03- New Beginnings

Once again

2 Years Later

 

          It is a new day, a fresh start for Go Eun Seol. Already in her fourth year, Eun Seol was once again kicked out of school. It was the fourth one in the last two years. The first one was Sevit High; she got kicked out for “burning” the hair of her classmate. The second one was Baekho High; the teachers were complaining too much that Eun Seol was the worst student. The third one was Pohyang High; she fought with some of the guys, resulting for one of the varsity player to sprain his ankle. Hye Young and Jun Su tried talking to Eun Seol about her attitude but everything they said came out the other ear.

          Even till now, no one knew the real identity of Eun Seol. No one knows that her family owns the biggest construction firm in the entire country because if they did, they would be begging for her to stay. She didn’t like showing it to people; she didn’t like the idea that people are going to talk to her because she was rich. She prefer riding the bus, eating deokbokki by the street, taking the train and going shopping to cheaper and less known brands. She hates wearing sparkling shoes, dress and bag.

          Even if she doesn’t want to go to Sekang High, she has no choice; Sekang is the only private school that actually accepted her despite her notorious records. Wearing the official school uniform although it was a little bit altered, the skirt got shorter and the top got fitter. After stepping into the office and reporting to her new homeroom teacher, she follows him through the halls. Sekang High is a bit bigger than Sevit. As she enters the room behind her teacher, she looked at the students for a moment and caught a familiar person, Lee Dawon; the friend who left her.

          Standing in front of the other students, Eun Seol has black hair natural wavy hair with bangs, her skirt is shorter than the other students, a pair of black earrings in both her ears and she is also wearing eyeliner that emphasizes her brown eyes. She looked incredibly different from the girl two years ago. Dawon is speechless. As he remembers, Eun Seol has dark caramel hair that she likes to braid, she hates bangs, she hates wearing eyeliner or anything that is black. “Greet them” the homeroom teacher says to Eun Seol but all she did was glare at them before rolling her eyes in annoyance. ‘How annoying’ she thought.

          Eun Seol picked a seat at the very back of the class, by the window. She couldn’t care less about the lessons and just stared outside the window the entire period. As soon as the bell rang, students started filling out the room on their way to the cafeteria. Eun Seol leans over her desk to sleep when the class president approaches her. “The teacher said that I should give you a tour” she smiles but Eun Seol just glared back. “I’ll find my way, so get lost” the glare never leaving her face but a sad expression glooms over the president. A tall student bangs his fist on his desk and stands up hearing Eun Seol, ‘Jeong Cha Sik’ his name plate read.

          “Yah! She’s being nice to you, so show some respect transferee” he glares, puffing hair, Eun Seol stood up and glares right back at him, not an inch scared. “I don’t care if she’s being nice or being a , just leave me the alone!” Eun Seol argues. If it weren’t for the very thick tension in the room, the scene would have been funny; Eun Seol was so small comparing to the height of Cha Sik. “Jeong Cha Sik, stop it” A stern voice interrupted, Lee Dawon. Cha Sik looks at his direction before standing down. Dawon faces Eun Seol and says “Seol-ah, calm down” Seol-ah? Cha Sik frowned.

          Seol-ah, Seol-ah, Seol-ah anger erupted within Eun Seol. Yes, she remembers that stupid name. She remembers the way he says it. “Seol-ah? Huh, Seol-ah?” Eun Seol scuff before glaring at him with hatred. “You don’t have the right to call me that” she hiss before walking away of the room. Dawon saw the anger in her eyes. He didn’t want to leave but he had to. The Eun Seol that he once knew is long gone but he is still hoping that she would return again.

          Seol-ah, Seol-ah, Seol-ah Eun Seol wants to bang her head in the wall. She wanted to raise her hand and give Dawon the beating the deserves but her hands instantly went numb so walking away became her escape. Since it was already break, Eun Seol decided to roam around the school by herself. She finally came into the Judo gym. She removed her shoes and stepped in the mat. “You’re the new girl right?” a boy in judo uniform came out from her back. “obviously” she retorts.  In there she met Park Soo Ha, the President of the Judo club.

          They played judo together almost the entire lunch break. During the game, there were moments that Soo Ha made her smile. Sweat dripping from their necks and foreheads, they ended up in a position where Soo Ha is hovering over Eun Seol. Both his hands beside her head, while hers are gripping the sleeve of his uniform. Both smiling and out of breathe, they stayed in that position and for a moment there eyes met and everything just went still. It felt like the whole world stop around them until a flash and a sound of camera shuttering echoed in the room; waking them up from their trans. “ops, forgot to turn the flash off” the boy smiled adorably before running away.

          Back to her usual self, Eun Seol pushes Soo Ha away. “Who was that?” she was annoyed. “Sung Sang Woo, School paper’s photographer, why?” Soo Ha smiled. Eun Seol gave an annoyed sigh before standing up, ready to leave. “Make him delete that picture or I’ll go look for him myself” she glares before leaving. ‘How could you be so stupid?!” she scolds herself. For the last year, Eun Seol tried changing herself. She didn’t want people to look at her with pity. All they know is that Eun Seol witnessed her father’s dead body. Nobody knew that she lost someone else that night.

          From the sadness that she felt, everything turned into anger. All the pent up frustration, sadness turned into hatred and anger that just erupted within her. She’s angry at her father’s murderer, she angry at him for leaving her, she angry at Dawon for abandoning her, she’s angry at the world for everything that had happened to her.

          Lunch break came to an end and Eun Seol went back to class and when she got there, everyone turned silent. She just shrugged it off before sitting on her chair. The day drag on like that and before she realize her first day of school ended. Eun Seol just wanted to sleep but maybe faith just loves her so much that he likes playing with her. 

 

----

So how is it guys? please comment...

I dont know if I should keep on posting..