Chapter 2

You Don't Owe Her Anything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So? What do you want to tell me?"

 

Wheein looks at her friend with surprise, "What do you mean? I don't have anything to tell you."

 

The girl with the short black hair raised her eyebrows and begins to resume work with her back facing Wheein, "Alright then. Go back to work then, don't bother me here."

 

"But Hyejinie," Wheein whines, "can't you be a good friend?"

 

Hyejin sighs and turns around to face her friend, "Alright make it quick, I've got tons of evidence to sort before the next batch comes in."

 

Ecstatically Wheein claps her hand and beams, "Thanks Hyejin, you're the best. So I met this new person in the office. Well she's not really new, she said she's been on vacation. But she seems so cool and nice. Do you know her? Her name is Moonbyul."

 

Hyejin's eyes widen at the mention of the name, "Moonbyul? As in Moon Byulyi?" The detective?  She's back?"

 

"Eh? She's a detective? She just told me she went on a vacation which is why I have never seen her before."

 

Hyejin furrowed her eyebrows, conflicted whether or not to tell Wheein the hushed rumors she's heard about the detective. In the end she figured it wasn't her place to do so and kept silent on the matter.

 

"Yeah, she's a detective, how'd you get a conversation with her? She's usually very reserved."

 

"Ah really? She did give off that vibe, but she seemed so nice. I thought I said something to offend her cause she laughed at me a bit."

 

Hyejin almost choked on her own spit, "Detective Moon laughed at you? It's so hard to even to get her to smile at you. Wheein you must've made quite the impression."

 

"I don't think I did much to be honest. Do you know her personally?" Wheein asking in anticipation.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter