Hidden Motives

Necklace of Regrets

 

“Coffee please.” Yuri said as she sat down in front of Jessica at a quiet corner of the café.

“You’re not going to be able to sleep tonight, pabo.” Jessica scolded gently, quickly changing Yuri’s order to a milk tea instead.

“Yuri, Jessica, what’s your status?”

“Nothing much. The dude’s having some major heart to heart talk with his manager or whoever that bald, ugly guy is.” Jessica replied bluntly as they watched their target talk to a middle aged man who seemed particularly old for his age with all the wrinkles clearly visible from the distance between them

“Stress I guess.” Yuri stated indifferently, casually flipping out her phone to play a few rounds of fruit ninja before she turned back to Juda who seemed stressed out.

“He seems stressed out.” Yuri stated.

Jessica looked at her, raising her eyebrow before she decided to ignore Yuri. “Stating the obvious again.” Jessica mumbled.

Yuri narrowed her eyes at Jessica before she turned back to their target who seemed to be in major distress. “Murdered someone lately?” Yuri said sarcastically.

All of a sudden, the man seemed to become unnaturally composed and he immediately stood up and left the restaurant with his manager. “Target is on the move.” Yuri reported.

Leeteuk gave a simple command.

“On his tail, now. Report to me every half hour.”

“Yoona where’s my report?” Leeteuk demanded.

“The victim to have been sufforcated before she died, but apparently the killer didn’t leave any fingerprints. The two puncture holes on the neck.. are unexplainable. I can’t seem to be able to think of what type of weapon could’ve created two holes.”

“Teeth?” taeyeon interrupted suddenly.

Tiffany’s blood chilled at the very thought of a real vampire. “Yah!” she yelled at the shorter girl, slapping her shoulder before Taeyeon could say anything else.

“Target has reached back to his apartment.” Yuri reported.

“Araso.” Leeteuk answered, “ Come back and get ready for tonight’s schedule, the second day of a concert is always more hectic than the first.”

As they walked back, Jessica looked expectantly at Yuri, who was casually just slurping up her root beer float, looking innocent and all. Fully aware, Jessica intentionally walked closer to Yuri while swinging her arms so that Yuri would take note, at the same time, passing the girl a hint to grab hold of her hand.

Unfortunately, Yuri, being too distracted by her phone and her drink, was too busy replying Taeyeon’s spam messages to bother about Jessica who was desperately vying for attention. “I’m losing to a drink?!” Jessica screamed in her head as she narrowed her eyes at Yuri before snatching Yuri’s drink away.

“Mine.” She said childishly as she began slurping up the root beer float, her teeth secretly gnawing at the straw. “Stupid root beer float! Go to hell!” she cursed the drink as she bit the straw even harder.

“Sica? Why are you.. biting the straw?” Yuri asked, looking questionably at the girl who was now openly biting the straw with her canines.

Jessica simply smiled back sweetly. “My teeth were itchy.” She explained innocently whiled giving Yuri a pout. Yuri scoffed and turned back in the direction they were walking.

Jessica, who was getting frustrated, began swinging her hand even harder, and with some luck, she accidentally grazed Yuri’s hand. Yuri immediately caught the hint and caught Jessica’s hand on the fly. Upon feeling something warm catch her hand, Jessica’s face immediately flushed bright pink, her face literally glowing in the dim evening sunlight of the unusually deserted street near Juda’s house.

“You wanted this didn’t you?” Yuri teased playfully,  knocking Jessica’s head gently as she felt Jessica’s hand creep up her arm, interlocking it with hers.

Jessica looked down shyly at the floor, avoiding Yuri’s accusing stare as she dragged her feet. Yuri simply smiled as she touched the twin rings that hung around her neck in the form of a necklace, obscured from Jessica’s vision by the mere fabric that covered it. “Ah, I miss your car.” Jessica stated, hitting the side of her thighs to prevent them from cramping as they trudged back to their hotel.

Yuri smiled in response but she smirked when she saw a bicycle parked by the side of the road, abandoned. “We might not have to walk back.” She stated as she pulled Jessica to the bicycle.

Using a small paper, Yuri carefully picked the bicycle lock until the lock finally opened and she swung herself atop the small vehicle. “So you’ve learned the ways of a thief while I was gone?” Jessica joked, settling herself in the back seat.

“Theft, rogue, whatever you call it. At least it’s useful right?” Yuri stated, gulping down a large mouthful of saliva when Jessica suddenly wrapped her arms around her waist.

“Go go go! We’re gonna be late for dinner!” Jessica yelled, raising her fist in the air.

Yuri simply chuckled and proceeded on quietly as dusk settled in; the sun’s glorious red rays shining beautifully over the surface of the crystal clear seawater as they cycled on the deserted road, the silence between them only broken by the calming splash of waves and the occasional call of seabirds in the near distance.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As soon as Yuri and Jessica entered the buffet room in the hotel, what greeted their eyes was not only food, but also Taeyeon and Tiffany who were stealing food from each other’s plates. “Kids will be kids.” Jessica chuckled, her arm interlocked with Yuri’s as they walked to get a plate and started picking their food.

“Yuri, does that one taste good?” Jessica asked, pointing to a large plate full of California rolls.

Yuri shrugged. “Why don’t you try it?” she said, picking up the roll with her chopsticks and carefully feeding it to Jessica.

Jessica immediately squealed. “It’s good! Take more of it.” She said in english as she chewed.

Tiffany who was gazing at the two soon-to-be lovebirds, hit Taeyeon’s arm, causing her spoon to drop into the bowl of soup.

“Why can’t you be like that?” Tiffany asked, pointing towards Yuri who was letting Jessica try out a piece of stewed meat.

Taeyeon raised her eyebrow at Tiffany before she turned back to her food. “Fany ah~ Say AHHH!!” she half-yelled, successfully attracting Jessica’s attention as she fed Tiffany a spoonful of soup.

Yuri looked at Taeyeon with a “the hell?” expression fixed on her face before she turned back to her plate. Suddenly, she felt something furry nudge her leg.

“Taeyeon! You’ve been in my room! Haven’t you?!” Yuri accused immediiatly.

Taeyeon immediately looked back at Yuri innocently, but she turned away in guilt the moment Yurin poked it’s head from under Yuri’s table and purred at her. “Stupid dork.” Yuri scolded Taeyeon while Yurin jumped onto Jessica’s lap.

“Oh! Yah Yurin you scared me.” Jessica giggled, breaking her California roll in half and feeding it to Yurin.

“Yuri ah? I think she likes California rolls.” Jessica smiled, gently patting Yurin’s head as the cat swallowed it’s food before eagerly looking at Jessica’s plate.

Meanwhile, beside Tiffany, Sooyoung was busy pigging out, handling more than 5 plates at one go as she stuffed food down which acted a little like a bottomless hole. “Sooyoung ah, you’re gonna choke.” Tiffany warned, patting Sooyoung’s back to slow her down.

Sooyoung paused for a while to let out a sigh before she continued eating. “Eating like this is the only way I can take my mind off her.. Even if it’s just for half an hour.” Sooyoung said to herself as she took a large bite of pizza.

Sunny, who was sitting beside Taeyeon, eyed Sooyoung from time to time, hoping to share eye contact with her even if it was for a split second, but Sooyoung didn’t even glance her way.

Feeling defeated and helpless, Sunny sighed as she quietly continued her meal, while Taeyeon and Tiffany, who were stuck in their own world of sweet talk mixed with minor bickerings, did nothing but unintentionally make the two loners beside them feel even worse than they already were.

 

 

 

 

 

“So Leeteuk, what were we supposed to do again?” Taeyeon asked, her short term memory acting up really badly as Tiffany knocked her head while leeteuk let out a frustrated grunt.

“Can someone else take over the job of telling Taeyeon what to do?” Leeteuk asked.

“We’re supposed to look and see which one of these fans look crazy enough to murder someone!” Tiffany yelled at Taeyeon over the screams of the crowd, but at the same time, almost turning the rest of the members deaf with her loud voice.

“Remind me why we’re looking for our murderer in the middle of a crowd of two thousand again.” Jessica asked, yelping when a fan beside her suddenly screeched.

“We’re not! We’re looking for someone who might know what Juda or whoever this murderer might be thinking about.” Tiffany stated as she and Taeyeon sneaked into the backstage and watched the crowd from behind the cover of the curtains.

“Mirror mirror on the wall, who’s the craziest of them all?” Tiffany and Taeyeon said together.

“Tiffany.” Taeyeon immediately blurted out.

“WHAT?!”

“Oh nothing.” Taeyeon smiled sweetly.

“Mirror mirror on the wall, who’s the shortest of them all. Ah yes.. Kim Taeyeon.” Tiffany said sarcastically, giving an eye smile to Taeyon.

Feeling insulted, Taeyeon decided that revenge was a necessity to have. “Mirror mirror on the wall..” she started, innocently looking around the crowd, “ Who is the clumsiest of them all. Oh yes. Hwang Miyoung.”

Tiffany’s jaw fell agape and she immediately gave Taeyeon a faked hurt look, giving the girl a hard slap on the back. Taeyeon brushed the pain away as she stuck out a tongue at Tiffany, barely dodging Tiffany’s hand which almost grabbed her tongue.

“Mirror mirror on the wall..”Tiffany growled,  “ Who is the dumbest of them all?”

Frustrated with the couple’s frequent childish quarrels while at work, Yuri couldn’t take it anymore. “Taeyeon and Tiffany.” She blurted out, but she ended up getting ganged up upon by the two girls.

“The mirror talked!” the two girls said before they burst into fits of laughter.

Yuri’s hand curled into a fist as she winced, luckily, Jessica managed to dissolve the girl’s anger with just a simple touch on the shoulder. “I’m gonna kill the two of you one day..” Yuri hissed into the microphone.

“And I’m sure you’ll get us!” Taeyeon laughed hard.

Suddenly out of nowhere, a kid dressed in a full black suit walked up the stage and dragged the main singer down the stage, but unfortunately for him. His lame attempt at being a kidnapper failed and he was immediately dragged out of the concert hall, receiving jeers from the crowd, some even going as far as to throw their shoes at his face while he was being dragged out by Security. “I think we’ve found our nutter.” Tiffany smirked as she pulled Taeyeon along with her. “Sunny, Sooyoung, stay here, Yuri, Sica, come with me, corner this guy.”

“Thrash.” The guard scoffed as he threw the skinny young man into the raining dark alley behind the concert hall.

“What would you know?” the young man growled as he pounded on the backdoor, but after a few minutes of pounding, he realized it was going nowhere and he was just going to get sick, and so he gave up.

With his mascara and other make up fading away along with the rainwater that dripped down his face, the young man made his way out of the alley, limping after his encounter with the security. “Stupid bastard even ripped my shirt.” He grumbled to himself, gently rubbing the small black bruise that was now appearing on his cheek.

Just as he was about to exit the alley onto the main street, two figures appeared in front of him. “We need to talk.” The shorter one said coldly.

The taller of the two simply nodded sternly, their faces flashing white for a moment when a flash of lightning zipped across the sky, lighting up the dark alley for a brief second. Afraid that the two might be angry fans, the man immediately turned around and started running but before he could reach the end of the alley, he saw a brunette standing under the lamp where he had been thrown by the security guard. Fearing for the worst, he saw a small gap that led to an even narrower alley right beside him and he immediately made a dash for that small gap.

But after a few seconds, he reappeared back into the wider alley, his face contorted with fear as he slowly backed away, with the barrel of a handgun whose bullets were strong enough to punch a hole through a bulletproof vest pointed in between his eyes. “We don’t want to hurt you.” The brunette under the lamp said with a slightly high pitched voice.

“But if you resist, my finger might just slip.” The other one mused, her sweet voice tainted with her cold, dark personality as her finger tightened on the trigger.

“I’ll tell you nothing.” The man spat.

Feeling slightly annoyed, Yuri immediately pointed down in between the man’s legs and fired a shot, causing the man to let out a terrified scream. “That was close wasn’t it?” she said as she bent down and looked at the fearful man with her glacial stare.

“Next time, I won’t miss.” She threatened as she glared into his terrified eyes.

“F-fine. Who are you?” the man asked.

Yuri gave the man a smile before she stood up. “Police, we need your help for an investigation of a murder that happened . You have the right to remain silent but whatever you say may be used as evidence in court trials.” Tiffany stated as she took a step in front of the man.

“Why do you get the cool parts?” Taeyeon complained as she helped the man to his feet.

“It’s better than letting a dork do it.” Tiffany shrugged ,” This way sir.”

 

 

 

In an interrogation room in the heart of Las Vegas….

“Where were you yesterday at 1a.m in the morning?” Sunny questioned, slamming her hand on the table in an attempt to make herself look ferocious.

“Remind me why Sunny insisted so strongly on doing this?” Yuri said as she raised an eyebrow at the helpless girl while she and Jessica watched from behind the television screen.

“She wanted to know what it feels like to interrogate someone.” Jessica stated, turning around when she heard the door open behind her ,” Ah, welcome back.”

“Your cookies and milk are here!~” Tiffany said with much excitement as she put the snacks on the table.

“Stop using me as an excuse to buy your snacks.” Yuri grumbled as she casually poured herself some milk and took a packet of cookies from inside the large plastic bag.

“Shut up and eat, Yul.” Jessica said jokingly, pushing a cookie into Yuri’s mouth forcefully while she carefully listened to the man’s every word.

“Sunny what’re you doing? You’re getting off topic.” Yuri said into the microphone into Sunny’s wireless radio when Sunny began talking to the man about her fear of fireworks.

“Right..” Sunny scratched her head , getting back on track ,” Well, let’s see, why did you want to—“

“Kidnap Juda? Why wouldn’t I? He’s gorgeous!” the man said proudly, then for some strange reason he started looking elsewhere dreamily like a lovesick girl.

“Eww...” Tiffany said in English, sticking out her tongue in disgust as she watched the man’s expression.

“How long are you guys gonna keep m—Aww damn the concert’s over! !” he cursed loudly, flailing his arms wildly before he slumped on the table like a deflated balloon ,” now I won’t be able to see my baby again…”

“Double eww.” Jessica commented, also in English ,”I can’t take this anymore. Fany ah! Let’s go find Sooyoung for a snack.”

“Yay! Midnight snack!” Tiffany yelled childishly as she locked arms with Jessica and they left their lovers to watch Sunny’s awkward interrogation.

“She should seriously go back to just playing with her coding programmes.” Yuri sighed as she watched Sunny slam her hand on the table once more, only to get ignore by the man.

“I’ll go.” Taeyeon sighed.

“No I’ll go, you just sit down here and watch the pro.” Yuri said confidently.

Taeyeon scoffed at Yuri’s self-praise but let the latter go anyways.  “Nice ..” she mumbled.

“What did you say?” Yuri asked.

“Oh. Nice pants.” Taeyeon smiled innocently. Yuri rolled her eyes before she walked calmly into the interrogation room.

Immediately after she entered the room, the man bolted upright and stared warily at Yuri, his face clearly showing that he remembered that Yuri was the one who pointed a gun at him. “I see you remember me.” Yuri smirked,” so maybe you’ll cooperate with me?”

The man looked cautiously at Yuri, backing away from the table as much as possible until he was against the wall. “Where were you yesterday night?” she repeated Sunny’s question.

Immediately, the man replied Yuri’s question, his voice shaking rather violently. “I w-w-was s-stal-k-k-king J-j-juda and t-t-taking pict-tures of h-his c-c-c-car.”

“Stalker.” Yuri chuckled, but quickly composed herself ,” So, would you kill another fan because she was harassing Juda?”

“Well, I might threaten her, but I wouldn’t kill her,  it’d be stupid to go to jail and not be able to look at my baby..” he stated bluntly.

Yuri managed to block out the last word as she continued her questioned, undisturbed unlike Sunny. “And in what way would you kill them?” she asked out of curiosity.

The man thought about this for a long while.

“Poison, burn them alive, bury  them alive, make them drink till they explode and… stabbing their necks.”

Taeyeon and Yuri immediately perked up when they heard the word ‘neck’. “Is.. Something wrong, officers?” the man asked, sounding rather innocent ,”I know I’m sick but..”

Taeyeon passed Yuri a simple instruction and Yuri complied.

“Tell me more about this… neck thing.” Yuri said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : Yoooo!~ sorry for not updating so frequently nowadays I’ve been… busy xD

Anyways, I’m trying to update longer nowadays but I don’t wanna add too many ideas inside one chapter and make u guys confused so imam keep the chapters at average length :\

 I’ll try to describe more though, so please leave comments, subscribe to all my fics xD and also  for those of you who liked LTTT and haven’t add me as a friend please do so because I’m putting LTTT as a private fic. And also I hope that you can actually just help by supporting my new fics? (: Really need the support from you guys. Stumbling Into Love’s Gates will be updated soon. In a week or two –shrugs- I just need a bit more time to finish up the poster and finish the drama plotting

So yeah! Support it and wait for my next update for NOR! I promise u wont be disappointed. jeTi went on a date~ xD with.. Sooyoung..

Anyways I’ll be going to sleep now.

 

 

 

Time out!~