The end of the world: Lee Geon: The Madtown dorm

The end of the world: Mini stories

 Incredible. Not in the happy and positive sense the word was usually used. There wasn't anything happy or positive about having a few hours left of the world as he knew it, because since he wasn't a psychic he didn't know if the catastrophe announced on the news flash was something that humanity or the planet itself could survive, but according to the news neither would. It was surreal to say the least, especially with the eerie calm that reigned in the dorm. There wasn't any time to pack their bags and head back home; even the most basic roads all over Seoul were packed with panicked humans on the brink of madness who were trying to flee the city. There was no point in fleeing, really, there was no escaping a phenomenon that would have impact on the whole of the planet. Lee Geon sat on the floor, staring blankly at the tv screen where the counter marked the time left until the catastrophe hit. Jaeho and Moos rested their heads on his shoulders; the first staring at his wiggling toes, while the latter stared blankly at a feather that had come in through the window and was now lying on the floor.

Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven...

Lee Geon began to sing; the others stared at him; He Jun began to sing along. There wasn't anything anyone could do, what would happen was bound to happen whether they liked it or not, but even in the chaos there was room for faith. Everyone of the Madtown members sat on the floor, hugging one another, as the counter moved on.

00:00:03... 00:00:02... 00:00:01...