The Meeting

WINNER: Of Palaces and Ruins (JINYOON)

They met on a late winter night in the city. Jinwoo had blown off a meeting, sick to his teeth of his bland life. He had nothing to show his agents anyway, so why bother. Seungyoon was having a quiet night for once, occupying himself with whisky and bitterness instead of wrecking havoc.

Jinwoo slid into the chair next to him. Seungyoon watched, curious. Jinwoo didn’t stand out in the bar’s crowd of sneaky businessmen and opportunistic low lifers, but up close Seungyoon noticed his clothes looked expensive, though undoubtedly simple. Seungyoon’s practiced eye ran over his trim haircut (expensive salon), the slim watch on his hand (practical but stylish) and the classy drink his hand. Whoever this guy was, he was no low lifer.

On any other night Jinwoo would have been a mark. But tonight wasn’t any other night. Their eyes met and Jinwoo gave him a small smile, almost sly like he knew what Seungyoon had been thinking just moments before. The smile sent electric chills down Seungyoon’s back and he unconsciously moved closer.

“Hey, I’m Seungyoon” he breathed, tilting his head slightly. He looked at Jinwoo again, really looked this time. His eyes ran over Jinwoo’s bright veiled eyes and delicate hands, feeling attraction growing in his chest. It took him by surprise, how this guy had enraptured Seungyoon so quickly. On any other night, Seungyoon would have ignored it and walked away. Tonight, the voices around him were muted by alcohol and Jinwoo seemed to glow unusually bright in the bar’s yellow lights.

“Hi. I’m Jinwoo,” Jinwoo grinned back. He liked this boy, with the shaggy hair and mysteriously quirked lips.

They circled each other like that for a while, asking meaningless questions about the weather and the drinks they clutched in their hands. Jinwoo’s eyes would linger on Seungyoon’s lips and the latter would find he was unable to look away, wondering if Jinwoo’s hair was as soft as it looks. As they flirted, Seungyoon moved closer until his face was only inches away from Jinwoo’s own, the smirk on his lips taunting Jinwoo, daring him to close the distance.

Jinwoo did just that, pressing his lips to Seungyoon’s softly. The kiss was soft and gentle but Seungyoon swayed, his knees weak. His eyes drifted shut and Jinwoo cradled his face softly as he pressed another kiss to Seungyoon’s lips, harder this time. The kiss deepened. Seungyoon’s hands travelled down Jinwoo’s chest, savoring his soft skin and hard chest before wrapping his fingers around the Jinwoo’s hips.

“My place is nearby,” Seungyoon whispered into Jinwoo’s ear. They stumbled out of the bar, laughing and kissing alternately, each one leaving them giddier than before. The stars twinkled coldly from above, as though watching the two boys impassionedly. Jinwoo and Seungyoon drew plenty of stares from others on the streets, but neither of them noticed nor cared. Jinwoo was lost in discovering the elegant curve of Seungyoon’s neck and the softness of his lips. Any shred of logic Seungyoon had left had been washed away by Jinwoo’s insistent kisses.

“This is better than any high I have ever been on,” Seungyoon gasped as Jinwoo nipped softly at his neck. He fumbled with the door of his apartment until finally it clicked open, sending both boys tumbling inside. Moonlight filtered through the window, cloaking Jinwoo in an ethereal light. Seungyoon drank in the sight before him, the boy with pretty eyes and mussed hair pushing down his jacket. Jinwoo’s eyes danced merrily, no longer shielded, as he pressed soft kisses to Seungyoon’s skin. Stumbling onto the bed, their eyes met again and they kissed, slow and deep.

Any other night would have seen Jinwoo asleep and Seungyoon in the streets. But tonight wasn’t like any other night. Tonight, they were together.


Seungyoon left in the middle of the night. He felt almost ashamed, running away from his own apartment. But Jinwoo would get the message and let himself out, he figured. Seungyoon wasn’t cut out for nights spent snuggled together and sharing breakfasts the morning after. It was easier this way, he told himself. Quick and clean, like everything else in his life always was. Still, he couldn’t resist turning back for one last look before hitting the streets again.

Jinwoo was sound asleep in his bed, bare chest rising and falling almost imperceptibly. His hair lay softly against his head and his lashes were dark crescents against his moonlit skin. Jinwoo looked so peaceful, Seungyoon was tempted to stand there watching him forever. He had been gentle but passionate with Seungyoon earlier, eliciting moans with the softest touch and movement. Seungyoon’s gaze lingered on Jinwoo’s lips, remembering how Jinwoo had bitten them to keep from crying out.

Enough, he told himself. It was better this way.

No complications. That was how Seungyoon liked his life.


It was late afternoon before Seungyoon could bring himself to go home. He stood staring at his apartment door, almost too scared to enter. What if Jinwoo was still inside? He should have left a note.

Saying what exactly, Seungyoon berated himself. It was a good , thank you very much. You can go home now.

He hated using those words even to himself. Jinwoo didn’t feel like a casual hook up, although for the life of him Seungyoon couldn’t explain why. Maybe it was his eyes, he mused. Jinwoo had beautiful eyes - bright and inviting, his thoughts so clearly displayed there for Seungyoon to see. Sighing, Seungyoon pushed open the door of the apartment. He stood there for a while, waiting, but no one came. There was barely any indication that Jinwoo had even been there last night.

Disappointment coursed through Seungyoon like an icy river. Seung Yoon was expecting relief but none came to distract him the crushing sight of the empty apartment. Well, what exactly did you expect, he told himself. That he would be waiting after you left with not so much as a goodbye?

Stepping into his room, Seungyoon noticed that Jinwoo did leave his mark after all. The bed was neatly made, so different from the haphazard state Seungyoon usually left it in. A note sat on the pillow, Seungyoon’s name written across it in elegant cursive. He snatched it up eagerly.

There were no words, only a phone number.

Seungyoon smiled.