic cup, with a good amount of cream on top, was placed on the table. Taekwoon lifted his head, trying his best to keep a neutral face as he didn’t realise the young man was this good looking up close. Which somehow worked—not in a good way—seeing as the man’s grin switched into a nervous, almost regretful smile. Taekwoon cursed inside, this wasn’t a good first impression of himself. It was now or never…

            “Hi,” the young man’s eyes lit up a little, “So… I’m guessing you like matcha lattés and cream?” Nice one Taekwoon. The man chuckled silently, covering his mouth with adorably small hands. He nodded, his light hair bouncing along. He then pointed to the latté, tilting his head in a cute manner which caused Taekwoon to resist the urge to squeal at the sight.

            “Lattés are my favourite kind of coffee. It’s got a mildly strong coffee flavour with hints of sweetness and the creaminess of it all suits it well and-“ Taekwoon coughed, he was talking way too much… He placed his palm over his mouth, muttering silent curses. He gazed at the still sweetly smiling male. It made the corners of his mouth lift slightly, as well as his cheeks to burn. “S-so what do Matcha lattés taste like? I’ve never had one before…” Taekwoon pondered, suddenly realising the man had pushed his cup towards Taekwoon. “Can I?” He nodded eagerly so Taekwoon wrapped his pouty lips around the draw, sipping slowly. Sweet. It was too sweet and there was no taste of coffee. Disappointed in the lack of flavour combinations, Taekwoon pushed it back to the latter. “It’s really sweet. It definitely suits you.” Before Taekwoon realised what he said, the male quickly grabbed the cup, drinking hastily to hide his pink cheeks and wide eyes. An indirect kiss…Taekwoon thought. He shook his head, gosh what was he thinking.

            The two males continued conversing. Taekwoon asking random questions and the male laughing silently. Taekwoon realised he had never talked this much before, his regular self was used to complete silence. However, this male managed to make Taekwoon talk more in a day than he would in a month. Said male took out his phone, offering it to Taekwoon. Taekwoon inserted in his number and name then handed the phone back. His own phone making a notification noise from the male’s text.

            “Ah, what’s your name?” Taekwoon completely forgot to ask, how stupid was he? The male only continued to text on his phone. Taekwoon was about to interrupt when his phone rang again.

 

From: xxx-xxx-xxx

My name is Lee Hongbin. Thank you for talking to me today. You were the first not to question my lack in speech. Today was fun Taekwoon! I have to go now, so let’s meet again next time!

 

Taekwoon smiled, more openly this time, saving Hongbin’s contact into his phone. Hongbin… The simple name sounded amazing to Taekwoon.

            “Thank you Hongbin.” With that, Hongbin stood from his chair, carrying his now empty cup with small remnants of cream. He exited the café and stopped in front of the window. The one where Taekwoon would look out of. They both smiled, waving at each other softly.

 

Taekwoon sipped his forgotten latté. It was cold. But he didn’t mind as he was already warm inside from him. Hongbin.

 

+

 

a/n: The title and first sentence probs do not seem to relate in anyway to the actual story. Not at all. Oops. Anyway thank you to the people who suscribed and commented! I'm so nervous about my writing... I hope you guys enjoy~