First Encounter

Crimson Rose Thorns

It has been a long day for Ok Taecyeon, who was studying till noon and working as a waiter at night. Everyday has been a struggle ever since he graduated from highschool and decided to study Medical to reach his dream.

It was 11pm after Taecyeon finished all of his homework and went to bed. Strangely, he kept tossing and turning around but couldn't fall asleep. He stood up and walked his way to the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water to the living room. Sitting down on the sofa next to Hiro,a golden retriever puppy he picked up a week ago who was woken up by her master's loud footsteps. Hiro then jumped onto his laps and Taecyeon started to pat her head gently despite using one of his strong yet soft hand as he drank the water with another. His mind reverted back to his past which he considered a real nightmare.

*flashback*

"Umma, I'll be back home soon! It's too loud here I can't hear you!!! Annyeong, umma!" Taecyeon shouted because of the loud pounding music in the background from his friends who were singing with their cracked voices.

"Yeoboseyo? Yeoboseyo??? Taec..Taecyeon-ah!! Aish, this kid is always playing around with his friends and never studies at all.... yet he promised to become a doctor to help out our family.."

"Umma, what did you say?? I can't hear you properly!! Annyeong!" screamed Taecyeon as he ended the call.

"Who was that, Taec?? Your girlfriend??" one of his friend asked.

"Are you out of your mind??! I told you I don't have a girlfriend and that was my Umma, you sh*thead."

"Ehh??? I thought you were dating Sunny! Everyone said so!" replied Chansung, another friend of Taecyeon. 

Sooyoung who was sitting just beside Taecyeon, heard what Chansung said and immediatiely turned to Taecyeon with a questioning look. Taecyeon quickly shook his head very hard which earned a lot of laughs from eveyone around him.

"No, that's not it... Sooyoung-ssi, please don't get the wrong idea."

"Fine, fine.. It's your turn to sing, Taec-oppa!" Sooyoung said annoyingly.

Taecyeon sighed and apologetically announced, "I'm really sorry guys... I think i have to go home now."

"Ok ok!! Whatever you want!!"

********************

Taecyeon's POV

Now standing infront of the old apartment, something felt a bit off.... somehow it smelled bloody. I carefully opened the door which made the usual cracking sound and the light was strangely off inside.

"Umma?? Appa??? I'm home now. I left before everyone else." 

I closed the door, but only silence greeted me. Why is the house so quiet? They can't be asleep. We just talked a while ago.

"Please don't be mad at me! I told you it's my friend's birthday!" I continued to shout, hoping for my parents to reply back. As I walked to turn on the light, I stepped on something sticky. I couldn't see what it was but I knew it was somewhat a liquid. The scent that smells like blood grew stronger and stronger and I knew something was definitely wrong.

*light on* "What.......umma...appa...? What.. ha-happened?" I cried as the sight of my parents' bodies lying lifelessly on the floor right next to the old wooden table was too shocking to believe. Blood was flowing continuously from thier necks covering the floor as red as a crimson rose. Their faces were paper-white as if blood have been completely drained from their bodies forcefully...

*end of flashback*

"..Taec!! ...TAEC!!!!" Taecyeon jumped back to reality when his friend, Joongki, shouted in his ears.

"......Oh hey, joongki.. I thought you were asleep.."

"I was asleep but I woke up to go to the bathroom and here I am, seeing you daydreaming in the middle of the night."

"Ahh..haha.. I think I drank too much coffee today.. I couldn't sleep at all.. It's okay, just go back to sleep. I think I will go outside for a walk a bit." Taecyeon said as he grabbed his one and only black jacket heading to the front door.

"Aigoo... Okay, but be careful. It's really late."

"I get it. I'll be back soon. Good night, bro."

********************

It was a cold and quiet night. The moonlight shone brightly leaving shadows of the buildings around. Silence from all around embraced his heart as if to comfort him. A light wind brushed his face bringing shivers down his spines. Suddenly, he saw something moved at the corner of his eye.

"AHHHHHH!!!!"

A loud scream was heard. Taecyeon hesitantly moved toward one of the tree in the park across the street infront of him where the scream came from. His eyes were greeted by a surprising yet terrifying scene. Behind the tree was something that could frighten him to death, the sight of someone blood from a mere human neck! It was a teenage girl, crouching down on her knees, devouring the sweet disgusting blood of the middle-age man whose eyes were widely opened while he was losing his life. Blood dripped down from his neck all over his cream-coloured shirt, leaving a pool of blood on the grass as well.

The girl noticed Taecyeon's presence and quickly turned around. With blood all over her white t-shirt and some dripping from , she stood up and shot a dead glare at him. 

"What do you think you're looking at? Don't even think you can get away from this." she said, folding her arms arrogantly. The girl then smirked as if she has found a new prey.

"No...no....please, n-not me," stuttered Taecyeon as he tried to run for his life. It didn't take long until she catch up with her incredible inhuman speed.

"You think you can run away from me, silly boy?" she smirked showing her deadly sharp fangs with blood dripping from one corner of her thin pink lips.

Taecyeon started to replay the unreal scene he saw a moment ago in his head while she came closer to pin him against a dead end wall of an alley. Trying to shrug his hands from the unbelievably strong grips of her slender and small hands, he suddenly met her stare, studying the details of her beautiful crimson pupils.

He came back to reality when he felt the contact of 2 sharp objects on his throat and reflexly pushed the girl away before running for his life.

 

 

To his surprise, she didn't follow him.

(To be continued...)

_____________________________________

 

A/N: Hi, everyone!! So this is the first chapter and we hope you guys like it :) Feel free to comment, be it compliments or criticism :3