The end of the world: Gil: At a coffee shop somewhere in Seoul

The end of the world: Mini stories

We interrupt this program to make the following announcement...

There was a loud beeping sound and a series of text lines appeared on the television screen. No one else seemed to be noticing the television, too busy taking selfies or glued to their phones and laptops. The only reason why Gil was even paying attention to it was because he had nothing else to do, his phone had died and SeungHyun was in the bathroom.

Is this for real?

He thought as he began to read the lines moving over and over on the screen; they warned of an inevitable event that would affect the whole of the globe; it warned that it could be apocalyptic in nature. What made things more surreal was that even if the text lines announced such terrible news, the drama was still playing behind them, muted at the moment due to the continuous beeping sounds that came as warning to alert watchers of the nature of the news. He looked around, no one else was watching the screen.

Babe...

The model pulled the Big bang rapper as soon as he was within reach, not wanting to be away from him, when the table could act as barrier.

What's wrong, Gilly?

Top asked, brushing the model's hair away from his face so he could kiss his forehead. Gil pointed a shaky finger at the screen.

Is it April's fool's day?

The rapper laughed nervously; it was hard to believe such news on such a perfect day, with lovely weather and fun activities to do. Maybe, Top thought, it was one of those lines that you had to write down for some game show or sweepstakes event or promotion. The drama stopped, substituted by interference. On the screen next was the event that would end things for the world, being televised live; the scenes showed the Korean military waiting for something, their guns and tanks ready. Gil and SeungHyun hugged each other. The ground began to shake violently. There was a bright blinding light. A deafening sound made everything vibrate with violence. All went blank.