02-Love Gone

Once again

          But to every love story there is always a glooming cloud waiting for a moment. After dating for half a year, Juho started being distant and cold. Not only was she starting to have second thoughts, she also blames herself to all the misfortunes that had happened to Juho. That was until one day, Eun Seol got into another fight with her father because of Juho. Eun Seol’s father never did support her relationship with Juho, he said that he was a thug and would only put her in danger. Upset with her father, Eun Seol left the house and went to the park where they first met and their usual hangout place. She tried calling Juho a dozen times but it all went to voice mail. Seeing the time, 6:00 in the evening, she dragged herself home knowing that her father is going to be worried. After closing the gate, Eun Seol noticed that there was broken jag by the stairs weird, she thought. Walking up the steps, she noticed that the front door was open.

          What she saw inside changed Eun Seol completely. When she arrived in the living room, there her father was lying in the middle of the room; beneath him is a pool of blood, his blood. His chest wasn’t moving, he wasn’t breathing. Eun Seol ran to her father and hugged him, crying begging him to wake up. For a moment she just cried, hugging her father, begging him to wake up but he wouldn’t. Picking up herself, she reached for her phone and called the police, ten minutes later, the police came. They witness the victim still being hugged by Eun Seol who was still crying. They tried hard on forcing her to let go, but she would budge and would grab more tightly to her father’s body and that was the last thing Eun Seol remembers.

          Waking up in a strange room scared Eun Seol. She was wishing that it was just a nightmare and she just woke up from it but it wasn’t. Rubbing her head, her phone lit up. It was already eleven in the evening, close to midnight. Reading the name of the messenger, she felt relieved but what she read in the message broke her even more. I’m sorry Seol-ah, but don’t call me anymore, we’re done.

          And just like that the almost fairytale life of Go Eun Seol came crashing down the ground, breaking into millions of pieces. After hearing about their father’s death, Eun Seol’s older brothers who were stationed in England and America immediately came back home; Go Hye Young, the eldest of the three is a successful Architect and owner of an architectural firm that was based in England while Go Jun Su, only two years older than Eun Seol, is in University of Chicago studying medicine.

          For the next two years, everything that happened changed Eun Seol and her brothers complete. They were more driven and became more serious, except for Eun Seol. Jun Su transferred back in Korea and was accepted in Seoul University with the Business Management program. Hye Young traveled back and forth between England and Korea since he was the eldest it was his legal rights to take up their father’s company. Jun Su has an apartment near campus which he shared with Hye Young but Eun Seol separated with them, she has her own house in the middle of Gangnam. She preferred living alone rather than seeing her brothers that reminded her so much of their father. Eun Seol changed completely, long gone the prim and proper, behave and silent girl.