Chapter 55

Fate or random luck?

 

 Somewhere in Hongdae, Sandeul was wondering around while taking sips of iced tea. He was of course, waiting for his turn. *BEEP* His phone chripped and he read the message.

             To: Sandeul

                             Ya, Haengeun-ah is on her way. Good luck!

                                                                            -Baro

 After reading the message, Sandeul couldn’t help but feel excited. Oh yeah! It’s finally my turn, he thought. He then kept on walking, thinking that anytime then Haengeun would just show up. Minutes had passed and he grew tired. He found a somewhere to rest while waiting for Haengeun to arrive.

 He was people watching and he was fascinated. There were some who were laughing, others were too busy to notice other people. While people watching, he saw something that made his heart beat fast. It was a sight that he never thought would see. It was no other than Haengeun walking the streets of Hongdae. Being his naughty self, he decided to stalk her for a while.

 Where is this girl going?, Sandeul thought as he continued to follow Haengeun around. He was snickering because to him, it looked like she was a lost duck. She doesn’t know where to go, huh?, he asked himself. He couldn’t take it anymore,

 “Finally you’re here.”, he said which caused Haengeun to face him. The moment she came face to face with him, he opened his arms. Haengeun jumped into his arms.

 “Oppa”, Haengeun whispered to Sandeul’s chest.

 “What took you so long?”, Sandeul asked.

 Facing her oppa, Haengeun just pouted. Aisht, that same question again. Can’t they see that I’m having a hard time finding these places?!, she yelled in her mind. She decided not say it and ruin the nice atmosphere present between her and Sandeul.

 “I get it, I get it. Have you eaten yet?”

 Sandeul’s question made Haengeun’s stomach roar in hunger. Unfortunately for her, Sandeul heard her raging stomach which caused him to burst into laughter.

 “YA! LEE JUNGHWAN! STOP LAUGHING!”, Haengeun yelled. Sandeul continued to laugh at her.

 “I haven’t eaten since this morning, okay? It’s not my fault. You guys keep on giving me these purple notes.”, Haengeun said, bringing out a bunch of purple notes from her bag pocket.

 “Sorry about that, so lunch?”, Sandeul asked in a happy tone.

 *sigh* “Fine, but you have to pay.”, Haengeun said.

 Sandeul smiled at Haengeun’s request.

 “Arrasso. Kaja? Bae gopa.”, Sandeul said, grabbing Haengeun’s hand. He then led her to some food stall which caused Haengeun confusion.

 “Are we eating here?”, Haengeun asked innocently.

 “Ne, don’t you think it’s better to eat from stall to stall than inside a restaurant?”

 “Umm, now that you’ve mentioned it, you are right. But you’re still paying.” *merong*

 “Arrasso, now grab anything you like.”, Sandeul ordered.

 Then both of them were stuffing their faces with anything that they could grab. After that, they went to another stall and again stuffed themselves with food. They did that for a couple of times until they can’t feed themselves anymore. Crashing to the nearest bench, Sandeul and Haengeun both burped at the same time.

 “Ah, mianhe.”, Haengeun said, embarrassed. Sandeul on one hand, was laughing once again.

 "Oppa!”, Haengeun whinned.

 “Mianhe”, Sandeul said messing Haengeun’s hair. There was a sudden awkward silence that was present between them.

 “What time is it?”, Sandeul asked with closed eyes.

 “Mmm, it’s almost 2. Wae, oppa?”

 It’s nice sitting here with Haengeun. It’s so relaxing, Sandeul thought. He was feeling tranquility in their current situation. He was quietly listening to Haengeun speak. Mmm, her voice is so pretty. So it’s almost 2, mmm. Mwo!?, he screamed in his mind.

 “Mwo?! Did you say it’s almost 2?!”, Sandeul yelled and stood up.

 “Ne, you can check yourself. Why are you shouting?”, Haengeun said, covering her ears.

 Sandeul did check the time and to his horror, Haengeun was right. Eottoke!? Eottoke!? How will I!?, he thought. Panic was beginning to creep within him. His time was almost up yet he hasn’t confessed to the girl he adores. He then begun to pace back and forth, mumbling to himself.

 Haengeun was confused with Sandeul’s actions.

 “Junghwan Oppa, gwenchana?”, Haengeun asked in front of Sandeul.

 Hearing Haengeun’s voice, Sandeul snapped back to reality. He was stunned when he was face to face with Haengeun. How did she?, he asked himself. His heartbeat was above normal. Having her close to his face made him more nervous. *cough* He cleared his throat and stepped back a bit. Another puzzled expression was found on Haengeun’s face.

 “This is it.”, Sandeul whispered.

 “Huh?”

 “Baby, ani. Haengeun”, Sandeul begun.

 “Ne?”

 “I know this sound weird but I like you, ani, scratch that. I love you, I love you Haengeun, ever since you became our friend. I know you were acting as Kyuneun back then and of course, all of us thought you were a guy and all. But that didn’t stop my feelings from being there. You can say that I became gay for a while, that’s why when I learned that you’re actually a girl my feelings deepen. Every moment I shared with you, I can’t help but love you more.”, Sandeul said all too fast.

 Haengeun found hard to follow whatever Sandeul was saying to her. She stunned as usual, not knowing what on Earth she would do. So she just stood there, staring at Sandeul.

 There was an awkward moment after Sandeul’s confession. He could think of anything else to say to her. Ya! Haengeun! Say something!, he yelled in his mind. There was no use because he noticed that Haengeun had lost it. Okay, time’s up. I did my part. *sigh*, he thought. He held out another breath and put on a smile.

 “Baby”, Sandeul sang poking Haengeun’s cheeks.

 “Mm?”, Haengeun mumbled.

 “Time to go. Here.”, Sandeul said handing over an envelope.

 *sigh* “Another envelope? Seriously oppa.”, Haengeun whinned.

 “Ne, mianhe. It will be over soon.”, Sandeul chuckled. Unwillingly and pouting, Haengeun accepted the envelope.

 “Come baby, stop pouting. I have to go now. Give oppa one last hug.”, Sandeul said, spreading his arms. Haengeun went into his arms and hugged him back.

 “Saranghae”, Sandeul whispred to her ears.

 Breaking the hug, Sandeul smiled one last time and dib her goodbye.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 So it was Sandeul who was waiting for Haengeun at Hongdae. All they did was eat and eat. Sandeul finally confessed to her and just like her reaction to CNU and Baro's confession, she just stood there. Too bad for them, Haengeun is pretty dense when it comes to things like those.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Annyeong yeorobun! So did I do justice on Sandeul's and Haengeun's date?? I thought that a food date would be so perfect for them, since Sandeul likes to eat and stuff. So tell me, okay?? 3 down, two more to go. :]