Fieschada

Silently
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(n.) a strong instantaneous attraction to someone upon first meeting each other; "Love at first sight"

 

Present/Emphasizing
Flashback/Thinking/Emphasizing

 

 

"I.. I love you" she utter, "It's been awhile.." she continues. She bit her lips, trying to hold back the nervous as her face keep still the innocent looksㅡbig doe-like eyesㅡthat all the guys will fall for. Most of the guys.

Silence

Still silent

"Aishhhh!" She ruffled her hair frustratedly while jumping in her place using her whole body to expressing her exasperation. Her heart still beating hard against her ribcages as if it wanted to explode.

"Why does it seems so easily done in drama?!"

She crunching down beside her bed, sighed, making whiny sounds as if she want to cry, hugging her legs closer to her chest, trying to calm down her heartbeats while breathing in and out. 

I can do it right..?


*****


Her petite figure walks lifelessly towards her lockers to get her books at the back of the class. Everyone else in her surroundings was running, playing, laughing, gigglings, everyone feels happy except for herㅡwhich make her frown even more. 

She sat down on her seat, open her book, just because.

Suddenly few of the giggles and laughed stopped, then changed into amusement whispers and gasps, especially the girls. She looked up to see why. Every girl looks at his directions as if the king of England just walking passed themㅡthe king they barely had a chance to see in a lifetime, so he worth the attentionsㅡ.

She saw him walking closer and closer to her. 

Her heart beat faster and faster as the distant between them shorten.

She breathes becomes harder and harder. 

Then it stops.

He pulled his chair right beside her and sat on it. As soon as he took a seat the girls trying to stop looking at him but when he flashed them smile, his fangirls squeals.

Breath! she told herself.

"You almost didn't make it," she said, tuck her long bangs back to her ear while going back reading her bookㅡor to be exact, pretending to read her book.

He chuckling displaying his exotic dimple to her then nod.

She secretly steals a glance at him and smile to herself, then they heard the bell's ringing. The first class of that day starts.


*****


She was on her way to meet up her friends at the cafeteria when Mr. Han stop her in the hallway and introduce her to...

"Seulyi, Can you show this school around to him?" Mr. Han asked, but that rather sound more like a command to her, while his hand rests on a boy's shoulder, pushing him forwardㅡhe was standing behind himㅡ. 

"Oh, This is Myungsoo, Myungsoo this is Seulyi" Briefly he introduced them. 

She didn't even take a look at Myungsoo boy but Mr. Han, secretly, hoping he will get her secret code that saying ‘I'm hungry and want to eat, sir, please let me go'. 

"I will go talk with his parent in my office, thank you Seulyi-ah" then he left with which Seulyi guest Myungsoo's mother. Then she turns to him.

It doesn't even take a second for her heart to beat loud instantly after her eyes met him. She thinks she just falls in love. What love? She wasn't sure either, is this what they called Love at the first sight? She couldn't take her eyes off him; she doesn't want to.

She cleans and holding her hand forwards in a light of speed for a handshake; for a more formal self-introduction. He didn't shake her hand right way but rather after she monitoring him with her eyes that she offer a handshake. 

 


"This floor is only filled with classes. From 7 grade to 9 junior high schools. Each grade has more than one classes, it depends on the total of the students since there are only 30 students per class" she explained to him, while he gave a small nod each time she explained, (actually he doesn't really seem interested in this school tour at all).

"There are two toilets on this floor, one on the west and one on the east," she said and turn her body to continued walk up the stairs to another floor to show him more.

The tour was sadly over, she walked him back to Mr. Han while initiated some conversation with her heart still beating loud and shamelessly keep stared at his side profile while strolling back to the teachers room.

"So, which class are you transfer in?" her tone was still bright and clear despite after talking non-stop earlier.

"Grade 7th" he replied monotonously while keeps his eyes straight. He's so quiet, he seems doesn't like to talk and he emits a mysterious aura. That what she learned about him in their less than 15 minutes meeting. Nonetheless, she found his character was charming.

She smiled very wide and replied back happilyㅡignoring the fact that he probably doesn't care. "I'm grade 7th too!"


*****


The next day, Mr.Han their homeroom teacher entered the class and hit his teaching desk to grab his students attentions. The loudㅡchatteringㅡclassroom soon turned to silence as everyone starts to go back to their seat and locked their lips.

The class president quickly stood up and make all of his friends, gave Mr.Han a bow.

"Alright class, today we have someone that will be joining our class. Myungsoo, come in" 

Seulyi's eyes lit up at the mention of his name. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Myungsoo-imnida, nice to meet you all, please take care of me," he said then bow.

Seulyi can't hide her obvious smile.

"Myungsoo, you can take a sit at back there. We'll be having seat rotation every month, so don't worry" Mr. Han said, telling him to sit on the only available seat at the class. Myungsoo followed what he said after gave him a bow.

Seulyi keeps her eyes on him until he took a seatㅡtwo seats back at her right side.

 

*****

 

"Form your own group of 4 then do a group project on the textbook page 19 task 2 now!" a chemical teacher said. 

Every student starts to move and make their own group quickly, Hyunmi, Seulyi's BFF call her up to come to her desk and make a group together which quickly Seulyi rejected.

"Gwenchanayo, You, Yerin, Sungyeol and Sungjong just form a group together, I'm fine, totally fine." she made a gesture that people usually do when they completed something perfectly. 

Hyunmi rose an eyebrow, staring at her as if she's weird then hesitantly nod. Theyㅡthe five of themㅡwillusually stick together to do a group project but there was a time they should split up, just like now but she barely budges for others. What's gotten her? Hyunmi thinks to herself watching the girl walked back to her seat with light steps.

Seulyi approached Myungsoo who sat still in his place. Since he is new, he must be waiting for a remainder student to be team up.He was busy scribbling something on a paper when she reached his seat.

Since they only have 30 students and if they have to form a group of 4 there going to be a remainder of 2 students which is…

"Especially for Myungsoo and Seulyi, since you both only have each other and if you at least can do your best to get B+ in this project, I'll reward you an A instead, Good Luck".

 

*****

 

Another fact she learned about him that he was a class ranking ever since elementary school. He will always rank one or maybe twoㅡonce in awhile. Seulyi feels like killing two birds with one stone by teaming up with him. Lucky.

That day after school, Myungsoo and she went to the library to start on their project. 

He diligently read one book to another book to get a detail answers. There's a high stack of books at his each side and few on the floor. 

Seulyi never been smart or diligent in the first place. Whenever there's a group project she will always be the one that will do the easiest task;she will pick the part she wanted first. She does work but just less than others willㅡsometimes not alwaysㅡand today since they only have one other she has to help him no matter whatㅡeven if she doesn't understand a single thing besides she wants to show him the best side possible.She even tidies up herself before following him to the library.

"Myungsoo, does this one is right?" she pointed the line she meant and showed him.

"No, you have to find the formula too and find how its reacted towards the material in the book state"

She went blank, ‘what..?'.

But she does as he said eventually, thought she blindly guessed what to do but she finally understands after more than thirty minutes writing down a useless theory. 

Times passes by quickly. Soon, the sun is setting to the west, their only source of light now getting dimmer as the sky turn orange.

Another fact she learned that day is, Myungsoo is perfect. He wants everything to be perfect.


*****


"Woooo~ here comes a duo perfect partners" Sungyeol teased as soon as Seulyi and Myungsoo approached them at the cafeteria. They didn't stick around all the time, it just happens naturally because they were in line together to get their foodㅡwell, she kind of followed him.

Ever since they got teamed up for chemical, Seulyi often hung out with Myungsooㅡfollowing him more often than she should beㅡbeside he doesn't have a friend so Seulyi introduced her idiots to him, Sungyeol and Sungjong.

The chemical project they were done had the best marked between the rest groups which got some praise from the teacher and fellow students. She must say those all thanks to Myungsoo, his hard work, and patient. He doesn't even whine a bit when she worked slower than he thought; that made both spent more times for the project.

 

*****

 

A year passed
Two years passed

They're now a middle school senior. Their friendship has gotten stronger as they spend more time together, the six of them. Myungsoo starts to change, from the quiet boy he used to be, to a very different person. He talked a lot and actually very cute and he knows how to have fun. He is surprising very easy going. 

His personality doesn't change he says. He said he only act like that to the person he knows well. She glad she become one of that person. Yes, she still likes him. She likes him a lot but she liked what they're now. He cares for her just like she wanted. If she ever confessed back then, they're probably aren't like what they're now.

In the gap of two years, Myungsoo had changed a lotㅡphysically. First, he grows taller; she used to be around his ears now she only reaches his shoulder, she bet he will still grow more, just like Sungyeol that suddenly as high as a light pole. Second, he was handsome, that was no lie but due to puberty and a bless from god, he grows to be an even more handsome guy than he use

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter