1/2

White T-Shirt

Krystal’s eyes stirred open at the sound of the alarm clock going off. Lazily, she propped herself on her elbows and sat up. “Ugh” she rubbed her eyes, trying to shoo away the sleep away from her eyes. 

“Shut the hell up” she smashed her hand on the snooze button. Streching her hands, Krystal yawned. Her eyebrows furrowed upon seeing the empty bed next to hers.

 A frown appeared on her perfect face as she remembered the events of the previous night. Krystal rolled on the bed in annoyance before getting out of it.

 Kai groaned in his sleep. His tan  legs were thrown over the armrest; hovering in the air— cons of being a tall person. The couch was beyond uncomfortable for him. He shifted on the leather couch. His eyelids were heavy but he couldn’t fall asleep. 

 

Not with his girlfriend mad at him. 

 

Kai’s eyes shot opened when the bedroom door clicked open. He, at once, sat up straight. His eyes darted towards the figure, moving in his direction.

“Babe?” he smiled meekly waiting for her response but it never came. Instead, Krystal walked past the couch; in which Kai sat and towards the kitchen.

A scowl replaced his smile. With a swing of his legs, he got off the couch; his eyes still glued to his girlfriend.

“Love?” He called out to her again but he was met by silence again. “Honey, you mad at me?” he his lips nervously before  shuffling towards the female. 

“What makes you say that?” Krystal snapped, her tone icy cold as she slammed the cupboard shut; startling Kai. 

He began slowly, “Well… you left the part early and the bedroom door was locked. I had to sleep on the couch—” The male trailed off when Krystal’s deadly gaze met his. Her face devoid of any emotions. He gulped. 

“I must’ve locked it then,” she shrugged.

“Uh okay”

It was only now when Kai’s eyes landed on what Krystal was wearing. His eyes went wide, enough to pop them out of their sockets. 

He choked out, “Krystal?” 

She casted him a unamused look.

“Hm?” 

“Is that my - my white t-shirt?” He said, his eyes on her petite figure. Krystal was wearing Kai’s white v-necked shirt. Besides that? Nothing. 

“It is” she opened the top cupboard, attempting to take out a box of cereal and bowl. 

But even with her height, she couldn’t reach.

Kai was tempted to help but stopped when he saw her struggling. 

‘Cute’ he thought.

Krystal wasn’t going to ask her boyfriend for help. She was stubborn.

She stood on her tip-toes, extending her hand out; but still failed.

Once again, she tip-toed; Kai’s breath hitched in his throat when the white fabric

lifted up.

“Uh Krys”

“Hm?”

“Your are showing”

At once, Krystal straightened herself.

She turned back around and threw the male an unamused look. 

“Why? Are they distracting you?” she smirked and Kai blinked at her.

“Whaaaaat?” he snorted, trying to look everywhere but at her porcelain bare legs.

“Oh really? The bulge in your pants say otherwise” she gave him a lopsided smile.

“Its not like—“

Kai was cut off at the sound of the doorbell.

“I’ll go check” She stated. Before even giving Kai the chance to say anything, she shoved past him.

“You can’t go and answer the door dressed like that!” Shrieked her boyfriend after her. But it was already to late.

“Hey!” Kai heard the sound of a male from the kitchen. Cursing under his breath, he stomped in their direction.

“Jackson! What’re you doing here?” This time it was Krystal’s cheery voice. When he reached, he saw Krystal leaning on the door frame; her arms folded and a smile hovering over her lips. Next to her, stood a broad and lean male in a wife-beater and a pair of khakis. 

He approached the duo. 

“Who’s this, baby?” Kai arched his brow, snaking his arm around his girlfriend; putting special emphasis on the ‘baby’.

“This—“ Krystal subtly shook his arm off, “— is Jackson. Our—“ she leaned in his ear and whispered “—hot neighbour” 

The smile on Kai’s face vanished at once.

“Hi Jackson! I’m her BOYFRIEND. Nice to meet you” Kai reached out his hand. Jackson took Kai’s in his hand and gave it a shook.

“Jackson. Same” he gave Kai a lopsided grin.

“So, sweetheart, wanna go on a walk with me?” Kai heard Jackson ask, his eyes did a roll.

‘Pfft. A walk with you? Dream on’

Kai smirked internally. Of course his girlfriend was going to decline.

“Sure. I’ll come!” To Kai’s surprise, Krystal answered cheerfully. Kai did a double take and gaped at his girlfriend. 

“Let’s go then,” 

“Wait krys!” I grabbed her wrist, causing her to give a suspicious look. 

“What?”

“At least put on some pants” He told her.

“You do that, honey!” Kai gritted his teeth,

“Yeah do that, GIRLFRIEND” he winked at the young woman, making Krystal do a disgusted face.

“Be right back” said Krystal as she went back inside, Kai obseving her.

“Huh! So you’re her lousy boyfriend” Jackson snorted, making Kai lower his brows.

“Excuse me?” Kai took a step back, placing his hand on his chest; surprised at the accusation.

“Weren’t you the guy flirting with other girls at the party last night?” Jackson listen his perfect brow. 

“Wha— May I tell you that those were my models and I wasn’t flirting—“

“Yeah sure”

“Who do you think you are—“

“I’m back! What’s up with you guys?” the young woman asked noticing the tense atmosphere. 

“Nothing!” Both of the males spoke simultaneously. 

“Oh…kay” Krystal looked at Jackson then back at her boyfriend, not quite convinced. 

“Can I also come?” The golden skinned male tried asking with a smile.

“I’ll see you later, Jongin” Krystal stated, deadpan.