Chapter 2

The One Who Played The Antagonist Character is.....ME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Welcome!" The cheery voice of the cashier greeted me as I entered the conveniece store. I was looking for some snack to munch on.

It was finally sunday today and I finally could take a break from work. The past week was hectic. With the new project on going in the company, I had to stay late and worked overtime to manage the project well.

It had also been a week since I told Jung hwejangnim about my pregnancy. Since then, he had been so attentive to me. He send a driver to drive me to and from work. I rejected his kindness at first but he insisted for me to go with the driver as he said walking from my house to work would tire me out and it could be harmful to the baby.  

It only takes 30 minutes with bus from my place to work. I don't think I will be that weak just because I'm pregnant. I used to walked to my house which were farther than my current house. But if he insisted why would I rejected it right. I needed to get used with this moving-with-a-car thing. Rich people doesn't take public transport. They ride their own car.

Hwejangnim's attention and gentleness make me touched. He often called me to ask for my condition and asked if I need anything or if I craved for any food. He is such a good man. Sometimes, I think that I shouldn't do this to him. But I'm half way of my plan. I cannot back out anymore. This is my dream. To get away from my poor life.

Honestly, pregnant was never in my calculation. I was so stupid to forget about this probability that night. But it doesn't mean I don't love this baby. This baby is my own flesh and blood. Of course I love my child. But having this child weakened my heart because the baby reminded me of my sin. I know what I did was a sin. Big sin. How will my baby think if they know I got him/her after trapping their father in a very sickeningly disgusting way? I am such a horrible person. But I always consoled my heart everytime I got that guilty feeling. I can't continue until the end if I let my conscience eating me. 

I do this for money. The money and status. I used to suffered a lot because I lacked of it. I do this for my future. I don't want my child to experience the kind of life I used to have.

I looked around the store. After assured that I'd took everything I craved, I went to the counter to pay. Suddenly, something caught my eye making my foot stopped abruptly. I hurried to the newspaper side near the counter. The headline on the newspaper today make my eyes opened wide. Is this true?

PARK CHOA AND JUNG YONGHWA BREAK UP AFTER 6 YEARS

Model/designer Park Choa recently broke up with her long time boyfriend Jung Yonghwa who is also a CEO of Jung Motor Corporation. The information was revealed by a close friends of Park Choa. Park Choa also have confirmed the news. We met Choa after her photoshoot last night at Paradise Hotel. However, the reason for their separation was not known as Park Choa choose to stay silent about it. We have yet waiting for Jung Yonghwa to comment about these separation.

The couple have been together since September.........

I took the newspaper and hurriedly paid for it together with my snacks. Once I was outside the store, I continued to read the rest of it. 

Done reading, I shifted my eyes to stare at their old pictures shown in the article. They look so happy together. So in love. He must have felt devastated to break up with her. During this week, Jung Hwejangnim never talked about his relationship with Miss Park Choa. Other than his phone call every day, he never came to see me or offered to send me home himself. I had a feeling that he would cancel our wedding and choose to stay with Choa. But now he really fulfilled his promise. My heart soared reading the whole articles.

They had broke up. Good for me. Soon we will get married and I will be Mrs Jung. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After finished my lunch, I laid sprawled on my bed. Lately I felt so tired to do anything. I prefered to just laid on my bed if I have free time.

Suddenly, my phone ring. I let it rang for a few times before picked up the call. I glanced at the name on my phone before answering. It's Jonghyun.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Seohyun-ah, where are you now?"

"Hmm? I was at home. Waeyo?" 

"Can we meet? There is something I want to ask you."

Eh...what did he want to ask? Can't he just asked on the phone? Or..... did he want to ask about me and Jung hwejangnim? I remembered the news on the newspaper today.

"Okay. Where do you want to meet?"

"Can I come to your house?"

"Okay then."

I rolled on the bed a few times before slowly woke up to tidy up my apartment a little. It was a bit messy as I don't have time to clean it. Usually, I clean my house on the weekend but as I said lately I was so lazy and tired. The morning sickness I suffered every early morning drained me out of my energy so much. I preferred to just lie down on the bed if I don't need to go to work. 

Jonghyun came knocking on my door exactly 20 minutes after the called. He must have been near here when he called.

"Hi. I brought you some cold noodle." The smell of the food was so delicious. I resisted the urge to just open and enjoy it right away. Seohyun you just had your lunch!

"Come in and have a seat." He sat down on the sofa. It was the only chair I had in this house. Actually, to call this a house was a bit exaggerated. I rented a small room above the convenience store. It have a small bathroom and a kitchen. It is comfortable enough for me as I live alone here.

I sat beside him on the sofa and turned to look at him. He stared at me long before decided to break the silent.

"Is it true that you're pregnant?" He suddenly asked.

"Ne?" My eyes rounded. I'm sure that he already knew about my pregnancy and how its related to Jung hwejangnim. But for him to just get straight to the point like that was a bit shocking. I'm not ready to answer him.

"H-how...he told you?"I asked.

"Yes. But it doesn't matter. I just want to know if it is true?" He looked at me.

"Ne..its true."

He closed his eyes. He looked surprisingly dissapointed. The kind of reaction that you get when you hope for someone to tell you something good but instead told you otherwise. He looked......crestfallen. My mind goes back to what hwejangnim told me before about Jonghyun liking me. Is it true?

"How..how are you cope with this?" After a few minute of silent he suddenly asked me. "Yonghwa said you guys will get married." 

I stared at him. Hwejangnim really meant what he said!

"Ne. He suggested it for the sake of the baby."

"Is that what you want?" 

"Its for the baby."

"Will you be happy? He doesn't love you, Seohyun. His love is for Choa."

"I know." Who cares if he doesn't love me?

He looked at me frowning. Not satisfied with my answer.

"I will try to be happy. If my baby happy, I would be happy too. This is the right decision to do. My child need a father. And I believe I will be happy with him. I have to." Of course I will be happy. I'll live a merry life being a CEO's wife. 

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

Definitely sure. No need to ask Lee Jonghyun oppa. I'm the one who planned this. This is what I want from the start. Now that my dream was a few steps away from becoming a reality why would I waver?

"Yes." I gave him a smile. I know he genuinely care for me. I wondered if he knew the real me, would he be this nice to me? Or he would be disgusted and avoided me? He was someone dear to me. Always there when I needed help. I always felt safe with him. Since the first time I met him, he had showed nothing but kindness to me. 

I wonder why didn't I seduced him and married him since he is quite well off too. But I know I would never hurt him that way. He deserved better than being betrayed.

I still remember how we met. My meeting with him had changed everything. He helped me out of my suffering. I never thought I could be free from my misery and become this kind of Seohyun. A greedy woman with a tainted heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flashback on our meeting years ago:

Its 9 pm and I was on my way home after finished my shift at a cafe. There is a small park that I need to pass to get to my house. The park were dark and deserted at night. Everytime I passed through the park, it gave me chills as my mind started to wonder about other non-human entity and I would walked ten times faster when walking passed the park. But the park never being dangerous to me.

That night, I once again needed to pass the park. However, the park was not scary because of the ghost. It terrified me because there were a few thugs lounging there. I walked in hurry while praying that they would ignore me. But to my dismay, those guy surrounded me and forced me to follow them. They touched my face and sniffed my hair. I was almost that night if not because of Jonghyun. He coincidentally passed the park and saw me dragged to a bushes. He immediately stopped his car and came rescuing me. He kicked down some guy, and pulled me to his run. We spleeted away from those guys to his car. 

He quickly star

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter